Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Portrait 3 or Cameo 4?

Can anybody tell me if there is much difference in these machines apart from the size obviously.

Also I understand you don't need to use a mat to cut but I've seen a few videos and it doesn't look to great, there seems to be some ragged edges, has anyone tried it out?
    Thanks again.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I would say price for starters. Portrait 3 only has one tool holder and looking at the features is similar to the Cameo 3, Only the Cameo 3 has two tool holders and you can use either.

The Cameo 4 has two tool holders but the second one has a greater force (so says the specifications) and can only be used with certain tools like the rotary blade and 3mm Kraft blade. All tool holder have a flat back with a piece of metal across in different places depending on the tool. I think so Studio can auto detect which tool is in place. To use the older tools like the pen holder and blade there are a set of jacket adapters.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Cutting without a mat is called a pop-out cut and is for materials like cardstock or other paper that don’t have a backing. It does this by lifting the blade in tiny segments as it cuts leaving part of the design connected to the full page by small tags. The design can then be popped out of the card once the cutting action has been completed but it can leave a ragged look where you have popped out the tabs. You can of corse cut as normal by using a mat.