Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with slim line cards

Hello and good afternoon to everyone. Came across the new type of cards called slim line cards.
    I came across some at the design store. Got some and they are good. However i tried to make own design with stitching around the layer. This was fine. Then i tried to put stitching in a frame and cut out border of squares and circles but the stitching disappeared.Tried and tried. Just wondering if someone would point me in the right direction please.
    These new frames are popular now on varies sites and tv. Keep well and safe to everyone.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Just had a look in the store and they look like they're DL card's. Can you upload a screenshot of what you're wanting to do

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen. I started searching again.I am almost getting there. i would like small squares and circles around my frame.Can only use the dash line on the frames. I shall do my best to do snap shot.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here are the frames i am trying to make. Would like make ones with small squares,small ovals faux stitching etc.
    Not sure how to post the picture of frames.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Here are the frames i am trying to make. Would like make ones with small squares,small ovals faux stitching etc.
    Not sure how to post the picture of frames.
    Ruth go to Advanced with your reply. Click on 'manage attachments' and follow instructions in the window.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Neries. Here is the image Doreen.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here are the images. can't load the images.
    would like to make frames for dl and slim line cards.
    would like the rectangle frames with a border of faux stitching, circles, squares,hearts, or any other small images.
    Sorry but attachment wont load to my reply. Thanks everyone and good morning.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Do you mean something like this Ruth ? If so one way to do it is by using the replicate tool. Re attaching files when you have browsed for the file are you then clicking on upload file ?

Replicate.jpg

View Gallery

I would need to see what you want as I can't visualise it Ruth. I hope what Shirley has suggested helps .....you could always use a pen to draw the faux stitching

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello everyone thanks for your help. Yes Shirley that's what i mean. Shall try this. Thanks Doreen shall try the pen too. Have not thought about using pens to draw the circles. Happy crafting everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello tried uploading again and it worked. Shall be adding this to my note book how to attach files to threads. Thanks again. I am grateful.

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi there. I have made lots of the squares and circles with faux stitching. Make your 3 squares (or circles) the sizes you want them - outer, inner and middle one. Get them all to "centre on page" then select the middle one and change the solid line to dashed lines - TADAH! Hope I have got what you want right.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Yiayia. just don't understand. Shirley Anne is there a tutorial somewhere on video as i don't really understand what i am doing. Sorry it is just me.Did not even know about the replicate. thanks everyone

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Thank you Yiayia. just don't understand. Shirley Anne is there a tutorial somewhere on video as i don't really understand what i am doing. Sorry it is just me.Did not even know about the replicate. thanks everyone
    Glad you managed the screenhsot Ruth. Have a look at this video on replicating it should help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfHZXvyIng4

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen. I shall go and look at the video.