Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with Sending own backgrounds to library.

Good evening everyone. I use to be able to drag and drop my own backgrounds to Patterns library.
    Just cannot remember how i did it.looked on youtube but, too complicated. As you all know that lost all my user files.
    Have got over it. But not been able bring my own backgrounds means i can only use silhouette america patterns.I prefer my own with my cameo 3. Use to be able to drag and drop patterns into the patterns library in cameo 2. Hope someone can point me in the right direction please.I am still learning with the cameo 3 and enjoying it.Thanks in advance.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I’m not at my PC at the moment Ruth but you should be able to drag your patterns in to the library - click on the Library tab and expand the Patterns folder then navigate to where you have saved your pattern on your PC then drag and drop the file into the Patterns preview pane.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good evening everyone. Thanks Shirley Anne, I tried that it went into the main page of studio, I use to drag and drop and it worked. So don't understand.Watched a few videos. Still it wont work.

View Gallery

Not sure if this would work, but if you can open the backgrounds in Silhouette Studio could you not then save to your library selecting the pattern folder? As I said I don’t know if this is feasible I may have a try tomorrow.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't keep any backing papers I've made in the library but I've just tried one and it worked fine. I opened the pattern section in the library opened the folder with a backing paper in it (it was in my documents) had both my documents and Studio opened slide by side each taking up half the screen and dragged the backing paper into the library....I'm using V4.4.259

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Good evening everyone. Thanks Shirley Anne, I tried that it went into the main page of studio, I use to drag and drop and it worked. So don't understand.Watched a few videos. Still it wont work.
    Don't go in to main page Ruth, open the Library and click on Patterns to expand it so the patterns show in the preview pane then do as Doreen says - open the folder where your pattern is so that you can see both Studio and your folder side by side then drag the file in to the preview pane of the Library.

Patterns.jpg

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, Shirley Anne and Eileen. I away to try this out. I am using Studio version 4.3.370. If i use the latest version of software it wont download my files from the Design Store. Silhouette america said is working the issue.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well i tried but it did not work. I use to do it with my cameo 2 and it worked, I don't know why it is not working with cameo 3. I am grateful for your help.
    Thanks.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Well i tried but it did not work. I use to do it with my cameo 2 and it worked, I don't know why it is not working with cameo 3. I am grateful for your help.
    Thanks.
    Ruth I am not sure if having Studio recognising a Cameo 2 or 3 makes any difference, but if you do you still have your Cameo 2 connect it up so that Studio recognises it then try again dragging and dropping.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Neries i am using cameo 3. I'm not using my cameo 2.
    I just don't understand it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Neries i am using cameo 3. I'm not using my cameo 2.
    I just don't understand it.
    Ruth I know you are not using your Cameo 2 but now your Cameo 3. You said it did worked with your Cameo 2 so my suggestions was if it was possible connect your Cameo 2 and still see if you can still drag and drop your own patterns in. It's a process of elimination, if you could then the Cameo 3 somehow would be at fault, but if you could not then it narrows it down to the Studio software somehow causing the problem.

Another thought is when you went back to Studio V4.3.370 did you do a clean uninstall, reboot your computer then reinstall Studio? Doing that has helped me with software problems in the past.

View Gallery

Ruth it works OK for me in the version of the software you are using and it shouldn't matter what machine you have attached. What sort of file are you trying to use e.g is it a jpeg ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone for your help. It did occur to me yesterday to unplug cameo 3 and then plug cameo 2. But was a bit unsure. Now Neries
    you have mentioned this, i am going to do so.
    Shirley Anne 1 am using jpeg and png.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good afternoon to everyone.I removed studio version i was using. Rebooted my pc. Then installed the current studio version i am using.
    Plugged in cameo 2. Opened studio library, then tried drag and drop to my pattern to patterns library. Again did not work.Tried several times.
    So i am now using cameo 3.Still won't allow me to drag and drop my own patterns. However, when clicked okay the pattern appeared on my design space.I am begin to wonder whether my Designer Edition has installed since cameo3. It is the first lot of Design Edition that got about 8 years ago.
    I shall check with silhouette america or graphtec on monday.And yet when i start studio it says designer edition. It's a mystery. At least i can still cut,print and use the sketch tool.
    Thanks everyone for your help.

View Gallery

To check if you are running DE click help on the top menu bar and the pull-down menu, click on the "About Silhouette Studio” and it will tell you if you have DE installed as well as the version of the software. Also in your Library have you made a sub folder to drag your patterns in to ? To add sub-folders go to your Silhouette Studio library, right click the Patterns folder and then click "New Folder" and give it a name. Keep the new sub folder selected and try to drag and drop again. Have found this which might help more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pve8nH-hm70