Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    The weather has been pretty miserable here too Pertrina and I don’t think that helps with motivation at all. I started on some new designs yesterday and hope to get them cut today.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I shall be so glad to see the back of this year too as i'm sure pretty sure everyone will. I haven't made a single Christmas card, not even for the special people. I've even found it difficult to sit down with my address book and write my purchased cards. Still got a couple of letters to write so that I can post them on Monday. Everyone seems to be slipping into a sort of depression, the weather is dreary, the covid new cases and deaths are still rising, haven't seen family for months, speaking on the phone is not the same as a physical presence. I'd like to go into hibernation and not emerge until New Year! I know I have a lot to be grateful for but it's quite hard to pick out the positives at the moment - motivation is seriously lackiing and my lovely Cameo is quietly gathering dust. My new year's resolution will have to be to start designing, cutting and posting. Sorry for the rant!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    I shall be so glad to see the back of this year too as i'm sure pretty sure everyone will. I haven't made a single Christmas card, not even for the special people. I've even found it difficult to sit down with my address book and write my purchased cards. Still got a couple of letters to write so that I can post them on Monday. Everyone seems to be slipping into a sort of depression, the weather is dreary, the covid new cases and deaths are still rising, haven't seen family for months, speaking on the phone is not the same as a physical presence. I'd like to go into hibernation and not emerge until New Year! I know I have a lot to be grateful for but it's quite hard to pick out the positives at the moment - motivation is seriously lackiing and my lovely Cameo is quietly gathering dust. My new year's resolution will have to be to start designing, cutting and posting. Sorry for the rant!
    It's been going on so long it's no wonder everyone is lacking enthusiasm Sylvia. I hope it improves in the new year then we can get back to what we enjoy....crafting for one.

View Gallery

Oh Shirley Ann and Sylvia F, DJG,
    I wish I could cheer you. Life is hard with or without Covid. I wish I could make you see that I would trade places with you in a minute. I live in Upstate NY and you in the lucky UK.
    I put up a photo of me in the studio of when I was about 5, probably at my happiest. I did this at the suggestion of another Artist and it has helped a bit.
    What is the happiest song you know? Come on get up, get happy, put all your troubles away.
    I am sorry if I am a bore. I hope you will post a photo of a card you are working on as all your art is beautiful.
    Sincerely,
    Your friend
    Petrina

View Gallery

I think a lot of us are in the same boat Petrina but hopefully things will improve for all of us in the New year

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by pkcase View Post
    Oh Shirley Ann and Sylvia F, DJG,
    I wish I could cheer you. Life is hard with or without Covid. I wish I could make you see that I would trade places with you in a minute. I live in Upstate NY and you in the lucky UK.
    I put up a photo of me in the studio of when I was about 5, probably at my happiest. I did this at the suggestion of another Artist and it has helped a bit.
    What is the happiest song you know? Come on get up, get happy, put all your troubles away.
    I am sorry if I am a bore. I hope you will post a photo of a card you are working on as all your art is beautiful.
    Sincerely,
    Your friend
    Thank you for your words of encouragement Petrina, you put us to shame when it is so much worse for your country. I think it is the cold weather and dark nights that make things seem even more depressing especially as I should be in the Canary Islands on holiday right now. This is one of my cards from yesterday. Took a while to get the folds right but I am quite happy with it and it will got to a friend whose birthday is next week. Started on a few more today so maybe I am on a roll now !!
    Floral Gatefold Card.jpg

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

What a lovely card Shirley Anne, I am certain your friend will be delighted with it. All the great stuff I ordered from Graphtec arrived very quickly and I have now got as far as staring at it whilst it all glowers back at me from my crafting table. What kind of a wimp am I then? To top it all I managed to drop a container of extremely hot oil onto my kitchen floor today whilst getting ready to roast some potatoes for DH as he loves a Sunday roast, luckily not much of it went on me although my tummy is a bit red and sore because it splashed on it's way down, but it missed my feet and most ended up on my kitchen runner - too much to make a rescue possible so I have had to order two new runners; trying to get some here before Christmas took some doing though, that and getting something to go with the flooring. Hopefully they are here on Tuesday.... that will teach me to be more careful, although I am so grateful it didn't end up all over my feet or we would have ended up in A&E for the day. Ho hum. This bloomin' Cam3 comes out of hiding and back into use next week and that is a promise I'm making to myself.

Andi

View Gallery

Sounds like a lucky escape Andi. I will be glad when tomorrow is over as I have a long dentist appointment to do the prep for a crown as I broke a tooth last week. I am a real wimp when it comes to dentists !

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Andi you did have a luck escape.

I too have been struggling to finish my Christmas cards today. Hubby did not get his Sunday dinner either as just as I had my porridge this morning for some reason it did not stay down. Luckily I had a bowl handy as I had the same problem on Monday morning only that was water and a small amount of pomegranate juice, then nothing all day but water. Later this afternoon I did keep a coffee down so then made another bowl of porridge only for it to slip and end up on the floor. Gave up and eventually made and ate some this evening which has stayed put.

In between trying to print out inserts for my cards, only for my printer to play silly bee at odd times including in the middle of printing with the error message another computer was using the printer. One step forward, then 2 or 3 steps back. Thankfully finished all foiled Christmas card tonight except for insert for hubby's. The sentiment tag for his I manged to foil with my Cameo and Foil Quill this evening. Still have to make cards for grandchildren, 5 of which have to be posted. I think they will be 'pick and stick' from card kits.

View Gallery

Sorry to hear about your mishap Andi and Margaret I hope today is better for both of you. Shirley that's a beautiful card Im sure your friend will love it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    That's a lovely card Shirley, your friend will be sure to love it. Petrina you make me feel ashamed to be moping about when things are so much worse for many people. I'm pinninng my hopes on next year being so much better. I have a couple of friends whose birthdays are in January and February so I will have to come up with some ideas for them and I will post the results if they are up to scratch. Andi you have had a nasty fright and a narrow escape - could have been a lot of pain and a trip to A & E. At least you have your supplies from Graphtec even if they are looking accusingly at you, waiting to be put to use. Margaret so sorry you've been poorly and hope you'll be better soon. Hopefully everything will be better for everyone next year and perhaps by the time Easter comes and the days are longer and the weather better we will be back to some sort of normality.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Thank you for your words of encouragement Petrina, you put us to shame when it is so much worse for your country. I think it is the cold weather and dark nights that make things seem even more depressing especially as I should be in the Canary Islands on holiday right now. This is one of my cards from yesterday. Took a while to get the folds right but I am quite happy with it and it will got to a friend whose birthday is next week. Started on a few more today so maybe I am on a roll now !!
    Floral Gatefold Card.jpg
    Shirley Ann- your card is beautiful. Keep up the great works. Cannot wait to see more.
    Petrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirley Ann your card is gorgeous. A very art deco look in my favourite colours.

Thanks Doreen and Sylvia, been ok since and hope it stays that way. Not sure if it's caused by medication I started on. Managed to post quite a few cards yesterday and hopefully the rest today. I was shocked to read that Royal May deliveries in some parts are taking a week or longer to arrive.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello everyone. Hope all well and keeping safe. Have made few cards for family. Still to send cards to extended family and friends. May i wish you all A Peaceful Christmas. A Hope and Peaceful The New Year ahead. Also like to thank everyone for their patience and helping me with my Cameo 3. The card above is beautiful. Well done.
    Did not get a discount code for graftec.

View Gallery

Hope you have a good Christmas too Ruth, I see you found the discount code.