Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Do you colour in your dye stamps?

Not sure how many stampers we have on here but do you colour in your stamped pictures? If so what do you use. I have seen the Stampin Up Stamp Blends on YouTube videos but obviously they are American and not easy or cheap to buy over here so was looking for some ideas please.

Thank you in advance.

View Gallery

I'm an avid stamper and yes I do colour them in, I can't see the point in stamping something and just leaving it as an outline. I love colouring anyway. I use anything from pencils, I've got a lot of Marvy Le Plume pens and more. It depends on the finish I want as to what I use to colour in. I've also used water colour paints and stamped on water colour paper, which was great fun. You can also use felt tip pens as water colours if you scribbble on glass/acetate and use a wet paint brush. Hope that helps, if you want to know anything else let me know and I'll try to hellp

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Sheila for replying, you have given me a starting point to stamping, I’m hoping I can actually start using some instead of just staring at them, really appreciate your help.

View Gallery

If you've got any stamps where the image is coloured on the stamp, try to copy that. As you do more you will be fine at colouring them in. If you think about the images as something in real life, use the colours on the stamped images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Promarkers are brilliant for giving a seamless blend and I like Spectrum Aqua for watercolours and I will use ink pads with a brush too. It's a case of finding which one you like. I also have some Chameleon pens too which are very clever. They have the blending tool so you can start off light and go darker depending on how much of the blender you use. I don't have enough time to do all the colouring I'd like to do or the crafting I'd like to do for that matter Donna. I'd watch some Youtube video's to see how people use them before investing.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Sheila and Susie, I’m sure there will be more questions in the future, I appreciate you both for helping a dumbo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Donna, nothing dumb in those questions, I find colouring very tricky and admire anyone who is really good at it. There is a bit of an art to it, especially getting shading right and I'm rubbish at it but buy some nice pens and try them out and most of all have fun.