At the risk of upsetting someone/anyone and that truly isn't my intention I am simply curious, can someone tell me whatever happened to the old Community Chat? For years it was a place that had different sections with varying subjects and where people went to ask questions about a variety of subjects not to do with scrapbooking. Then it went quiet and now is just a daily chat. I don't join in anymore simply because I don't see the point. I chat on the Snap challenge thread, LOTS of chat going on there and we all discuss our days and life etc..., there is the card challenge and on the occasion I've checked I notice there is some chat on the group threads. It seems Community Chat has become a place to just say the same things as we do on all the other threads, so I don't bother going on there.

I would love to see the old Community Chat back: remember the other section where if you wanted help with a charity coffee morning or had a personal problem you could discuss it, was it something like Difficult Topics and was only kept on for a short time? That was very useful in my opinion although I can see why it was cut as it wasn't used that often - or was it and it just got cut!

I can see how CC might be useful for newbies if they just want to see who we are and how we get along and it might encourage them to join in but I would love to see the old CC back again. I can see how CC as it stands now is important if you aren't in a group or posting on one of the threads but just sad to see how it has changed. Does anyone else remember the old CC?

Another reason people might think we are cliquey is when you go into the gallery posts as an example and see someone has left a comment but used that person's name but it isn't their username (or whatever it is called) then it sounds as though we all know each other very personally. I'm only speaking from personal experience here but I used to feel left out and didn't want to write that person's name in the comment because it felt cheeky because I didn't know them. Does that sound silly, sorry if it does but I can still feel a bit like that after 11 years on here. That is why the moment I notice a newbie signing in I always try to reply and just welcome them so they know we are happy to see them joining and give as much help as they feel they need. I can remember the lurking days very well, too frightened to join in because everyone seemed to know each other so well.

Sorry Karen, I think I've taken this thread away from what you intended. As for the points, I think what you've suggested is great, I'm not interested in points but on the odd occasion I do complete a challenge always thinks it's a shame I can't donate my points earned to a team or whatever that wants them - waste not, want not. I'll be absolutely truthful, I don't get the points system at all and I'm not being rude, I would be grateful if someone could explain the reason for points because I don't understand the point of it all, at all. Again, I am just curious and all I can say is if people enjoy the points system then great and I would like to be able to donate my points, not that it would happen often sadly. Maybe the point system was more relevant when the site was bigger and had more active members.

Both on this thread and the other discussing the future of UKS, I'd like to say I am just extremely grateful that it still exists, it is my other family and I think you Karen and of course MaryAnne and Sue and those behind the scenes do an amazing job and I really have no idea how much work is involved. Lovely to see others offering to take over challenges and make life a tad easier for you all. I am simply happy to go with the flow so long as UKS keeps on going.