Hi everyone, just found this site and hope that some of you would be kind enough to help me with my dilemma.

I decided to start scrapbooking but soon got overwhelmed by what to buy etc....

Long story short, I purchased a 12x12 spiral bound scrapbook from Hobbycraft, 40 pages. The actual description said that it was perfect for scrapbooking and adding embellishments to pages as it could accommodate thick pages.....being an idiot beginner I just cracked on.....now having completed the album which I love the contents but the it is just too fat and the spiral bound is not holding up.

I now know that I should have just stopped when I was half way through but being an idiot I didn’t. After a lot of stressing and trawling the internet it seems that I would probably have been better with a D Ring Album so I considered getting one, tearing my pages out of the spiral bound, cutting down the edges and putting in a D Ring. However, they seem so hard to get in the UK and soooo expensive. I think I would need at least two at £25 ish each, which seems ludicrous. They seem to be everywhere in the USA and so cheap!

I could only find a few choices on Amazon and EBay. Is there anywhere obvious I have missed?

What would you do if you were me?

Thank you so much in advance.