Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't sell but would be willing to contribute file's now an again if anyone is interested. Challenges aren't really my thing but others might appreciate them.
    Last edited by DJG; 28-11-2020 at 08:42 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would also be willing to donate free cutting files now and again.
    Petrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks MaryAnne for the update. Great that Graphtec are continuing supporting the forum. I agree with what all the the other members have posted.

Can I suggestion with the 'Look What I have Made' has the '(Free Files only)' dropped. Members can post photos of anything as long as it involved using a Silhouette machine. Also a section for 'hints and tips members have found useful with their machines. Maybe combine it with asking for help. To get members posting could the rules in Chat be relaxed and you are ok as long as posting includes something about Silhouette machine, software, or what you are making.

UKS Sponsor - Banner Ad Sponsor -
    - UKS Sponsor -

View Gallery

We are really excited to be supporting UKS again for 2021 and have built this new account especially

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SilhouetteUK View Post
    We are really excited to be supporting UKS again for 2021 and have built this new account especially
    Thank you

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks MaryAnne for the update. Great that Graphtec are continuing supporting the forum. I agree with what all the the other members have posted.

Can I suggestion with the 'Look What I have Made' has the '(Free Files only)' dropped. Members can post photos of anything as long as it involved using a Silhouette machine. Also a section for 'hints and tips members have found useful with their machines. Maybe combine it with asking for help. To get members posting could the rules in Chat be relaxed and you are ok as long as posting includes something about Silhouette machine, software, or what you are making.
    All things worth discussing. Not all the changes will happen before the new year, but we are def. looking forward. Make sure you check out the post with the coupon code!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    It would be great to have the templates section revitalised and I would be very happy to contribute to that. The tutorials section was also so useful and as the machines have more capabillities now perhaps this section could also be revitalised with some up to date tutorialsfor the newer machines. Just a thought ..
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Just out of interest - it used to be that anything you created with SIL software became the property of SIL - is this still the case please?

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by yiayia View Post
    Just out of interest - it used to be that anything you created with SIL software became the property of SIL - is this still the case please?
    That sounds pretty unlikely - do you have a link to where it said that in the past? Otherwise I would say we need to hear that from some official source!

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Oh 'eck MaryAnne - now you're asking. It was from a long time ago - I seem to recall that it was around the time when things went from ROBO software to SIL software. I will look into it over the next few days and get back to you. Hopefully I am totally wrong!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I seem to remember a long time ago Silhouette America were asking people to remove Studio file's they'd created from their websites because they own the copyright to the .studio format I don't know if that's changed

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I agree, I remember reading that somewhere years ago and again recently but I can't remember where on earth it was now I am afraid. I know if I create anything I don't store it within the program but on my hard drive and also on at least 2 external hard drives as well, in case of mishaps!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

It’s under Help> License Agreement in the Silhouette Studio software - “Files in STUDIO format created with the Software may not be resold without express written consent from Silhouette America." Apparently it’s because as the studio format is associated with the Silhouette brand they don't want to be associated with files that are being SOLD which have not been approved and guaranteed by them from a quality point of view. Doesn’t say files can’t be given away for free.

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

AHA! I knew there was something like that. Looks like that answers the question then.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Does having the Business Edition enabling files to be saved as a svg get around this? I know to save as a svg in Studio it has to be completely your own work.