Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

Points Proposal 2021

Proposal for Points 2021

I have been giving his some thought and taking on board the many helpful comments that have been shared over the past week. I have a suggestion – and please, it is just that … a suggestion.

Newbies and less frequent scrappers and people who are not in teams can feel that they are very isolated and that things are very cliquey so I have an idea for points collecting in 2021 (and it looks like there will be a lot more challenges to play along with)

I suggest we keep the existing teams exactly as they are as many are long established, chat every day and people have become good friends, but I suggest they are chat and friend teams.

I would post a sign up list for people who wanted to scrap and collect points – all people, new and old, team members and non-team members, people who scrap 50 pages a month or who struggle to scrap 5 pages – and I would shout this out on facebook etc and would ask other members to shout it out in their groups too so we hopefully drive more people to the forum. People would have until mid December to sign up and then I would allocate everyone to points groups – not teams … let’s keep away from that word to not confuse – and that would be their group for points. The group numbers and size will depend on how many people sign up. Each group would then sort out a leader to collate it all and send in the points to me once a month. They would have chat threads, would encourage each other (whilst still being in their own teams as well of course) it would mean newbies felt included, regular members (I used old at first and that sounded awful) could guide, encourage etc and I could balance it to spread prolific scrappers and experienced UKS members around the groups so it was fair. People who joined after the ‘event’ started could be allocated to a group (I would just try and keep them as even as possible from a numbers perspective). They could come up with their own names, logos (a bit like the old cyber crops) etc. I know I made many new friends in cyber crop groups over the years and it worked just like this. It could run for 3 months or – better I think – for 6 months and then we could either run with it the same or after 6 months completely rejig them all again.

The aim of this is so that people get to chat to more people, get shown around by someone more experienced, get to know others, get encouraged etc but we still keep our existing teams in tact and protected as they are so important to the people in them.

So what do people think? It is just an idea for the reasons stated. But I think it is a way of getting the word out that we are fun and vibrant and please come and join. It might drive people to the boards and encourage less experienced and more reticent members.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Sounds good Karen. Dont forget people whether they are prolific scrappers in a team or not are more than welcome to join in my (well I'm the one who starts it mostly) daily chat in the Community Chat forum.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Sandra that's so important too - I must pop in more. We can direct people to that as it is a really good starting point

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (37)
    Sounds like a good idea. x
    Kim

Christmas Stocking Swap 2022

scrapping in the sun (or snow) Maria in France's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    sounds fantastic to me. I dont want to change my crafting chatting friends but my teammates no longer scrap. Ive been very off and on myself in this year - difficult to scrap when you dont do anything or go anywhere.

Anyway, my old teamies remain my friends and always will i hope, but Id welcome some scrapmates too.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Maria in France View Post
    sounds fantastic to me. I dont want to change my crafting chatting friends but my teammates no longer scrap. Ive been very off and on myself in this year - difficult to scrap when you dont do anything or go anywhere.

Anyway, my old teamies remain my friends and always will i hope, but Id welcome some scrapmates too.
    I love the idea of calling them scrap mates - yes it's been a hard year this year for everyone hasn't it

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Sounds like a plan, I would HATE to split from my team but I do have friends in other teams too, perhaps from the houses, I can't remember. So we'd have a social group, a points group and the House and daily chat if we like too.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

I think mixing us around, but still being with the friends we've already made is great. There are a lot of people on here that I don't really know where to find them or know them enough to chat to.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thrifty crafter has said exactly what I think I too.

View Gallery

It's sounding like a positive way forward meaning we can all keep our friends and teams as we have now but will also meet new people, include shyer people and newer people and people not in teams and to me it is a win win all the way round.

I will leave it another 24 hours and unless there are any major objections I will start a sign up thread.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    Thrifty crafter has said exactly what I think I too.
    Does that mean you wouldn't be collecting points for Scrap Happy?
    Member of Scrap That

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Personally I would not want to be allocated to a new points collecting group, I scrap the challenges and collect points for my team.
    Member of Scrap That

View Gallery

Susie I can't answer the questions re Community chat I am afraid but maybe MaryAnne can

Maggie I think that is what Elaine meant - she was liking the new idea to mix things up a bit

If we went with the new idea - and it seems people like it - then existing teams would be chatting friends teams and not collect points - its all about including people less confident and newer and not making it so isolating
    Last edited by scrapdolly; 22-11-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's okay Karen, I am just curious. I think it came about after a big re-shuffle but I do remember spending a lot of time on there previously and then it went quiet for ages until Sandra or someone started it moving again.