Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Problem With Print and Cut

I am not getting anywhere with my print and cut problems with Studio and my Canon MG5750. When I print onto special card with recommended photo paper settings at 'best' the registration marks print blue every time. I installed a version 3 of studio but it still does it. I completely unplugged my printer and completely uninstalled the software including drivers and left it for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I installed the printer with the original software from a disc and connected with a USB cable. I tried again with the latest version of Studio and it still printed the registration marks in blue. Today I tried again and still had blue registration marks. I went and found my Aqua Markers and using the lamp black with a ruler carefully went over the registration marks. It did find them but I had not selected the cut lines. Tried again and it would not recognise them. Then tried again and it read the registration marks, so I was able to cut the images out. It is so frustrating when it won't do what it's supposed to do.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Have you tried downloading the drivers from the Canon site instead of using the disc Neries? I found there were a load of updates when I had to do mine a while ago. Maybe that would make a difference. Also, is your printer printing things the right colour or is it just the registration marks that are printing blue? Finally, are you using genuine inks or comparable ones? I only use genuine inks in my Canon and haven't had a problem with colours.

Sorry for all of the questions, but it might help!

View Gallery

Sue I did have all the updates for my printer but it suddenly started going wrong at the end of December which is why I cleaned everything off my computer and reinstalled with from the CD. This is my second Canon printer and to be honest the colour has not always been great on either.

My previous old H.P. printers were always spot on but I put that down to my computer is H.P. so is my monitor. H.P. no longer make printers with more than three cartridges which are expensive and I found compatibles did not always work.

I am using compatible inks and was before this happened from the same company. They are chipped and the printer thinks they are genuine.

This attached card was one of the last I made using print & cut just before Christmas using the specially coated card which does make a real difference with print quality using it. It was after Christmas my printer played up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    That's very peculiar! I have a new HP computer and have downloaded all the drivers from Canon and installed them with no problem. If there have been any problems with the print lines, I have just coloured over the black squares with a Sharpie and it has recognised the sheet. I used to have to shine a torch into my Cameo if the weather was dull as it often couldn't read them then, but haven't had a problem for a while.

I love the card by the way!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Have you cleaned the nozzles Neries, my Canon prints OK on all sorts of card.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    That's very peculiar! I have a new HP computer and have downloaded all the drivers from Canon and installed them with no problem. If there have been any problems with the print lines, I have just coloured over the black squares with a Sharpie and it has recognised the sheet. I used to have to shine a torch into my Cameo if the weather was dull as it often couldn't read them then, but haven't had a problem for a while.

I love the card by the way!

Thanks Sue, it is from a Debbie Moore USB. Youngest grandson just loves penguins and has done since he was little. I had years ago tried black Pro Markers when the registration marks were not pick up but it did not work at all. Probably because they are alcohol markers so this time thought I would try water based Aqua Marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Have you cleaned the nozzles Neries, my Canon prints OK on all sorts of card.
    Thanks Shirley I will give it a try.

I do think it is a software problem though because on plain thick card it does print black registration marks but I find the colours are not always true with images. In Ultimate Verse Writer I can't get a distinction between colours when I use the custom pallet and the same with Microsoft Word. It will only print the nearest standard pallet colour. My other Canon MG5350 was the same for that.