Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with library

Good afternoon everyone. Well all my files i have created and purchased files well over 1000 files have disappeared from users library and only left with 100 files. Some of the design store files too have disappeared. There was prompt when i opened silhouette studio that some files with the cameo 3 are not installed. So clicked for the download. Afterwards discovered that my own user personal files were gone. Have written to silhouette america. No response.I am not happy ,as hundreds of hours work have disappeared. My cameo 3 has been night mare. I am sad about the whole situation. I might have give up my cameo 3 because of all these issue.
    Is anyone experiencing such issues?. I f so what was your solutions. Need help here. As i am now understanding cameo 3 a bit.Had no such issues with cameo 2.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

The more recent versions of Studio have an automatic built in library backup Ruth. Click on your name at the top of your library and then select Settings from the drop down menu. This will bring up a new window. Click "Library Snapshot". This will now show you any library snapshots that have been taken of your library. Selecting one and then clicking "Revert" allows you to roll back to a previous version of your library but BEFORE you do click on Browse to see what the Snapshot you have selected looks like to make sure your files are there. Personally I never save my personal files to the library - I save them to my hard drive and then back up to an external drive/usb. Also when you registered your C3 are you sure you used the same account as you have for your previous Cameo ?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Like Shirley I save all my files externally and do a second backup externally you never know when your pc is going to have a hiccup. I hope you can get some help with this but your own file's could be gone forever

View Gallery

I do hope you get your files back. The files you purchased or those that came free with the Cameo 2 and 3 will be on your account. If you are signed in try synching your library.

So frustrating when you work on something and it just disappears. I’m a bit of overkill as I have four copies of all my files, I guess it goes back to my IT days when we had to have three backs!

I do hope synching will at least retrieve some of your lost files.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone. have tried what you mentioned. Silhouette studio library tells me that the files are for read only. So pictures.
    I printed out Shirley Anne's information how to. Eileen the files are once i created myself and ones bought from other shops. some of my Design Store files are gone too. For future will save files on pc.. Can anyone let me know how to back up my files please?
    The cameo 3 keep freezing up at Offset and at Send.sometimes crashes. I am a bit better as i had a rest in the afternoon.
    I am wondering if i should uninstall studio and then install it again.The cameo 2 was good. But i was starting to get grips with cameo 3.

View Gallery

You can backup your library to your hard drive or an external drive. If you open your library and pull down the arrow next to your name, you will see the option to Export your library. You just then chose the location where you want the file to be saved.

Are you working off line in your library? This could be the reason why after following Shirley's advice your snapshot is read only. I do hope you can get it sorted.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Thanks everyone. have tried what you mentioned. Silhouette studio library tells me that the files are for read only. So pictures.
    I printed out Shirley Anne's information how to. Eileen the files are once i created myself and ones bought from other shops. some of my Design Store files are gone too. For future will save files on pc.. Can anyone let me know how to back up my files please?
    The cameo 3 keep freezing up at Offset and at Send.sometimes crashes. I am a bit better as i had a rest in the afternoon.
    I am wondering if i should uninstall studio and then install it again.The cameo 2 was good. But i was starting to get grips with cameo 3.
    I wouldn't save them on your pc Ruth because you could lose them again if your pc develops a problem

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone for your help. I don't have cloud. Shall safe my files on a flash drive and find out about external hard drive.
    I will get there.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good evening everyone. Have tried get my missing files back ,but shall leave it now.And lessons learned. And be grateful that i have a cameo and enjoy it. Happy crafting to everyone.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good morning everyone. Now have prompt by silhouette america every time i open studio.wont click it as it was that i lost all my files. The prompt wont go it is always there. So can't use my cameo.It is terrible.It is making sad. I was okay until this started. I think my Cameo 3 would be going back in the box.It happens also with my cameo 2. sorry for being gloomy.
    Happy crafting and be weary of prompts.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Ruth if you have lost your files anyway I would be inclinded to allow the update then once you can open Studio you can go in to Preferences - click on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the Design page - then on the Updates tab select never.

Updates.jpg

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello everyone. Did not put cameo in the box. Put it on the prompt came, clicked it and has not appeared again. I am a happy bunny. Sorry for complaining. I do apologize. Thanks Shirley Anne and everyone for their input. Happy crafting everyone.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Ruth I had problems with my library missing files for my Craft Robo, original Cameo, Curio and Cameo 3 when Studio stopped showing the local library. Luckily previously with Studio I had saved my library to a file on my computer. I did eventually retrieve all my files by uninstalling Studio and installing an early Studio v2 then v3 before the later v4.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good afternoon everyone, Thanks Neries for the information. Silhouette America have tried help me.I am grateful for everyone's input.
    We are learning all the time. Happy crafting.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello everyone. Well after weeks. Now have my design files from the library, downloads. silhouette america advice me to use studio 3 instead of studio 4.There is still an issue which is being sorted out so that i can eventually use studio 4. Please everyone save your user files elsewhere apart from library. Lessons learned. And i am grateful for all help.Thanks everyone has given me.