Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

December Daily? Interesting idea...

Hi all.

I usually watch the Gel Press and Gelli Plate channels on YouTube. Yesterday I saw a new video that looked interesting.

(if it doesn't embed the video to watch it here https://youtu.be/t_n1v4t5a08 will take you to it on YouTube)

She walks thru making large gel printed backgrounds to then cut up into cards to make a December Daily. This is part One, I expect part 2 will be coming soon. The point is, from her description, it sounds like a super easy way to do a December Daily - and if you are not into gel printing, then perhaps the ideas in part two for the album itself might be worth looking at!

I've never done one but as my son seems to be creeping ever closer to starting his own family, it feels like documenting our holiday traditions might me worth doing.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    This sounds interesting, I was contemplating a December daily this year. Must make time for a look!
    Ruth

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Part 2 is finally up! Busy with Thanksgiving but will 100% watch it later today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOtms47mY7g

I really like the idea - when I got married my MIL gave me a box filled with cards that had all my hubby's favourite family recipes on them. I am using the GARLIC ROAST TURKEY recipe today. I'd love to do similar for my son and his future wife, and a DD book full of our family traditions would go really well with that.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Sounds a lovely idea - I am doing my first December Daily for years this year

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Well I did Journal your Christmas for about 5 years haven't done anything like that for about 5 years and have decided to do a kind of December journal/Christmassey thingummy this year - with nothing going on I don't know what I will find to put in it - but I'm doing an 8x8 book, may not do eery day but trying to do something positive each day rather than dwelling on this awful situation we are all in x I might even get my Gelli plate out x

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I was thinking about doing one this year. Just recording about changes to our daily routines would be worthwhile..and let’s face it, I actually have time this year!

Chocolate - here today... gone today! mmmbisto's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I plan on doing a December Daily this year. I did the #DoneByDecember on social media and I have been doing a livestream each week and managed to get the album's pretty much done so I was pleased I did that for both 2018 and 2019. Fingers crossed I can do a bit each week, otherwise I always keep notes and have a Google docs file that I use for my planning so if I have to come back to it at a later date, I can

Definitely having those memories from a December in our lives is an absolute treasure and I love getting them out each year.
    Last edited by mmmbisto; 02-12-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I have started mine. It’s half way made then I will be able to record my days in it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Mine is well under way ... I always make it a page at a time as I go then bind it. I have done the cover, the introduction, and Day 1 and 2

I never follow prompts any more ... done them to death .l. I just record each day

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer tigerlady's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I am not making an album just hoping to do a daily diary for December recording the strange times we are going through and how Christmas is celebrated this year.

Team Leader of Scrappycats My blog

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Ive decided afterall just to do as many layouts about December as I can. Following a prompt on a Facebook group. x