Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Remotivation or "getting my mojo back"

Hey all, hope you are all well and safe. It is a beastly day here in Norfolk, fog hasn't lifted all day and DH and I haven't been further than the end of our drive, other than to go to the the doctor's surgery, in such a long time. More to the point I haven't cut any files, or indeed designed anything, since the beginning of the year pretty much. Luckily we can both still have a laugh, and we wind each other up most of the time so 40 odd years of marriage have paid dividends and we haven't beaten each other to a pulp!! But I was really fed up today which is not like me, so I had a look in my cupboard to see what I was a bit short of and went onto the Graphtec site and made good use of the discount code to buy some new cutting mats, some adhesive spray to revitalise the ones I I have that aren't so sticky any more and some printable fabric. Now I have dared myself to get my Cam3 fired up - I've hardly used it since I bought it - and do some designing and have a look at some of the half finished stuff I have in my WIP file. If we are going to get this section of the forum going again we all need to have a few files up our sleeves that we can put out there to share the love. Mary Anne and Graphtec for the discount code which was very generous. Anyway I'm off to have a look at my Studio programme, and I feel much more cheerful now.

Stay safe everyone
    Andi

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

A miserable day here in Sheffield too Andi, so cold but at least the snow from Friday has gone. I have spent the afternoon working on some new designs and my C4 is cutting away merrily as I type this. I have a few files that I would consider sharing should the templates section get a shot in the arm. Happy crafting.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Wow! I have just had an email to say my Graphtec parcel will be arrive on Wednesday, now that is what I call good service! Thank you again Graphtec.

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi Andi it's good to hear that you are taking steps to regain your mojo! I haven't done any designing or cutting for months now but I would really like to get going again. I will take a look on the graphtec site and maybe stock up on a few essentials perhaps that will jolt me into action. The weather has been so miserable, dark and raining it's hard to think about doing anything creative.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Well done Andi on taking the first steps to getting your mojo back. I think we are all suffering a bit of a slump in our creativity at the minute with everything that is going on in the world. I need a kick up the proverbial backside to get going again. Hopefully once things settle down we can all get back to doing what we enjoy the most. I have been using my Cameo mainly to do foiling with the WRMK Quill for my special family Christmas cards but have a new computer now which may mean that the program will work a little faster, and I might be more tempted to do things.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I agree with everyone the Covid virus has got a lot of people down but it'll soon be new year (can't get into the spirit of Christmas this year) so new year new mojo fingers crossed then we can all get moving one way and another.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    Well done Andi on taking the first steps to getting your mojo back. I think we are all suffering a bit of a slump in our creativity at the minute with everything that is going on in the world. I need a kick up the proverbial backside to get going again. Hopefully once things settle down we can all get back to doing what we enjoy the most. I have been using my Cameo mainly to do foiling with the WRMK Quill for my special family Christmas cards but have a new computer now which may mean that the program will work a little faster, and I might be more tempted to do things.
    I am the same Sue, using my Cameo 3 for foiling sentiments for my cards. My mojo has gone missing and I am struggling to do them. Taking me longer than usual and making mistakes along the way.

View Gallery

Haven't even started on Christmas cards yet, still bogged down with birthdays but may finish up buying cards as I'm so lacking in motivation. I just feel that I've had too many Christmases and want it to be over so that I can start looking forward to Spring and longer days. Am I the only Bah! Humbug! individual?
    Another Shirley.

Dipping in and out! Kamilicrafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

I’m right with you! I’m not sending cards this year and can’t wait for it all to be over
    Grandmothers are just antique little girls

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Haven't even started on Christmas cards yet, still bogged down with birthdays but may finish up buying cards as I'm so lacking in motivation. I just feel that I've had too many Christmases and want it to be over so that I can start looking forward to Spring and longer days. Am I the only Bah! Humbug! individual?
    Another Shirley.
    I've made my card's and will post them today but I'll be glad when it's over too

View Gallery

I love celebrating Christmas though admit it is children which make it special with their excitement beforehand then on opening their presents. This year is going to be very flat with none on that. The first time in 52 years just me and hubby on our own for Christmas.

I have 8 special Christmas cards nearly finished. Just need their foiled sentiment tags made and added. They are causing me problems finding the right font, then matching and lining up with a cut and foil die. Another 20 smaller cards halfway there, just need putting together. Monday finished eldest grandson's 18th birthday card ready for yesterday. He walked up with his dad yesterday tea time to pick it up.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've made my cards and posted them along with some purchased ones but it did seem more of a chore than usual. We should be on holiday in the Canary Islands right now so feeling a bit fed up !!

View Gallery

I keep wanting to start my Christmas cards early but never do. Trouble is I have 5 family birthdays and 1 friends to make for November. Youngest grandson, son-in-law, and twin grandsons followed in early December by eldest grandson.

View Gallery

I am glad I am not the only one who can't get motivated for Christmas. As you have all said, this year is going to be so different. Neither of my grown up children are coming home this year for obvious reasons so it will feel very strange only being the two of us. I am used to a full house with plenty going on and chasing round getting things ready. This year there has been none of that but I am hoping that we can celebrate Christmas at Easter if things go to plan. I can't even get the motivation to put any decorations up, it hardly seems worth it just for the two of us, especially as my husband doesn't really appreciate the work that goes into the festive season.

I have made and written my cards but found it so difficult this year just to come up with ideas. Normally my special cards are all different but there was no motivation this year, so they have all got the same, which doesn't really matter as they aren't seeing each other so won't know!

View Gallery

My Mother would say: "The less you do is the less you want to do."
    It has been cold here and dreary Upstate New York- except the Sun is out today and promises to be in the 50's farenheit /10 celsius.
    I finally got my Christmas cards designed and made - thanks to inspiring messages that kept me company from UKScrappers.
    With the Covid, I do not go out often and try to keep 3 projects going at a time with my cutter/plotter Cameo.
    UKScrappers helps make the world a brighter place to be- thank you.
    Petrina