Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Dies

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

Dies

just wondering how people store their dies. I bought a folder with magnetic sheets in from a supermarket this was fine until I needed extra sheets, the papermania ones I bought are to big and wont fit in, now I have dies falling all over the place. also the folder is to heavy to take to crops.

thanks for your help

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    A friend bought me a pretty box for my birthday so I keep dies in their packaging and pop in there but havent got tons though have to say the box is full

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Hedgie. I store my dies in a very strong box - reinforced with gaffer tape because they are so heavy when together - and they are mostly in either the small sized plastic envelopes you can get from the shop where everything is supposed to be the same low price (you get 5 for £1) or if they are small dies and don't weigh too much I just put them into zip top plastic bags. For me the secret is when you buy a die cut the whole thing in white card and stick that to black card and put this on the front of the envelope or plastic bag. Then it is so easy when you want a die to just flip through the holders till you find what you want. I also tend to group a few together, such as corners, edgings or the leaves you see in the picture - all from different suppliers but - handy to have just a couple of folders to look at whats on the front and then select you choice IYSWIM. Hope this helps.dies 4.jpg

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Have you tried Die storage on Pinterest Fran? You are bound to find lots of ideas there. I keep mine in a shallow drawer but I’m not a die fan so I don’t have that many.

View Gallery

wow thinking this idea is fab. It would make it so easy just to get a envelope and take with you. Sadly we dont have the shop that sells things for a quid down our neck of the woods so will have to keep my eyes searching.

View Gallery

not thought of that Elaine thanks for that. x

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hedgie - if you know roughly how many envelopes you might need I could get them here and mail them to you if that's any help??? They are in packs of 5 and they don't weigh much so postage shouldn't be too much. Sometimes they are not in stock and you have to wait a couple of weeks by the way.