Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Page protectors for spiral bound?

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and to scrapbooking in general!

I have been working on my first scrapbook over the last year since I had my first child. I have added all sorts of things such as photos, leaflets, finger paintings and a few bulkier items such as a pin badge.
    I bought a 12x12" spiral bound scrapbook from hobbycraft, but my question to you lovely scrappers is whether there is now a way I can protect the pages?? Since finishing the scrapbook I blindly bought some packs of page protectors from hobbycraft online, but soon realised when they arrived that they can't be used with this type of scrapbook. They are top loading and appear to be for post-bound books.
    I have searched and searched online but can't seem to find a type of protective sheet that can be used with spiral-bound?

This is my last attempt as finding a solution before cutting out each page and hopefully inserting them into page protectors in a post-bound book?

Any ideas would be gratefully received!! Hard to believe there's no obvious way to protect spiral-bound pages, especially since they appear to be the most common type of scrapbook? (Well in hobbycraft at least)

Thanks guys x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Hi, welcome to UKS.

I don’t think there are any page protectors for spiral bound albums.
    The top loaders work in post bound or D ring albums.
    Creative Memories did page protectors that slide on the page sideways, not sure if their albums are still the same as I don’t think they sell in uk now.
    they may work depending on your album size

When I’ve used spiral bound I tend to only use one side of the page so the opposite is blank and gives a bit of protection.
    Alternatively maybe you could adapt the page protectors you bought so you don’t have to dismantle the book ?
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022