Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
I am a bit disappointed about the Snap challenge only being kept for one year. I look back occasionally at last year to see what I have been doing this time last year... and Ellie has just used 2019 as inspiration for the May 2021 challenge. Carousel we save, say, two years at least.
I would think any member that hasn’t been on here for several years isn’t going to come back now and it would be ok to delete their old galleries.
If it is the CHALLENGE info that you need, that is easy to solve - I would suggest someone collects all the challenges into a single post by year (just a simple list) and I can delete the rest. We could keep every year there is if we do that. Again, it is the PHOTOS that are the problem.

I need to try to sort out how photos are attached to posts and what it means for storage. But the fact is the Galleries and not the forum posts are the real problem - the stuff I am suggesting removing (other that Snap) doesn't get used, so we should get rid of it and then I can assess the difference it made. Check out how much the profile pics and avatars use. That is a surprise!

data.jpg

I will look at Dolly's suggestion (a good one) of deleting old galleries and see how easy it is to do - currently what I am seeing is that I can delete PHOTOS in bulk, by date or by ticking boxed in long lists. What I can't seem to do is delete a member gallery. I might be able to delete a MEMBER (and thus delete their gallery) but I need to figure out if they then get deleted from UKS completely or only from the Gallery. Deleting a UKS member sets all their posts to GUEST. That would be a disaster for the forum.

It's all interconnected