Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question Gift boxes and solid scorelines

first off hi, i have a cricut maker and use it to make gift boxes but i have a problem, at the moment i use the double scoring wheel and the standard blade but find it a bit of a faff on having to swap blades constantly and also i am just not that impressed with the scorelines, they are not very neat when folded, i have noticed that if i do them manually with a craft knife to do a kisscut scoreline it is very neat, i believe i can do this with the cameo 4, i have watched the tutorials on solid scorelines but before i buy my cameo 4, what blades etc will i need and am i right in thinking i can set it all up using colours press go and leave it? without having to swap blades etc, sorry for the big post but want to get it right

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi David and welcome.

Before buying a Silhouette Cameo 4 you can download the free Studio software and check out how to make the score lines. https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software

You can't import SVG files into the free Studio but can buy a software upgrade to do this. All Silhouette machines have been able to do the score cut lines for folding with the normal cutting blade. The software controls the machine and a completed design is sent to the machine to cut. There are controls on the machines but I found I only use load and unload the mat and occasionally the pause button.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would do as Neries suggests David and download the free software. Then you will see that you have the option to cut by line color so you could give your score lines a different colour to the cut lines, then select your material settings and actions and send to cut. If you want to do this seamlessly with out stopping to swap the blade and you are not cutting extremely thick card then you would need to use the autoblade that comes with the machine as unike the C3 you can only use the Rotary or Kraft blades in the 2nd carriage. The Kraft blade is for cutting thick materials like leather and the Rotary is for fabric.

score.jpg