Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with old Silhouette machine

Hi ladies,

I haven't used my Silhouette in ages and I've updated the software but I can't seem to find the right settings. It has Curio etc... but does it still work with the original Silhouette using Version 4.2.457? It was all so simple in the 'old days'. The first thing it doesn't seem to do is take the mat in for a test cut. Also the blade setting is confusing me too, which blade setting would I use? I have the old pink, blue and yellow blades was it. I want to test the pink blade because it is quite a thick but smooth card stock. Any help would be appreciated.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

If you are using Windows you should read this https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...tudio-software. Re the blade setting from memory I think the blade equivalents are 1 for the blue, 2 for the yellow and 3 for the pink, perhaps someone else will be able to confirm. If you do get the machine to cut it would probably be worth investing in a ratchet blade rather than using the old caps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If I remember correctly I believe it is as Shirley suggested 1 B-2 Y-3 P

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the replies and help. Late last night I tried again with the test cut but altered the settings I'll have to check what they were now but to my surprise it worked. I've just had to open the software to remember what I did. It was when I sent it to Send that all the cutting preferences came up. It had it set to the ratchet style (I think that's what it is) and the cut was 20 which sounded a lot, so I reduced it but when I did the test cut it wasn't getting anywhere. In the end I set it back to 20 which is what had been suggested and it worked perfectly. I've just taken a screenshot and I'll post it and you can see if I should be tweaking anything else. Not sure if you will be able to read this or not.

Screenshot 2020-09-06 at 17.22.25.png

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say, I've downloaded but not yet installed a new version of the software, is it okay or is there anything I have to be wary of please? I really need to use this more as I enjoyed it when I did, apart from when the mat didn't grip properly, they never seem to be quite wide enough. Or when the stickiness wore off and card would slide about. I never found washing worked when trying to re-sticky the mat. I take it these older mats are still available? Thanks for your help.x