Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Cameo 4

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cameo 4

I wish I had been able to find a Cameo 3, but gave up waiting for one to become available and purchased the Cameo 4. I must say the results are far more unpredictable than my 2 Portrait machines. I appreciate each machine will require different settings, but the Cameo 4 is driving me mad. If I select a double pass when sending to cut it works fine. If I only have a single pass, but on checking before removing the mat see it hasn’t cut completely, I send again and it cuts something completely different and random then ends up making the most awful noise and I have to turn it off. If I try foiling some parts are just perfect then there are areas that the foil hasn’t even touched,

I have read about calibrating machines, I have never done this and not even sure how I do it, but do you think this would help solve my problems?

I so wish I had not sold my Cameo 1.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Calibrating is really only needed for print and cut so I wouldn't think that would help much. Perhaps your blade housing is out out of alignment. Turn off the machine and move the carriage to the right, then to the left, do that 3 times, leave it on the right then turn the machine on. I suppose you have checked that the cap on the bottom of the blade isn't loose ? Can't help with the foil qiill, I haven't used it on the C4 as I seem to get better results with my Curio.

View Gallery

Thank you Shirley, I wasn’t sure what the calibration was for. I will certainly try your tip of moving the carriage. I have used the auto blade and also the ratchet blade in the adapter provided and get the same regardless of blade.

Many thanks again for your help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Eileen which adapter are you using for foiling with your Cameo 4? I first tried the Quill C adapter which miss foiled in places, then tried the D adapter which was a lot better. I will send you a PM about an alternative.

View Gallery

Thank you Neries, I tried the D adapter with no joy.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Eileen that is a shame. It worked for me, although it was on a test piece. I still use my Cameo 3 for my foiling as I know what I am doing.

I also used the metal mat with cut strips from an A4 magnetic sheet instead of the magnetic strips which come with the mat.
    Attached Images Attached Images