Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Returning crafter. Wow, what a difference?

I cannot find an intro thread, so please move this if it is in the wrong place.
    Hi everyone, i am LucyJane, (Lucy), i have been paper-crafting for years, but due to the pressure of work it fell by the wayside,
    Now a couple of years on, and being retired, (not by choice i may add), i am well and i have just begun where i left off, busily gathering craft items and replacing a broken 1st generation Cuttlebug with a smart new Big Shot.
    But how the craft world has moved on. I am amazed at the cutting dies and 3D embossing folders etc. available now and i cannot stop buying them, and once i have them there's always more i want ! (sound familiar, fellow crafter's?)
    Soooo, lately, I have been making cards for birthdays and anniversaries once again. And i have introduced my small granddaughters to the joys of being creative also. They love it.
    I hope to find inspiration here, and to join in and chat to fellow crafter's like myself.

Cheers Lucy
    Last edited by LucyJane71; 11-04-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Welcome Lucy and I'm glad to hear you are well again and getting back into crafting. You're right, things have moved on a lot over the last few years and I can understand the need for buying dies and more dies, I have a bit of a problem like that too. Just when you think 'that's it, I don't need another die', stamp, card stock or tool, another pops up and becomes a must have.

Good that you've found us and wonderful that you're encouraging your granddaughters too. You will find lots of inspiration and chat here, very friendly bunch. If you haven't already, check out the card challenges and join in when you are ready. Not sure if it is 10 posts before you can upload, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the old Cuttlebug too and it is still working but I've recently bought the Big Shot Plus. I didn't really need it I have other A4 die cutting machines but hubby encouraged me, almost made me buy and it would have been rude to refuse now wouldn't it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou so much for the lovely welcome Susie.
    I was never much interested in die cutting before so the old Cuttlebug had only been used for embossing, however when i got some dies i overdid it and it just flew into bits , much like a clowns car in a circus! Hubby gave me some birthday money and i bought the big shot with some of it. Yes there is always another must have die/folder and sundries to be got.
    I am having good fun looking round here, yes it is soooooo friendly, i am going to like it here, methinks.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That made laugh, the exploding Cuttlebug. As you will find out, I love dies and am well known for enabling which is basically encouraging others to buy things. Mind you, watch out, there are a quite a few of us on here that do that, I shall mention no names, the guilty know who they are. I have to say the Big shot, whichever size you've got is a dream to use isn't it. Everything just glides through.

Do check out the card challenges. They're just a bit of fun and you can join in or not and you will definitely get more ideas from there, our styles are varied and I look forward to seeing your style when you can post. Tomorrow being the 1st of the month there will be new challenges posted so watch out for those, most of all have fun!

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Welcome aboard Lucy. I hope you enjoy your journey with all of us. A very friendly bunch we are too. You will no doubt find simply loads of interesting things on here from ideas and inspiration to chat groups - some folk post daily, others occasionally - as well as lots of help and information. Enjoy!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou Susie A & yiayia for your lovely welcome. I am used to being enabled and also enabling others too.
    Looking forward to challenges and also to posting what i make, when i can.

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hello Lucy, welcome back to crafting.

If you just want to chat, there's a daily thread in the Community Chat section (today's is here). These threads are open to all, so you can just read them if you like, but you'd be welcome to post of course.

The monthly Snap threads are full of chatty people too. April's is here.

If you want to join a team, go here (it's not essential, some people prefer to be in a team, some people don't). Most teams have their own chat thread.

There's also some info put together by 2 members, specially for people new to this site: it's on this thread.

Hope to see some of your creations soon!
    Last edited by g61; 01-04-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Welcome Lucy Jane..do you prefer your full name of just Lucy?
    You will find us a very welcoming group...and a Margo has pointed you in the right direction of many of the most used threads. Do you scrap too or is it predominant card making? I am a 50/50 cardmaker and scrapper.
    Mind you, watch out, there are a quite a few of us on here that do that, I shall mention no names
    I don’t know who you might mean Susie!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I did say the guilty would know who they were Elaine. Don't listen to her Lucy she's a prolific everything, cards/ scrapbooks. Whilst I'm thinking about making a card Elaine will have made dozens, all gorgeous.

View Gallery

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Welcome Lucy, lovely to see you here.
    Keep an eye on those two, they are the chief enablers

Margo has given you some great links to get you started. You’ve picked the right time to join us, right at the beginning of the month when there’s lots of new challenges to provide inspiration. If you click on ‘Forum Spy’ in the red bar above you will be taken to all the newest chats
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Welcome Lucy. Glad to see you on here. We are a chatty lot as you have heard.
    As Susie said there are quite a few enablers on here, but most of us don’t listen to them
    We are quite capable of enabling ourselves.. if you like photography ,we have a photo
    Challenge in the Snap Challenge thread every month, and also chat there.
    Hope to see some of your creations soon.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi everyone who has posted since i last posted, what a lovely welcome. I am still trying to find my way around, i discovered lots of chatty areas this morning. However i don't know how to join a group? I mainly make cards using die cutting and embossing. But i also watercolour paint. (and do all kinds of fibre related crafts too, which i know isn't something for here.)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just added my name to the team link in the hope i get claimed. LOL

View Gallery

Well my team, Scrap That, have welcomed you so when you accept the invite we can add you to our group thread x