Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Software update Version 4.4.281

The Silhouette release software was updated on 3rd November apparently. I haven't used my machines for a while, and fired my Cam3 up today then decided to check what the latest issue was, only to find that it had changed since I last did any serious cutting. The update is here: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software. I don't get involved in the beta versions, preferring the stable (I use the word with caution) versions to the more volatile ones still in test mode... but I do thank those who offer to test the beta versions since they are the ones who have to pull their hair out and let Silhouette know the glitches. Doreen is normally the first one on here to let us know updates are ready, and I don't think she has done it, so I hope you are okay Doreen. If it has already been mentioned then I apologise for the repetition. Hope you are all well and life is as good as it can be in these strange times.

Stay safe all
    Andi

View Gallery

Hi Andi. I've not done much crafting this year for various reasons and am still using V.4.2.279 on my Cameo 3. When I looked at later versions they only seemed to refer to the Cameo 4 so I didn't bother to update. My only problem is that more than half my files are only available in V.3 because I changed my email address just prior to downloading V.4 so it is only the basic files plus those I have bought or created since then that are available in V.4. I contacted Silhouette America and they said that I would need a prearranged appointment in which they would have to take control of my computer in order to sort out the problem but I was unwell at the time and couldn't deal with it. And now I think I've reached the age where technological problems are just too much trouble and I can't be bothered. Technology companies are really only interested in pushing forward and creating new products to keep the money flowing but I'm not in the market for anything new.
    Apart from that, this Forum seems to be dying, I guess everyone has gone over to Facebook, something I refuse to do. It makes me sad as i have found it so useful over the years but as I'm not in the market for new machines and software I guess it won't be a major problem. Progress has moved on and seemingly left me behind.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I still have the original Cameo I have't bought any of the others. Having said that I haven't used it for a while and my Curio would be gathering dust if it wasn't covered up but I still update the software when it's updated on the website

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you Andi, I have beta tested this version without any problems but missed that they had put it out as a full release. The main changes are to give support to the new Cameo Pro which I’m guessing no one on here has so really not necessary to update if you don’t want to. I’m now about to test a closed beta version 4.4.447 which has quite a few fixes but no new features.

I agree with you Shirley about the forum dying, the thing is most posts get viewed quite a few times but people just don’t seem to want to interact so I guess the chances of Graphtec wanting to continue to spend money to sponsor the forum get less as the months go by. I would be sad to see it go.

View Gallery

Hello folks. I'm glad to get some replies! I do so agree that things have moved away from this forum - people seem to think that forums are so yesterday and many prefer to just view/respond via their mobile apps, yes it is a great shame that this once thriving group has dwindled away to just a handful of stalwarts, plus the occasional visitor who just needs help with something and then disappears again. You are right that Graphtec may well decide the visitor numbers don't merit continuing their sponsorship which would be such a shame. This forum has been so helpful to me over the years since I got my first CraftRobo and took the tentative steps into learning how to cut and to design. I did see that the update was really geared to the Cam4 but updated anyway because I have always been advised to keep all software up to date to safeguard against the possibility of someone exploiting weaknesses in the system. I saw on the SA site that there are some firmware updates too - including the Cam3 and the Curio so I shall go and get those as well.

Take care all
    Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hello all. I too haven't used my cameo for quite a while. Somehow in these strange times I seem to have lost the will to do any crafting at all but I will download the updates mentioned above and thank you Andi for the link. I agree that the forum is in the doldrums, it doesn't seem to have been the same since Lucille sadly passed away. I'm sure she would be sad to see it in its present sorry state. I don't care for the facebook forum at all and very rarely read any of the posts but I always visit this forum at least once a day even though it is very quiet. Maybe when this wretched virus subsides and some sort of normality returns I will recover my crafting mojo. I would be so sorry if this forum was lost. Thanks to Doreen and Shirley for their constant support and to all those who take the trouble to post. I hope that you are all covid free and staying safe.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

I visit several times every day and agree with Shirley Anne about Graphtec might want to withdraw their sponsorship although it would be sad to see the forum go. I also agree with Andi about members coming for help then vanishing again you never know when something they've come across could help someone else. You're right about the forum dwindling away now Lucille is no longer with us Sylvia. Do you know when the Curio update was released Andi I did one soon after I got it but haven't noticed one since.

View Gallery

Doreen, the release notes say the Curio firmware has been available since 2nd January 2020. It is version 1.30.0 and it says it enables proper use of the 2mm craft blade in the Curio. All the latest firmware updates for the various models are here: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/firmware

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Doreen, the release notes say the Curio firmware has been available since 2nd January 2020. It is version 1.30.0 and it says it enables proper use of the 2mm craft blade in the Curio. All the latest firmware updates for the various models are here: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/firmware

Andi
    Thank you Andie looks like I need to do that even though I haven't used my Curio for a long time

View Gallery

I totally agree with everyone about the forum dwindling away to almost nothing. It's a great pity as it used to be such a vibrant place to be. As you have all said, people just come here after searching for a problem solver and then disappear. Unfortunately that seems to be the problem with an awful lot of forums nowadays. Facebook and other media platforms have an awful lot to answer for. I still come here at least once a day but have noticed that posts in general are going down and down. One day this week there were only twelve posts in a 24 hour period.

Many thanks for the update on the software Andi. I still use my Cameo 2 pretty regularly, but I will admit that I don't use it as much as I used to. It seems that with they newer machines, they do so much more but the basics seem to be of minor importance now. Everyone wants an all singing, all dancing machine but don't want to learn the rudiments of things first. I suppose that's a reflection on modern society.

I will get off of my soapbox now and melt back into the woodwork seeing as I am a grumpy old fashioned person who respects some of the older traditions of a past life!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    I totally agree with everyone about the forum dwindling away to almost nothing. It's a great pity as it used to be such a vibrant place to be. As you have all said, people just come here after searching for a problem solver and then disappear. Unfortunately that seems to be the problem with an awful lot of forums nowadays. Facebook and other media platforms have an awful lot to answer for. I still come here at least once a day but have noticed that posts in general are going down and down. One day this week there were only twelve posts in a 24 hour period.

Many thanks for the update on the software Andi. I still use my Cameo 2 pretty regularly, but I will admit that I don't use it as much as I used to. It seems that with they newer machines, they do so much more but the basics seem to be of minor importance now. Everyone wants an all singing, all dancing machine but don't want to learn the rudiments of things first. I suppose that's a reflection on modern society.

I will get off of my soapbox now and melt back into the woodwork seeing as I am a grumpy old fashioned person who respects some of the older traditions of a past life!
    I must be too Sue because I totally agree with you

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Me, too Sue and Doreen!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    Me, too Sue and Doreen!
    Me as well !!

View Gallery

I too have found this site so helpful and inspiring. I dont do the facebook thing either.

I was a member of the daisy trail site and that folded. I loved it, all the digi crafting most of which i could transfer and cut out on my portrait. The group there all went over to flickr and stayed together.

So sad if this goes too
    Maureen

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Graphtec is sponsoring for 2021 and hopes to take a renewed interest in the forum. They will start by offering a discount code.

This might be a good time to have a look at what you want moving forward. I’ll start a thread and you can all have your say!