Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevking View Post
    I have some ideas bubbling for new challenges as do a few of my team..would you prefer one email from the team leader or individual ones?
    Margo, I think you made a really good point about not meaning to come across as critical..no one would ever want to criticise people intentionally. We are all volunteers after all and there are far more important things going on in the world right now and this forum is a great place to come and forget about your troubles. Long may that continue.
    It is great to see so many people invested into this site.
    Elaine I am happy either for individual pms or for a coordinated pm from a team leader. Could you send them to both Sue and I as we work closely together and will be able to coordinate all of the exciting new challenges for 2021. I would suggest as soon as possible as we have really only got a month left of 2020 .. and won’t we all be glad to see this year go and hopefully an easier year ahead.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I think the idea of newbies joining existing teams is good
    Glad you feel more positive Sue you have so many threads to post then life gets in the way
    Maybe a team can take on chainlink in turn ???
    Will ask in scrappy cats ??
    When the points are published each month the list of individual how about something dont know what with tbe person above /below on the leader board for extra points next month as that would change each time and get new interactions
    Yes agree with off the page and I never taken part with the colouring in the days but thats just me
    Did we have a sudden increase this year in tbe number of challenges we have ?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    One thing I keep meaning to mention is..is there any way to extend the size of the galleries for individuals? it is very irksome to have to keep deleting favourite layouts to make room for new ones. Some of my layouts from just last month have had to be deleted to make room for mine. I know a lot of that problem is due to the fact I scrap as much as I do but I enjoy it, so why not? With less people on here at present I hoped we could all have a bit more space for loading our layouts.

Whilst I hear what you are saying about ‘other crafts’ we could still have the focus on scrapping but have another section for, say, art journaling, etc. Keep it to paper crafts by all means but I think a broader spectrum would be welcomed and may encourage more people..which is what we all want.
    I wonder if increased gallery space is possible as we have fewer people posting Mary Anne? I earmark all the pages for the sketch challenge in January and have more than once come to post the challenge and found the page is no longer in the gallery.

Yes expanding our remit but restricting to papercrafting seems a very fair compromise.

View Gallery

I think we crossed there Sue. I’m glad your ruffled feathers have been smoothed.. no one wants a ‘ruffled Sue’
    Yep here's a selfie I took earlier

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bramblepie View Post
    Did we have a sudden increase this year in the number of challenges we have ?
    Yes there are more than usual as ABC and Chainlink would normally have been replaced with the newer ones but I was asked to leave them running

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Love the selfie Sue!
    I confess I love your Friday 5 and I’m always snuffling around looking for it.... Perhaps I too should get a life! I do perfectly understand that life gets in the way though.
    What happened to the Bijoux Belles Sue? It seems as though they all stopped coming in and posting at the same time like it was a joint decision? It is such a shame I loved seeing Lindschick and Butterbees etc layouts, along with your own.
    If there is the demand, I am prepared to take on the Simple Recipes challenge on a monthly basis although if a sponsor wants to take it on, then so much the better. If not, I can do a PDF each month and upload it with a sample layout. People could make it using their own supplies as before?
    I am Sure we will get the email off ASAP then Karen.
    Last edited by elainevking; 21-11-2020 at 11:58 PM.

View Gallery

Love the selfie Sue!
    I confess I love your Friday 5 and I’m always snuffling around looking for it.... Perhaps I too should get a life! I do perfectly understand that life gets in the way though.
    What happened to the Bijoux Belles Sue? It seems as though they all stopped coming in and posting at the same time like it was a joint decision? It is such a shame I loved seeing Lindschick and Butterbees etc layouts, along with your own.
    I am Sure we will get the email off ASAP then Karen.
    Not many of us still scrapping TBH Elaine. Not a joint decision, it did happen gradually. We are still good friends and chat every day. I did say to Karen a few days ago that I have it in mind to start a new scrapping team.

View Gallery

That would be awesome. What a shame so many have stopped. I wonder if it would be worth putting an appeal out on the UKS FB page for new members?

View Gallery

That would be awesome. What a shame so many have stopped. I wonder if it would be worth putting an appeal out on the UKS FB page for new members?
    I need to talk to Mary Anne about the UKS FB page - it needs to be set up as a group rather than in its present form. I'd like to use it as a signpost to challenges, etc in this forum - so we have a FB presence but people have to come here to access info if that makes sense?

View Gallery

That makes sense. I’m very happy to be an admin on there as I use FB a lot and will be able to share challenges, examples of work etc. As long as the member agrees to that of course.

I’ve woken up with a certain amount of clarity this morning and whilst I may be dealing with some personal family issues I will need some normality and am happy to take this one and a monthly challenge but I think doing anything weekly would be too much for me at this time but I can see me always being on FB each day so that wouldn’t be too much.
    Last edited by elainevking; 22-11-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Im happy for you to be a moderator on the FB group Elaine. If you need any help happy to help im always on FB and when my mojo returns can share my O's on their too. I do think the FB page should be used to direct scrappers to the forum.

Chinese whisper LO swap

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly View Post
    Some brilliant observations and ideas and very positive
    My thoughts exactly.

What comes thru loud and clear is that there is still a very passionate core group on UKS that wants it to carry on. Not only carry on, but thrive again. Let's hope we can take some of the ideas here and move them forward!

View Gallery

I think we crossed there Sue. I’m glad your ruffled feathers have been smoothed.. no one wants a ‘ruffled Sue’

One thing I keep meaning to mention is..is there any way to extend the size of the galleries for individuals? it is very irksome to have to keep deleting favourite layouts to make room for new ones. Some of my layouts from just last month have had to be deleted to make room for mine. I know a lot of that problem is due to the fact I scrap as much as I do but I enjoy it, so why not? With less people on here at present I hoped we could all have a bit more space for loading our layouts.

Whilst I hear what you are saying about ‘other crafts’ we could still have the focus on scrapping but have another section for, say, art journaling, etc. Keep it to paper crafts by all means but I think a broader spectrum would be welcomed and may encourage more people..which is what we all want.
    I think at some point I will need to delete galleries from old members to make space - the hosting is dependent on the size of the storage needed. Paying to store galleries from people who no longer use UKS at the expense of the people who do needing to cull current work is not fair. Photopost is the thing I know the least about. There are ways to set parameters and do an auto-cull based on date or last visit or some other options but I have always been hesitant for fear of getting it wrong and deleting something that should be kept. I will try to look at that again and see if I can sort out a way to do it that won't remove stuff we really want - for example, I think a raw by-date cull might remove cybercrop class pages or things like that. It might be better to look at users with huge galleries that we KNOW no longer use UKS and start with deleting user by user. Then it is very easy to increase the storage for members.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MiniOwner View Post
    I need to talk to Mary Anne about the UKS FB page - it needs to be set up as a group rather than in its present form. I'd like to use it as a signpost to challenges, etc in this forum - so we have a FB presence but people have to come here to access info if that makes sense?
    I go on FB very very irregularly and usually only on one or two private groups (knitting, mostly) that are only there. I am totally on board with anyone who knows and loves FB sorting it out. Really happy to not have to ever think abut it....

View Gallery

I will have to see if we can compile a list of solid offers of help, challenge setters and the like, so we can assess what UKS in 2021 will look like. What might be helpful is a new discussion more about the layout. Things like old social groups that I need to delete, so "new posts" from 2014 are not showing up LOL! I started deleting groups a year or more ago, removed a ton of inactive ones, then my health (which waxes and wanes) got worse and I dropped it. That needs addressing again.

As to the teams, I need to talk thru some of the ideas mentioned here with Karen and come up with a short-list of things that might be do-able to present for comment. Some ideas might be divisive - breaking up teams every January sounds good in some ways but teams who have been together for YEARS may not want that!

I also don't want a repeat of the situation where the tech guy said Social Groups are the way forward, you really have to do this for the future of UKS and then it became the single most referenced thing as what "killed" UKS.

edited to add:

Huh. I did better than I thought LOL!

groups.jpg

I will be deleting all of these unless I hear a strong reason not to.....