Sunshine Days

by scrapdolly

Sept colour challenge.

by RED HEAD

Keeping in Touch

by Mary Buttons

Sept Colour Ch

by thriftycrafter

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: September 2020

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,191 Posts
    I'm not sure I know anyone who is sleeping well at present. The dog had us up again woofing. It isn't the woofing that is the problem as much as we worry if he is distressed and where he is when he's doing it. He can be outside our bedroom door asleep one minute and shortly after he's standing staring down the stairs and woofing or in the bathroom with his down the side of the toilet woofing. Hate to think he is feeling scared or upset so we have to make sure he's okay. Getting him to settle is the tricky part but he's back at the vets next week so we'll discuss it with him then.

Fabulous day again so we will take the boys out shortly. I need to do more paperwork but also need to switch my energy company and that will take a while finding the best deal. How anyone ever thought this would all make it simpler is beyond me. It is so complicated, so many different tariffs and some show tax and others don't and then don't tell you and so on and so on.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Hope Doggie is ok Susie. Do you think he’s woofing, just to get you up, or
    because he’s heard something.
    Energy companies are very complicated. We are with Bulb. and find it ok for us.
    I’ve done a LO today
    Ellie

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Susie - have you tried the Which? site - I think it is free for anybody - even non members? Might be worth a shot as they are not affiliated to anybody and I don't think they get commission either.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

We're with \Octopus. Our council do a group switch each year you can sign up if you want fill in details they then get deals sorted and email you with tariffs its then up to you whether you switch or not. Cos they are looking for a large number of people they can get a better deal than if its just for one.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

With my bills, we have to pay the site owner for electric and also order LPG gas bottles from them, so we can't shop around which is a bit annoying.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My sister has just gone with Octopus and we get the Which money magazine so must have a look in there and see what they're suggesting, thanks for the ideas ladies.

Meanwhile, having gone a for a lovely walk with the boys, came back had a bite to eat, the boys had a meal and next thing the young one starts weaving all over the place. We rushed him off to the vets. They are not sure what is wrong, he's had a couple of injections, could be his brain, heart, joints one or more of all. I think he's possibly had a stroke. I rang the rescue and they've seen similar problems in their old dogs. Thinking about it this has happened twice before. First time in April 2019, then again April this year but this time it is much worse. The other episodes only lasted seconds, this is still ongoing. Hubby is sleeping downstairs with them so he won't try and get down the stairs in the night and maybe fall. Fingers crossed there will be some improvement tomorrow but the rescue said as they progress it can take a little longer for them to recover, that's if it is what we think. The vet said a scan may be needed and we are booked in to see our own vet on Tuesday, providing he doesn't need to go back before then.

We were feeling so relaxed after a lovely walk in the sunshine which both dogs had enjoyed too and then this.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,549 Posts
    It sounds like Vestibular disease Susie. One of mine had that..the sessions get longer and longer. I hope he recovers quickly..and DH slept ok on the sofa.
    It is Worrying about the lack of donkey food available Denise. Have you sourced some yet?
    I was busy yesterday so didnít pop in as we had friends around for lunch and they stated until 6.30pm when it was just too cold to sit outside anymore. I shall miss these warm days and being able to see friends in the garden.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

View Gallery

Morning All
    Bit dull here, but the sun is promising to peek through.

Oh dear Susie, hope he is a lot better today. You may get some
    answers when you see your own vet .

It’s our Wedding Anniversary today. I gave DH the card that I made, and
    as usual he had forgotten!!!!! But when I came downstairs , he had
    gone for his walk, and there was a card on the side, saying To Ellie.
    I thought ,oh he’s not forgotten. I opened it and it was the card I’d
    made him, he had just written inside it!!!!!
    Well that’s something ,I suppose
    Ellie

View Gallery

Oh Ellie, MEN! Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope he brings you some flower back from his walk to make up for it. Susie so sorry to hear about your younger dog hope he improves and you get some help from your vet on Tuesday.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

He's no better today and has had a few accidents in the house, the carpet is covered with kylie sheets and incontinence sheets and towels. Elaine, the vet was thinking of vestibular disease, but he isn't walking in circles, he doesn't have the eye flicker he is eating fine but he does have the head tilt sometimes. He gave him an anti-emetic just incase but he is not sick and had just eaten when it started and had his dinner later and is still eating and drinking today. It may be a stroke which could take days or longer to recover from. His ears seemed to be fine but I've put silver in both just to be on the safe side. He gave him a blast of steroids to sort out an inflammation anywhere but we'll be ringing to speak to our vet on Monday and see if he can squeeze us in but he's just back off his hols so he'll be mad busy. We're booked with Leo for Tuesday but we'll take Jez instead, I think a scan is the only answer.

Oh Ellie, just spotted your anniversary, have a lovely day. What a cheeky devil your DH is.

Still no donkey food Denise?

Elaine, you're right about how chilly it has gone in the evening. Monday after the funeral we sat outside and it was like a summer's evening. Last night we brought our tomatoes in and fleeced all the strawberries as they have tons of fruit on them ripening in the lovely sun. Fleeced the cucumber just in case too. Mind you, we have so many tomatoes and for this time of year for us it is unbelievable. This late summer sun is doing wonders for them. I'll be sorry when we have to buy salad stuff again and have lots of celery to eat yet. Mind you, that will re-grow and be fine for soups and stews even next year.

View Gallery

Oh good gosh Susie. Poor doggie. At least he’s eating and drinking.
    That’s a good thing. Hope you get some answers from your vet.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just off to bed, cat's in safe and sound. All the old men are downstairs in the living room. Tomorrow is another day.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,667 Posts
    good morning Snappers, I'll read back presently hope everyone is OK and you all have a super snappy Sunday, Oh that would make a good page title
    I had a lovely afternoon with the family yesterday so am feeling far more positive, exhausted afterwards but went to bed early and slept reasonably well
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,549 Posts
    Glad to hear it Mary.
    Hope the dog improves today Susie.
    Happy belated anniversary Ellie. What a cheeky hubby!
    I was card making yesterday and managed about 40 of 3 different designs. But I need to make some for orders that I only have two of each for so that will be more time consuming so I will crack on with those later. I had an order for 40 wedding cards on Friday too, from a florist. We have yet to work out a design but she wants them for her brides but isn’t in a rush as not that many are getting married just now.
    Not sure what else I’ll be doing today but as hubby is home I will make us a nice lunch, lamb shanks today.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

View Gallery

Morning.
    Thank you ladies. We didn’t do anything special, but I cooked a nice dinner.
    DH favourite. Minted new potatoes , venison steaks, red cabbage and green beans, in
    a red wine and cranberry sauce. We didn’t have dessert, but had coffee and Lindt dark chocolate truffles..
    Today’s meal, is catchers catch can

I also made some Christmas cards yesterday. You did well Elaine.
    That was nice for you Mary.
    It’s dull here today.
    Ellie

+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112