Christmas tree festival

by scrapdolly

ABC - Cream

by Crafty Barbie

December Quote challenge - First Christmas Dinner

by stillscrapping

Dolly's Dec Dare -Time to prepare

by stillscrapping

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > UKS Team and House Challenges

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 839 Posts

How the teams and Challenges work - 2021

Points Scoring for 2021

We try to keep points scoring as simple as possible for those of you who collect points. It is all about FUN. Your points won’t make prizes but hopefully they will add a bit of friendly competition and most of all inspire you to scrap and get those photos preserved and memories recorded.

There are a few ways to record your points
    · On an Excel spreadsheet
    · On a PDF
    · On your team chat
    · Or simply just written down in your own notebook

The PDF is attached here but you can download the Excel sheets from my blog HERE

Make sure your points are sent to your team leader by the 4th of each month.

Team leaders send your team’s points to Alison (Alison 2) or Sue (MiniOwner) by the 7th.
    The ‘just for fun’ league tables will be published around mid-month along with the top ten individual totals.

Points collecting individuals not in a team please contact me, Scrapdolly.

Remember – this is all for fun and inspiration.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and I will aim to answer them and also, if you are not part of a team but would like to be then visit this thread HERE.

The rules are simple. You must upload your challenge pages to the gallery to qualify for the bonus points. There is no requirement for other pages to be uploaded, points for these are awarded on trust, but we would love you to share your work. Our aim is to keep the gallery fresh and vibrant with as constantly changing source of inspiration.

Why team challenge?

It is hoped the team challenge will help stimulate your motivation to scrap and also raise community spirit on UKS. Each team has up to 10 points collecting members. At the end of the month the team with the most points is declared the winner.

How can I join a team?
    Visit this thread here and we will get you organised

You can join an established team or start your own team by posting here.Once a new team is assembled a team leader needs to be nominated. This person will start and maintain the team chat in Social Groups, collect the points and send the points spreadsheet to the group leader (Alison 2 or MiniOwner). A team can be made up of a maximum of 10 points collector and as many chat members as you wish. Please let Scrapdolly know your team name and team leader details.

Teams DO NOT have to collect points. There are some teams who just enjoy to chat.
    You can be in a chatting-only team and a points collecting team but must only submit your points to one team.

Feel free to PM me or Sue (MiniOwner) if you have any questions. Our mission is to help you have fun with your hobby.

How can I earn points?

Points can be earned in the following ways…

1. Layouts 10 points for a single layout and 20 for a double
    To be classed as a layout your page needs to be at least 6” x 6” and feature at least one photo or piece of artwork and must be fully completed. A page with a space for a photo is not considered complete.

2. Art Journals 10 points per page
    Completed pages need to be 6” x 6" or larger.

3. Minibooks 50 points per minibook
    Minibooks include paper bag books, accordion fold albums, hand bound albums, etc. defined as any mini album measuring less than 6” x 6”. Each minibook, will collect the full 50 points regardless of the number of pages it contains. These books must be embellished with all pages complete with photographs, etc. Gift mini books, left blank for the recipient to complete do not count towards points.

4. Cards 5 points per card to a monthly maximum of 10 cards

The Challenges

The following must be uploaded to the UKS gallery during the time limit of the challenge to qualify for the bonus points. For most challenges apart from the Chain Link scraplift, ABC and Shape challenges which have their own rules, you may only claim for ONE challenge page per month i.e. a maximum of 30 points for that challenge

PLEASE NOTE - no doubling up of UKS challenges. If your page fits two challenge criteria then you must pick which one - you cannot claim points for more than one challenge with one page. You can however combine a UKS challenge with challenges on other forums but we would ask the following ...
    please mention that it is also a UKS challenge when you upload in other places and please, when you upload to UKS,
    if it is a scraplift of a page by someone else or a page made using a sketch do credit the person who designed the page or sketch

1. Weekly Challenges up to 30 bonus points per week

There is a sticky thread in the Inspirations and Challenges Forum which tells you who is setting challenges and when. Volunteers for setting the weekly challenge (both individuals and teams) are always welcome; please sign up here. Digital layouts are accepted for the weekly challenge but you may not be able to meet all elements of the challenge with a digi layout.

2. Monthly Challenge 30 bonus points

You must complete and upload the challenge in the month set to claim the points.

3. Sketch Challenge 30 bonus points

If your page is chosen as the basis for the sketch you automatically earn the 30 points for that month.

4. Colour Challenge 30 bonus points

Accepting that there will be some variation in screen colours your page must show clearly you have used the prescribed colour palette.

5. Quote Challenge 30 bonus points

You must complete and upload the challenge in the month set to claim the points.

6. Dolly’s Challenge 30 bonus points

7. ABC Challenge 30 bonus points – 120 bonus points

This is a continuously running challenge and you can do up to 4 per month for a maximum of 120 bonus points. You must complete and upload one ABC challenge before you take another.

8. Chain Link Scraplift Challenge 30 bonus points – 90 bonus points

This runs continuously in three threads. Your pages should be a clear scraplift of the one in the previous post. You may only take one scraplift challenge at a time and you have 3 days to complete it and upload it and post your page in the thread. You may only have one on the go at a time and you can claim for three per month, to a maximum of 90 points.

9. Shape Challenge 30 bonus points – 90 bonus points

Another continuously running challenge where you have three days to complete it and upload it and post your page in the thread. You can complete up to three per month for a total of 90 points maximum. You must complete and upload the challenge before you take another shape challenge.

10. Twisted Scraplift 30 bonus points

11. Card Challenge 1 and Card Challenge 2 20 bonus points

You may do as many cards as you like but you can only claim the bonus points once each month.
    Please note there will be two separate card challenges running and you can do both

13. Friday 5 30 bonus points each week

You need to complete three of the 5 tasks on a layout to earn 30 bonus points. You have the whole month to complete them and upload by the end of the month

12. Snap Challenge 30 bonus points

You don't get anything for uploading your photos but if you scrap a page with one of your snap challenge photos you can earn 30 points. You can scrap as many pages as you wish with the snap challenge photos but may only claim the points once.

15. Off the Page 30 points - 90 points
    You can share up to three non-scrapbook related projects in here to claim 30 per project. Please do not post the images in the layouts gallery as they should not be layouts. These projects should not be cards or scrapbook pages/mini books etc

16. Beat the Christmas Rush 30 points
    Make and share 5 Christmas cards in the forum and claim 30 bonus points

Do I have to upload everything I do to the gallery?
    No you don’t, just those for which you are claiming bonus challenge points. However, if you more than 39 layouts a month and/or 5 mini books then please email your images to your team leader to pass on to either Alison or Sue to verify the number you are claiming.

Claiming for more than 39 layouts
    If you claim points for more than 39 layouts in a month you will need to scan or photograph all of your work and send an email to your team leader showing all of the layouts. Please do not send 40 different emails; link lots of pages together digitally so one A4 sheet may contain 30 small images for example. That way we can verify, for everyone, that the correct number of pages have been completed, that the pages are all different, not duplicates of the same page and that pages are not being reworked with only slight modifications. Please remember a double LO counts as 2 pages.

How do we know that people are submitting accurate results?
    The simple answer to this is we don’t. We are all adults & I really hope that people don’t feel it necessary to cheat. As we have said before the challenges are for FUN!!!

Do Digital pages count?
    The answer is of course! Digital layouts, both single and double, get the same points as paper pages. Digital scrappers need to accept that whilst they are welcome to take part in the weekly challenges they may not be able to claim earn all 30 bonus points for example a challenge might call for hand stitching which can’t be done digitally.

And finally …

Ladies I know you love the whole team system and it is now bigger than ever. It is part of UKS to get you chatting, making friends, competing in the nicest possible way, to get you scrapping, encourage you to try new things and share your ideas and is meant to be - above everything else – FUN

Thank you all for continuing to support the whole team system on UKS, for taking part, playing along with the challenges, reporting points and – for doing what we all do so well – for chatting and scrapping

If you have any questions about challenges, points, teams etc then feel free to private message me (I am almost always around!)
    Karen

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scrapdolly; 02-06-2021 at 09:46 PM.

2. The Following Users Like This Post

MiniOwner (07-12-2020)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 904 Posts
    Thanks Karen.
    I think Maggie has already asked about Friday 5, And I think if we scrap photos we post in SNAP challenge we get 20 points ? and do we count Project Life style pages same as regular pages ?
    Alison

SNAP 2021 BTCR 2021

View Gallery

I didn’t know the snap challenge had points . I will add that and Friday 5 yes PL count as pages

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 904 Posts
    Thanks
    We don’t claim SNAP points very often but I always think about doing a LO for it I think it was 20 points. I will try and remember to encourage people who join in SNAP to scrap their photos from the challenge
    Alison

SNAP 2021 BTCR 2021

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,555 Posts
    Hi Karen. The shape challenge. You have mentioned we only get three days to upload our layouts?? I thought it was going to be on the same basis as the ABC challenge . You choose the letter and make sure it is uploaded as soon as you do it, whenever it is, otherwise it is going to be very hard to monitor who has gone over the time limit?

View Gallery

With so many new challenges it seems prudent to have a time limit like the chain link scraplift ... So this one will run like the chain link. It should be reasonably easy to monitor. You may want to amend your first post to say it is a three day turn around. Hopefully it means people will take a shape whe. They know they have time to do a page

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,555 Posts
    I’ve emailed you Karen,

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    I’ve emailed you Karen,
    i have replied

+ Post New Thread