ABC challenge. Wacky

by Maggie B

Family is likeMusic

by tigerlady

September week 3

by Maggie B

Rainbow - almost a divorce!

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2020

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,554 Posts
    Stunning Mary. I love anemones...and don’t tell me that’s still a LIAM?
    Off to the garden centre with a friend. I decided I needed cheering up...and a mooch will do that.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I've been sitting about more too and have gained weight and I'm not doing any baking! I keep wanting to do some but then think I've then got to eat the stuff I bake. I suppose the answer is to do some baking then freeze them and just get one slice or one cake/scone out at a time. Has anybody heard from Susie about yesterday?

View Gallery

I haven’t heard from her. Hope she’s ok.
    I don’t have the willpower for freezing portions..if I bake it, I want to eat it! Lol
    I had a hugs scone at the garden centre earlier! Oops!
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,742 Posts
    You glutton Elaine Iím only jealous
    Iíve been told to loose weight to help my heart... so there wonít be any baking in this house
    for a while.

Iíve heard from Susie, and everything is fine.
    Funeral went well.
    I think she just needs a bit of time to think and recuperate

Lovely flowers Mary.
    Ellie

View Gallery

I have a few flower photos. Hope that’s ok Denise.
    My DDs farmer friend in her village always plants nature strips in his fields.
    Here are some.
    My DD said that the sun flowers are as tall as her
    B4B545B0-041D-4E05-82D8-E0634AE41836.jpeg

D1D963EB-5FF8-44F2-9C42-D8493EF5A33D.jpeg
    5E4FC6A3-79E6-4D53-970A-709C4C7BC401.jpeg
    Ellie

6. The Following Users Like This Post:

elainevking (15-09-2020),Susie.A (15-09-2020)

View Gallery

Just one more.
    My friend in Oregon had to evacuate his Dad yesterday, because of the wild fires.
    Here’s a photo of the street
    Attachment 206700

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,669 Posts
    The fields look absolutely stunning a very caring thoughtful farmer
    The fire photo didn’t come up Ellie

Yes it is a LIAM they have seeded themselves just hoping that enough of them will lay dormant until next spring
    Last edited by Mary Buttons; 16-09-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Thanks Mary. I will try again

CE1D4C12-28D6-4B2D-A4BA-8C9EC8097194.jpeg

10. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (15-09-2020)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,194 Posts
    Hi ladies, thanks for all your concern, it has been really tough. We didn't have anyone to video the funeral until a few days before when our neighbour came through for me. The printer couldn't print borderless for the order of service and I didn't find out until Saturday afternoon and had to get cracking printing them off. I'd done all the hard work setting them out but my printer decided to play nicely and I managed to get them done. We had the most beautiful day, the weather was hot and the doors to the church were open. The piper was amazing and the whole service went without a hitch and the video is now winging its way round the country and the world. All those people who couldn't attend can now be part of a wonderful church service. Because it was Alan's church the service was extremely personal as they have known him for years. We sat in his garden last night and lit a candle, had a glass of wine and just chatted, me hubby and the cat of course.

Today we took the coffin flowers to lay them where Alan's mum and dad are in the garden of remembrance and where he will be eventually. So now it is time to face up to reality and the fact that he's gone. Lots of paperwork to do as you know only too well Elaine, that is down to us, well me, lets be serious hubby doesn't do paperwork.

We've bought cakes and ate them without even taking photographs, sorry Denise. I have lots of sympathy cards if they count. But I did manage to make a birthday card for our great niece so I can add that on here.

Before I do, I've read back, haven't taken much in but love the photo's and since lilies are a theme, these are the flowers I ordered for the coffin. I took one white rose out to go on the grave of a little baby at the time of the funeral, long and extremely sad story which isn't mine to share.

Ellie, that is an amazing but scary photo. Elaine, you gave me the much needed laugh when you mentioned going to buy your winter flowering 'panties' - so funny! Must get some of those.

All for now, hope to catch up properly soon.

P1120513.png P1120506.png

12. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (16-09-2020),RED HEAD (16-09-2020)

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Good morning snappers
    Glad the funeral went so beautifully sounds like it was a wonderful send off
    The fire photo is very atmospheric scary though
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Morning all..I really hadn’t noticed my ‘panties’ faux pas Susie. Lol
    I’m glad the service went well, it sounds like it was a thoughtful affair. What age was Alan Susie..not sure you’ve even said? At least he is at rest now and you only have the paperwork to tackle. What is happening with his houses. Did he own it..will it be sold? That will be strange, the thought of having new neighbours.
    Did I mention one of my neighbours died last week. Denys, he was 85 and he lost his wife last year and all he wanted to do was join her. When she was alive we were very close and had always been popping over etc but this last year he had shunned any visitors and, although we tried and offered to help, he managed all through lockdown on his own. I’m sad they are both now gone. We will be getting new neighbours next year as their son is going to stay at the house until Christmas then market it in the New Year. It will be all change in our little Lane. There are only 6 houses here so when someone moves it’s all quite unsettling. Another neighbour has their house on the market too so it will be very odd getting to know all the new people.
    I still haven’t exchanged on the sale of Mums house..it should have gone last week but they are still messing us about.
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

I meant to say..gorgeous flowers Ellie. We watched the Great Bee Challenge and the government are trying to get ‘bee highways’ around all farmers fields. We are planting lots of wild pollinator flowers to try to help with the situation. I always knew of the predicament the bees are in but until watching this I didn’t realise how much we could help By doing very little. If anyone wants to watch it is was on Channel 4 and it will be on catch up..it was very insightful. Hosted by Jimmy from Jimmy’s Farm...Doherty is it?
    Lovely card too Susie..and beautiful flowers. I still have photos of Mums topper but haven’t managed to scrap them yet..I will one day though.
    Scary photo Ellie..my niece sent me some similar from Australia early in the year..what a year 2020 has turned out to be!
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Beautiful fields Ellie nice for DD yes flowers are a celebration so include them all
    A celebration of life too Susie the tribute is beautiful I love the pussy willow dotted in there too and how nice just to sit in Alans garden
    Awful for your friends Ellie the fire is terrifying
    Yes it is unsettling new neighbours we havent had neighbours I use to miss that then thought I really liked it but since lockdown my neighbour at the bottom has decided to be here for 2 years now and rent out his other house he ok we get on but the neighbour other side will be here this weekend too with barking dogs so we in for fun and games
    as I end up piggy in the middle again

View Gallery

Lovely flowers and card Susie. You will be ready for a rest now.

Sorry about your neighbour too Elaine. It is difficult when things change.
    When Frank our neighbour died last year, we thought that we wouldn’t get used to
    anyone else being in his house, but the young couple who are there now are lovely.

Denise, I hope that you can keep the peace between your two neighbours.
    Not nice being in the middle.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,194 Posts
    No time for resting sadly Ellie, it nose to the grindstone now. I've spent the afternoon sorting out the paperwork only the early stuff and we've just walked the dogs and then off to eat shortly.

Elaine, we are a small community but we are also terraced houses so it is a nightmare if you don't have good neighbours. We look after each other but respecting each others privacy but we are closely linked at the back with next door so the future could be tricky because we basically shared each others houses. It was just a quick knock and an "Are you decent?" before we entered. Obviously it was only like that with Alan no-one else. Anyway, more important stuff to think of right now. Oh he was 88 Elaine and we were quite sure that he would make 90 and possibly well beyond if the hospital hadn't got their hands on him. The fact that the death certificate didn't even have any particular reason for his death is dreadful but it seems it is happening all the time now, apparently they just write anything down.

That winter flowering panties really gave me such a good laugh Elaine, can't thank you enough. I was thinking of you when I chose Grace's birthday present. The Ink Lily pens that you use to draw designs onto paper and then iron them onto any fabric. You probably have them already but if you haven't they would be lovely for Miss A. I sent a light weight canvas bag and a pinny and a big drawing pad to get her started. When Grace has her design just right she could have it ironed on to the canvas bag for her nanny. I hope she makes herself a special pinny, can't wait to see what she comes up with. Even hubby thought they were a great idea. She could design her own t-shirts or anything.

Did I say we have had lots of cake in the last couple of days and didn't take a photo.

Off to eat now and then I might try and have a knit, can't remember when I last picked it up, they'll have all outgorwn the jackets by the time they get them as I have three items on the go at present.

+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast