Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trace tool

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Yes tried that but I'm running a different version now and it's not working, can I revert to an older version of studio? might that work?

View Gallery

I've tried downloading the previous version and that hasn't helped. Never mind I'll just have to start again. Thanks for your help.

View Gallery

Ok so I looked under my name on the Library tab and my old email address, which I no longer have access to, is there so I clicked on it and hey presto my files are there. But under that old email heading it says 'working offline'. I changed the email address on the store because as I say, I no longer have access to that email. I don't really know what working offline means?

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

If Working off line is selected it will cause all automatic syncing to stop so if you are in offline mode, you will need to click on the Sync button to add any new designs you buy from the Silhouette Design store to your Library.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post
    Ok so I looked under my name on the Library tab and my old email address, which I no longer have access to, is there so I clicked on it and hey presto my files are there. But under that old email heading it says 'working offline'. I changed the email address on the store because as I say, I no longer have access to that email. I don't really know what working offline means?
    Working offline means Studio isn't connected to the internet

View Gallery

I don't suppose it really matters then I can switch between the two email addresses to get my old and new files? I didn't think changing my email address would cause this problem. I had no choice because the old one is not available anymore and I've forgotten the password which is why I changed it. Thanks for your help.

View Gallery

Yes I did that on the store and all there is the three I've still got?
    I thought I'd saved them to documents but I can't find them.
    It will help you a lot if you save any important file to a totally separate cd/dvd. Label it Archive1. Then when you cannot find an original file, you will still have easy access. Also when you save a file on the PC or laptop you are working on, you must remember the folder name where you put it in case you need it in the future.
    Now to the trace situation, after you highlight the item, the screen turns dark except it highlights in yellow your item, you must then click on which one of the following: either 1) trace or 2) trace outline or 3) trace and detach.
    After you have done that the black box will disappear.
    I hope you let us know how you get on with it.trace.JPG
    Petrina

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I never save any files I design myself to the Library - a large Library can slow down the program. I save them to a folder on my PC which is backed up daily to an external hard drive with a weekly back up to a different external drive - you never know when these things might fail !!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Like Shirley I don't save the file's I make in the library I do have them on in a folder on my pc but they are also backed up on 2 separate external drives

View Gallery

Thanks for your replies.
    The trace tool is now working fine because I updated the software.
    I really don't understand why when I changed my email address, because I couldn't access my old one, why the new one didn't just replace the old one?
    I have backed up my files now but I'm finding it all very confusing.

Now I've got a new problem, my cut border is not wide enough, it doesn't cover the mat, so the end of the design doesn't cut.
    I feel like selling the machine and just cutting things out with a knife and a ruler.

View Gallery

My new problem isn't a problem if I switch from landscape to portrait? My head hurts.

View Gallery

My new problem isn't a problem if I switch from landscape to portrait? My head hurts.
    Inch my Inch- everything's a cinch. ~ Isop
    Be patient with yourself as there is a learning curve. Just when you think you know it all about the machine, something new comes to challenge you.
    There is a big payoff reward of accomplishment when you make something with easy that will make all the learning worth while.
    Have fun along the way.
    Petrina

View Gallery

I'm on my second portrait so I'm not new to it, I've used it every week, but lately anything that could go wrong seems to have done. I'm sure it'll be fine eventually.