Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

2021 and beyond.

Hi all

Having chatted with Graphtec, they will sponsor UKS and this special sub forum for next year.

In order to make this a place that is THE place to come for Silhouette/Cameo help and info, tell me what you want/need and we’ll see what we can do!

Graphtec has said they will offer a discount code (hoping to get that soon) so that will be helpful to all I’m sure!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    This is really good news MaryAnne. I hope people will come forward with suggestions as to what they would like e.g how to use all the features of the software, renewed interest in the Templates section of the forum etc.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

MaryAnne your post makes me very happy - both for your sake and for ours. Having worked on a website in the past I know just how much time and effort is needed to make it succeed and be popular, and there are lots of us who detest and avoid social media and the intrusiveness and lack of empathy that it breeds. I'm not sure how much is down to you - you cannot control the members who join because they have a problem they want help with and, having received our suggestions, disappear without even saying if the suggestions helped and certainly no word of thanks (which costs nothing). I'm an "old girl" now and my outlook is probably a bit old fashioned; I used to love the camaraderie we enjoyed on here but time seems to limit everything these days and you cannot do anything to supply that for us. Thank you for all you do, it is much appreciated and some of us still check the site every day and will continue to do so whilst it is here for us to visit. Thanks also to Graphtec, from whom I have received a lot of help with issues in the past, and let's hope that the site numbers pick up again, after all Christmas will see quite a few machines tucked under Christmas trees and anxious owners who will find loads of new problems to tax us all.

Best wishes
    Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Yes, cut files seem to be popular right now so renewing interest in the templates would be good

I have a silhouette portrait that gets used very occasionally. I’m not very technical and never seem to have time to explore it properly so I only use it for basic things

I must try and check here for information and inspiration
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have a cameo dont use it as often as i should but now i have somewhere that i can put my laptop and connect it with the cameo hopefully i will start using it more even if it is only for page titles. Help with designing cut files would be a big help.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    That's really good news about Graphtec. They used to have a code some time ago so i'm sure people will be encouraged by that. I agree with everything said by the others I just hope when people come to ask a question they stay with us

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    MaryAnne your post makes me very happy - both for your sake and for ours. Having worked on a website in the past I know just how much time and effort is needed to make it succeed and be popular, and there are lots of us who detest and avoid social media and the intrusiveness and lack of empathy that it breeds. I'm not sure how much is down to you - you cannot control the members who join because they have a problem they want help with and, having received our suggestions, disappear without even saying if the suggestions helped and certainly no word of thanks (which costs nothing). I'm an "old girl" now and my outlook is probably a bit old fashioned; I used to love the camaraderie we enjoyed on here but time seems to limit everything these days and you cannot do anything to supply that for us. Thank you for all you do, it is much appreciated and some of us still check the site every day and will continue to do so whilst it is here for us to visit. Thanks also to Graphtec, from whom I have received a lot of help with issues in the past, and let's hope that the site numbers pick up again, after all Christmas will see quite a few machines tucked under Christmas trees and anxious owners who will find loads of new problems to tax us all.

Best wishes
    Andi
    I wholeheartedly agreewith every word you say Andi. It's so rude to ask for help and disappear and some people have done it more tha once! Yes it would be nice to have some interest in the templates section again. I stopped posting my templates quite a while back because of a lack of interest and haven't done any designing for quite a while. If I can find my mojo I would love to start posting them again. It is such good news that Graphtec are going to sponsor the site for 2021. I had such a lot help from the patient experts on this site when I had my first craft robo and had so much to learn. I still remember the sense of achievement I felt when I posted my first attempt at a template.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

I second everything that's been said above. I think the problem is a generation one. I'm guessing that most of the regulars on here are of retirement age and far too sensible to expose themselves to social media other than for family reasons. And I guess I'm just a GOW (grumpy old woman) but I think that some of the people who live their lives through social media lack courtesy and respect. I guess that so much time is spent checking things out that they don't have time to say 'Thank you'.
    Another Shirley.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you MaryAnne and thank you Graphtec. It's so nice to know that us old fashioned people with a sense of respect and friendship are being supported. Like the others have said, I am not really keen on exposing my life on social media and only use it when there is no alternative. I much prefer the group here where we support each other and freely share our advice when asked for it. Also, having Graphtec keep an eye on us with their support is very much appreciated. We all get a problem with things now and again, very often being down to user error and it's nice to find the help needed here.

View Gallery

All lovely, but what NEW things here would be helpful?

I am out of touch, as I may have mentioned as my old Craft Robo pro went to that great machine graveyard in the sky a while ago.

What about the files library? It could probably use a re-vamp and I think we should consider what will make you all happy moving forward!

Or anything else - like the Limited Sponsor program we had where people could pay a small yearly fee and link to a selling place for their designed templates. Is that worth doing again?

Speaking with Graphtec, things like instructional videos were mentioned, and some other stuff, so I really think this could become a much more useful space, for more than just help sorting out software issues Think outside the box. What have you seen elsewhere that you think would help you out if we had similar here?

This can absolutely be pie-in-the-sky! Any suggestions will be discussed and explored. Swing for the fences....

Apologies for the baseball metaphor... don't think it applies to rounders LOL!

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    is there a cricut or svg help forum? i mean there might already be, but i mean the new type cricuts that work with svgs, not the cartridge sort. Just an idea. Ignore me if there already is one.

or what about a gallery or existing challenge, it doesnt need to be a new one, and once a month you can vote for your favourite layout or whatever? This might be a nightmare, I dont know, but similar to we used to do for the monthly challenge, It might get people browsing the gallery again maybe?

View Gallery

Challenges/votes: I think once we can tempt old time users back or get more new users that come for help and STAY, that is a great idea.

BUT The Cricut issue is different. This forum is paid for by Graphtec and is for support of their products and machines. While we have always been a helpful place for people with other machines, and discussions of other machines has never been prohibited, dedicating sub-forums or galleries to other products WITHIN this dedicated space is not OK.

Very OK to post a thread in the General Scrapping section or in Community out in the wider UKS world

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    ok all understood MaryAnne, sorry.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think if we could revitalise the Templates/Files section that might encourage more people as everyone loves a freebie. I am happy to start contributing again if there is enough interest. Not sure about the Limited Sponsor program - depends on how many people sell designs. I did used to be part of it previously but now sell though a Craft site and as things are with the forum at the moment I doubt if I would get any benefit. Challenges etc sounds good if people are willing to participate. I see that this thread has had 120 views but only 12 replies so it might be an uphill struggle !!

View Gallery

Great news. Thank you for sharing. I like everything about UKScrappers so I am happy with anything you want to do.
    Petrina