Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Hybrid View

Bean around the World
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)

Overwhelmed by scrapbooking stuff

Due to renovations at our house my scrapbooking stuff has been in and out of storage for the last few years. I have today been able to reclaim my scrapbooking room, and I started getting my stash out. It consists of albums and disoraganised stash and half
    finished layouts, unfiled layouts, and trying to sort through, the tiny amount that I have retrieved is overwhelming. I don’t find it is sparking joy. So I am trying to rationalise it.

I feel that I want to start to make just a few albums of the really special moments and stories, whereas when my daughter was growing up I wanted to scrap every photo every holiday every day out, but I know that all these albums be day will run out of space.

Does anyone else understand, or found a solution?

I still want to scrapbook, as that is my therapy
    My not so new and rarely updated blog http://thingstoscrapbeforeidie.blogspot.com/

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Why not draw a line under how you scrapped before and start afresh with just scrapping those special moments? I do a mixture of both. I scrap almost every movement of my GDs life and give her an album each year on her birthday, and I keep one here too! However, for the rest of us, I choose days out events etc that were special and will evoke memories when scrolling through them in years to come. I scrap chronologically now with the odd old photo thrown in.
    I would try to finish those you’ve started first and then start in your new style. I totally get why you use scrapping as a therapy! I do exactly the same as I have a lot going on in my personal life and it is my escape. Try not to be too overwhelmed and find the joy in this wonderful hobby again! Good luck

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I moved from Uk to canada 8 years ago and I still have boxes I havent unpacked. my office looks like a bomb went off. it is overwhelming and huge and i get very little time to scrap nowadays. this year I've actually recorded some of the carnage (covid) and the memes even made it in my scrapbook. its not high art like i used to strive for its just basic paper on paper, cardstock and a few embellies.I'll never get all that scrapped. I'll never use up all the papers and cardstocks. but i start with a photo or a few that fit a theme and I just scrap that. dont think about the hundreds of pix I wont get round to. do what you can do in the time you have.
    also I seem to have forgotten how to type on a keyboard (i live on my phone)
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

Bean around the World
    View Gallery

Thank you. The unfinished stuff and badly organised albums is the most overwhelming. I have even binned a whole load of photos as there were duplicates and they were totally disorganised and I don’t know what is scrapped and what isn’t. I want to do new scrapbooking to inspire me, I know it makes sense to finish what is started, but I can’t bring myself to contemplate that, I was thinking if I could do up to one new and finish off or redo an old one that would be a good target. I am going to set aside an evening to work in my scrapbook room. I enjoyed sorting through some embellishments yesterday
    My not so new and rarely updated blog http://thingstoscrapbeforeidie.blogspot.com/

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    One way I found to manage a large amount of supplies is to select enough for a generous 'kit' and work my way through that. For me that includes 1-2 12 x12 paper pads and a similar number of single sheets, along with matching embellishments, letter stickers etc. When it gets 'low', I go 'shopping' in my stash for the next 'kit'. Having fewer supplies to choose from makes the actual making of LOs easier to do.

I also organise my photos into months and years as that helps me manage them better.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    What great idea Stitching lady! I may try that.

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Oh yes, there used to be a group that did that every month, stitching lady, I think it was the Counterfeit Kit Challenge? I wonder if it is still going.

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

Bean around the World
    View Gallery

Yes a kit is definitely a good idea, luckily I am still inspired by my stash, probably because I haven’t kept up with what is new and want to concentrate on the photos and stories

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I have actually 'culled ' some pages in my old scrap books, where I scapped too many of the same thing.
    Pictures that used to make it to an album that were good that didnt mean anything now go on facebook! (random Baloon pictures? sunsets?)
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!