Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: ragged cutting

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

ragged cutting

I've just dragged out my Silhouette and have been trying to cut a sentiment but the blade seems to be catching the top of the word in places, leaving it looking a bit raggedy, it certainly isn't a neat cut. I've tried adjusting the speed and force and even changed the cardstock. It is the pink blade (the old one) and I don't think it can be blunt because I've barely used it in ages.

If it isn't the blade, can you think of any other tweaks I should be making please?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Another question... I've just cut this word and I thought it was going to cut as a whole but the letters come out individually with the outline separate. Is there any way to cut them as a whole, I've tried select all and group but it seems they are already grouped? I know I'll be doing something daft but I know you will know.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 19.40.18.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say, I set the speed to 3 for this and it cut much better but is that just because it is a much bigger file size?

View Gallery

looks to me that it would cut all those lines in red as it sees them as cut lines maybe
    Maureen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for that Maureen, so if I tell it to just cut the outline will that give me the whole lot stuck together if you see what I mean?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The letters need to be slightly overlapped then welded to cut out as one piece there are lots of Youtube video's showing how to do this if you don't know how.....unfortunately when welded they wont look the same as in your picture. If you cut the outline it wont cut the whole lot together it will only around the outer edge which would be the background
    Last edited by DJG; 28-02-2021 at 10:38 AM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Thanks for that Maureen, so if I tell it to just cut the outline will that give me the whole lot stuck together if you see what I mean?
    if you tell it to cut the outer line then you should just get the outer line, which would look like the background mat.

To look like what your showing you could print and cut and only cut the outline, that would preserve the different colours. Maybe.

I can think of several different ways round, which would give a similar effect.
    Maureen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks both of you for the replies. I'll check out the Silhouette software and see if I can figure it out and if not will try Youtube. Be good if I can learn my way around the software, it has changed so much since I first bought this.

I used to weld words but can't remember which piece of software I used and that was on a pc, working on a Mac now.