Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Version of Studio released - V4.4.455

This is the latest current version of Silhouette Studio V4.4.455 - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software. Quite a few fixes, you can see the release notes here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...ease-notes/822

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Thanks for the heads up Shirley Anne ... a software update AND my parcel from Graphtec arrived this morning, now there's no excuse any more for dithering. Onwards and upwards!!!

Andi

View Gallery

Is this worth installing if one only uses a Cameo 3?
    Another Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Is this worth installing if one only uses a Cameo 3?
    Another Shirley
    It depends Shirley on what version you are using at the moment. A lot of people are apparently having problems with the software crashing and other problems but if the version you are using is working OK and it does everything you want then you may want to stick with what you have. These are the release notes:-

Release Notes For Silhouette Studio®
    V4.4.455 - 08 Dec 2020

8 December 2020

New Features!

Firmware 1.13 for Cameo 4 has been added to Silhouette Studio
    Enables mat sensor loading on Cameo 4 models - you can now press load, line up your mat, wait 3 seconds and the Cameo 4 will automatically load your material
    Fixes outstanding issues with cut offsets on the Cameo 4 Pro
    Various small fixes and improvements

Standard Edition Fixes

Fixed crash on launch affecting many users
    Fixed several other crashes and improved stability
    Files saved in a .jpg/png format now respect DPI settings in the Export Bitmap window
    .Studio3 file loading speed is improved
    Mobile SPF data is only saved to a file if the file is saved to the library and uploaded to the cloud (reduces file size)
    Studio window will now maximise on Mac
    Fixed backwards compatibility crash with certain files created in current version
    Paid-for features no longer appear in Preferences when in Standard Edition
    Added a preference for the scrollbar to be on the left
    Dropdown now reads 'Continue using eyedropper' rather than 'Zoom out' in the Tools section of Preferences
    Page Setup Panel no longer appears over send page
    Help menu hyperlinks now work correctly
    Design
    Improved software usability while the font panel is open
    Fine-tuned selection of objects in design view
    Now possible to scroll to the right when Studio is zoomed in
    Eraser size is no longer displaying incorrect size
    Space no longer appears between file tabs when opening more files than the window can display
    Resizing font no longer causes it to come out of its bounding box
    Transparent PNGs are no longer losing their transparency on import
    Cut border no longer goes off the mat if the media size is set to custom
    Printer media option now updates when you set the page size in the Printer Page Setup window
    Going into Print Page Settings and then pressing OK no longer flips the Right and Top margin value
    Print margins no longer shrink when pressing OK when Windows region formatting is set to US
    The 'Printer' media option now displays in the user's chosen units
    Added menu item and keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+J) for Simplify
    Eyedropper colors will now add to Color Palettes
    Added a preference to disable automatic Print Preview
    Print preview no longer appears at an incorrect orientation when using Curio
    Text bounding box no longer expands to much larger than the text
    Added a 'Show Panel' button to the Point Edit Quick Access Toolbar
    Height box on the Quick Access Toolbar will now display values greater than 32.808ft
    Scale and Move actions no longer trigger twice when selected from the Quick Access Toolbar
    It is no longer possible to move the right-hand reg marks beyond the cut bounds
    Added tooltip containing font name when hovering over text
    Added Japanese translation for Line Spacing
    Added translations for 'New Palette Name...'
    Increased 'Save as PNG/JPEG' max. size to 10000 pixels on longest side
    Font subheadings are now more visible in the dark theme
    Glyphs panel visibility improvements in dark theme
    It is now possible to single-click to select warped shapes
    Ctrl + Function Keys now open panels after going to to Send Screen
    Improved appearance of the Cameo 4 Pro mat display
    Cameo PixScan now appears on the mat list when Cameo Plus or Pro is the selected cutter
    Greyed out compression/repeats slider for line patterns where they have no effect
    Changing the Default outline color in Preferences now updates the Quick AccessToolbar
    Emboss/Deboss fill patterns are blue lines again
    Design area no longer overhangs cut mat on Curio when 'Constrain Mat' is ticked and orientation is portrait
    "More Colours" RGB value entry is no longer missing from gradient panel

Library

Improved stability when accessing very large libraries
    Fixed issues with specific user accounts crashing on sync
    Fixed failure to save over certain user designs in a Library
    Sign in button is enabled when pasting information into login and password box
    Default Library folders now translate when changing language
    Pasting a deleted item in the Library no longer causes a crash
    Opening a Print & Cut file from the Library will now turn on Registration Marks, if they are not already on
    You can no longer move files that aren't fonts to the fonts folder
    Delete key now sends items to the recycling bin
    Deleting a account no longer causes two confirmations to appear

Send

It is now possible to remove Bluetooth cutters from the machine list
    Unrestricted the Rotary Blade downforce
    Autoblade will no longer adjust twice when cut and cut edge are used on the same design in simple mode
    Studio now displays a dialog box to ask if the customer would like to switch to a machine that they have just plugged in
    A warning displays if SEND is pressed when no cutting mat or media have been loaded into the Cameo 4
    Changed 'Tool' to 'Carriage' when it refers to the tool holder rather than a blade
    Added Pop-Out Cut for copy paper
    Added new sticker sheet material settings
    Portrait 3 no longer shows Portrait 1 icon
    Smart Cut no longer creates unnecessary cuts for dashed lines
    Headers now extend to the full width of the Cut by Line section
    Fixed crash in Cut by Line for specific files
    Improved the "Action Not Found" readability
    Cutting mat too wide message no longer appears when Page Setup is set to Auto with Cameo detected
    The 'do not turn off your machine' message no longer refers to Cameo when updating Portrait 3
    Added the Material search bar to the Line/Fill/Layer tabs
    Weld / cut outline toggle is no longer inverted in Cut by Line / Fill / Color
    You can no longer set a Portrait 3 speed to 30
    Heat Transfer Vinyl warning message no longer appears incorrectly when sending to Portrait 3
    The 'Cut lines overlapping the cut border' dialog no longer appears with unwelded fonts
    Changed the Default feed value from 0.0mm to 100mm
    Mirror option should now mirror shapes along the vertical centreline of shapes on the cut area, rather than the centerline between all shapes
    Changed color and wording of the Load Media status to 'Ready to Load Media' to reduce user confusion
    When using no mat and landscape orientation, 'cutting mat is too wide' message no longer appears
    Blade depth wheel no longer animates upon saving a material
    Translations for Tools match the French/Spanish translations on the packaging
    Fixed Russian translations on the Send panel

Designer Edition and Above

Using View in > Hide email no longer takes you back to Design view
    Disabling the Weed Line layer in Cut by Line/Fill/Layer no longer hides the Weed lines in Design View
    It is now possible to select which Library a Barcode is saved to from the dropdown
    Updated the Barcode description to remove "Requires Cameo 3" line

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley.

Shirley is there still no fix on the Canon print and scan problems, also the print boarder always shows as portrait orientation when the mat is set as landscape?

Shirley does anyone else get a 'runtime' error box when each version of Studio V4 starts installing? I get it every time and have to click ok for it to carry on installing.
    Last edited by Neries; 09-12-2020 at 05:41 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Shirley. That's a long list of changes!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley.

Shirley is there still no fix on the Canon print and scan problems, also the print boarder always shows as portrait orientation when the mat is set as landscape?

Shirley does anyone else get a 'runtime' error box when each version of Studio V4 starts installing? I get it every time and have to click ok for it to carry on installing.
    No resolution for the scanner issue yet Neries. It does keep being mentioned in the Beta group but to no avail. It is either low on the list of priorities or they haven’t got a clue how to resolve it. I have a Canon and the print border displays correctly for me in landscape so that is odd. If you can tell me what the runtime error says exactly I’ll ask about it for you.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    No resolution for the scanner issue yet Neries. It does keep being mentioned in the Beta group but to no avail. It is either low on the list of priorities or they haven’t got a clue how to resolve it. I have a Canon and the print border displays correctly for me in landscape so that is odd. If you can tell me what the runtime error says exactly I’ll ask about it for you.
    What is the scanner issue? Is this where no scanners are shown?

I am not sure if this is well know, but its only broken in the 64bit version.... if you use the 32bit version scanners work fine.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jweaver View Post
    What is the scanner issue? Is this where no scanners are shown?

I am not sure if this is well know, but its only broken in the 64bit version.... if you use the 32bit version scanners work fine.
    It's the scanner not found issue and it doesn't affect all makes of printers but SA are aware of it and are supposedly working on a solution and yes it only started being a problem when the 64bit version of the software was released.

View Gallery

Thank you Shirley Anne for your reply dated 9th December which, for some reason, I've only just seen. What a massive update however, as you suggested, the version I'm using (V.2.279 d.e.) does everything I need with my Cameo 3 so I don't think I'll bother to update.
    Another Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Shirley strange that now the print border lines appear correctly in landscape but not on older files I re-open.

Sorry I can't remember the exact wording on the runtime error so will have to wait until I install Studio again.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley strange that now the print border lines appear correctly in landscape but not on older files I re-open.

Sorry I can't remember the exact wording on the runtime error so will have to wait until I install Studio again.
    Strange indeed Neries but I suppose that is a bit of progress !!
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 05-01-2021 at 08:17 AM.

View Gallery

I uninstalled Studio V4.4.455 because I am having printer problems. Then installed a previous version but it was still the same. After reinstalling I no longer have the 'Runtime' error but I don't have a shortcut. I have looked through app settings and clicked on repair, but shortcut still not there. In Windows 10 I can't find how to add a shortcut, but I have pinned it to my task bar.

It took me 3 days and wasted card to make a simple print and cut card with Studio and my Canon MG5750. Printing has been playing up for a while now. It starts printing then stops, I wait then for a while and then it tells me to cancel. Other times it starts printing, stops then tells me another computer is using the printer when my p.c. is the only computer connected. I was using Pro Printing card where the instructions are photo paper and high quality which I have used before. Now when I used it the registration marks printed blue and also the image I was cutting out had a black outline which printed as blue. I ended up printing using plain white card with plain paper at standard quality and still having the printer stopping part way through. So repeated it until I had two passable prints to use.

I have pulled out the USB and the power plug for the Canon printer. Deleted all the software and drivers and will try and reinstall it tomorrow.