Chainlink 3 Challenge - February 2021

by Dee-saster

Shape Challenge - ARROW - February 2021

by Dee-saster

Feb week 4 challenge.

by RED HEAD

1DEA3CBC-36A5-48EF-9583-5459AB9FF71B

by ShopperJen123

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Snap! Challenge

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Isn't that strange Maria because without books around me I would feel like I am suffocating, they are such a part of who we are.

Sheila, that's great that you have people to swap with. I was like the lending library for our vale at one time but no-one to swap with. Although one of our new neighbours saw our bookcases and she has had beautiful bookcases built into their front sitting room and I see the books amassing. The room looks wonderful but of course we can't go in to see what they have on their shelves, not yet anyway.

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    yes, each to his own susie, indeed, though i would like to add that i dont have any of those lending/charity options here because i prefer to read in english. I would also like to add I dont throw out non fiction books when i have those, but well, I dont very often. What i do tend to hoard is recipe books... goodness knows why because i go to bbc good food site more often than not when i want something!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thank goodness we are all different eh ... keeps furniture manufacturers and publishers in business

4. The Following Users Like This Post:

Maria in France (23-02-2021),Susie.A (23-02-2021)

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,873 Posts
    That’s the reason I don’t keep non fiction books much either. It is easier to reach for the iPad and get up to date information than drag out a book. Lol
    Sunny here! Phew.

Swaps: Christmas 2020 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.Christmas bunting swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 3,250 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Morning all
    Bright but very windy here.

It is indeed Maria.. Good job we are not clones
    No plans as yet today. Might try and do the weekly LO.
    I should do some HW, but can’t be bothered!!
    I did bake some scones yesterday though

Now the rules are going to be relaxed a bit soon, I just might be able
    to see my family, if we ar3 allowed to travel that is.
    It’s been such a long time, I can’t wait.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Morning snappers, I've got a click & collect today at Tesco between 1 and 2. I also need to do some tidying up. Alicia is back at the hospital this morning about her bad eye. I got in touch with the local vet yesterday and got his lordship booked in for injections for the 10th March. I managed to find a kitten harness and lead because I don't want to let him out on his own. There are several big cats around here plus some of my neighbours hate cats and will hurt them if they go in their gardens, so I'll take him out but under my control. One of my other neighbours does the same with their cats. I put it on him a few days ago and he managed to get his head out of it so I left it for a while and put it on him again and he kept it on and even fell asleep on my lap with it on, so I'm hopeful he'll accept it and let me take him out. It's bright and sunny here today.

View Gallery

we definitely need a photo of Merlin in his harness Sheila!

So much stash, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Ha, I was sorting through recipes last week, which I pull out of magazines. Of course, I end up with duplicates along with ones I'll never actually make. Somebody mentioned the BBC Good Food site: I've just made scones from there (which recipe do you use, Ellie?). I've used the same one a few times now, so I've printed it out and stuck it in my recipe scrapbook.
    “Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them” Tolstoy

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

I’m about to make rock cakes from the BBC good food recipe! I had no idea you were talking about that and popped in here..and lo and behold..there it was. Miss A and I are about to get messy!

Swaps: Christmas 2020 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.Christmas bunting swap

View Gallery

Maria, happy to oblige - here's Merlin in his harness - you can't really see much of it but this was just before he fell asleep wearing it.Merlin in his harness.jpg

12. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (23-02-2021)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

He looks so cute in his harness Sheila. We used to take our cat out on a lead because he'd been a house cat for the first 15 months of his life and he didn't know the great outdoors.

As for using Google we are all so different. The internet is brilliant but I love to 'drag' a book out, just holding a book in my hands and opening a page is an absolute joy, I only bought a Kindle because of lockdown and being unable to get to the library but is isn't the same for me and never will be. You can tell for me it is a passion. I just hope the children of the future don't dismiss books imagine what would happen to the great libraries around the world if they did.

I hope you get to see the family soon Ellie although I am concerned this is all too early for opening up again. When you consider that vaccine or not, as many people are dying now as did at the peak of the first lockdown, it all seems a bit rushed to me. I know I shan't be rushing back into society any time soon.

Sheila my sister is having problems with cats but of a different sort. Her garden is being used as a cat's toilet, it is full of it every day and she is worried about contamination when her grandchildren do come to play. She's out constantly cleaning up and has sprayed citronella everywhere. I told her to spray it on top of the fence, I think just one neighbour alone has four cats. That's the problem with cats and I speak as a cat lover, you never know what problems they are causing for other people.

It was an awful afternoon here Ellie, grey and the wind has got up again and now it is raining. Compared to the last days when it was so warm it felt like spring was truly here there's no comparison.

Hope you've got the messy photo of Miss A Elaine.

Little Isabella has found her feet and is walking round with the aid of the furniture she's was 8 months yesterday I think, but her daddy was walking quite early too. She seems to have skipped over crawling, he'll have her playing football next.

Off to do something, I thought we were at the vets today but got my days all mixed up, good job we checked.

View Gallery

Fortunately Miss A loves books, as does her Daddy..and I do too. We still have a supply of children’s books from when our boys were little..we kept their favourites that held special memories and I have added to her collection. She reads each time she comes here and now she is reading herself she will often look at a book. Who knows what the future will bring.
    Really sunny here and dry. I took these photos of the garden earlier.
    I forgot to get a pic of her cooking but I will get one of her holding them before she goes home.
    Merlin looks very cute Sheila. He’s growing fast.
    FDE3AFB2-54DF-4B46-A733-3A7F4284A614.jpeg

So much stash, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Those spring flowers are beautiful, Elaine, just the bit of cheering up we all need right now. I love an iris, I have a few myself, just hope they come up again this year.

Merlin IS getting bigger, Sheila. What big ears he has, or is it just the angle of the photo?
    “Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them” Tolstoy

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

16. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (Yesterday)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have you stolen our good weather Elaine? What pretty flowers.

18. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (Yesterday)

View Gallery

Aww super flower photos Elaine, and Merlin is gorgeous of course Sheila. I look forward to seeing him out on his lead.

20. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (Yesterday)

+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast