Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cameo 3 Sketch and Cut .

My cameo 3 is really naughty today. Tried to a sketch today, cameo decided to draw on the plastic sheet instead of card.
    Pulled plugs out etc. Then started it again cameo 3 decided to chew the card, to make matters worse, it started feeding paper at angle.Stopped cameo 3 again. Tried again cameo 3 decided to leave words out. It's too much. the machine has been checked over last week and it was fine.Cameo 3 cuts very well ,when sketch and cut it is not happy.I can write a book about my cameo3. Used cameo 2 it's fine no problems. Dose anyone have the above issues? I am giving my cameo 3 an hour's break and shall try again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello after cameo tea break. Decided to get it's job done. Loaded the mat, it kept going wonky tried and tried. Well discovered that the mat on the right hand side was moving freely.The mat was not under wheels. Light bulb moment, moved the roller so that the mat was under it.Hey presto.
    Managed to do my sketch and cut. Cameo is my friend again.

View Gallery

We have all had those days when we just cannot fathom out why it is not doing what we have sent to be cut or drawn. However, I’m glad you managed to achieve what you set out to do, even if it took far longer than you had planned ��

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Glad you got it sorted Ruth. I still have my original Cameo so I'm not any help with the later versions sorry/

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Glad you got it sorted Ruth. I still have my original Cameo so I'm not any help with the later versions sorry/
    I think the Original Cameo was the best. After having a few health issues I could not get into crafting so sold my original Cameo, but did keep my Portrait. Now I’m back into my electronic cutting again I wished I had kept my Cameo. I have been trying to purchase another be it 2 or 3, but couldn’t locate one anywhere. So bought the 4. I find the more bells and whistles you add to any crafting machine, the more problems you encounter! I think they call it progress ��

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

The C3 is my favourite model and I’m pleased I kept it when I got the C4 which I don’t think lives up to all the hype re cutting thicker materials

View Gallery

My Cameo 3 sometimes drives me round the bend but the cause is usually Driver Error, me being the driver!
    Another Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm glad I didn't but a later model with all the different problems people are having.

View Gallery

I have had my C4 for nearly a month now, but other than setting it up and cutting one item to check all was okay I have not used it. I feel nervous to even try anything after reading all the issues people seem to be having. I have set myself a task for tomorrow to use the C4 to start my Christmas cards. When I purchased the four I had not realised the second holder is only for specialty tools.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well i;m glad we all have days like a machine trying to control our day. Eileen good you have made a plan to work on cameo 4. Do some practice to know your machine choosing simple files. Soon you would be a pro. With your note book.
    I love my cameo 2 as it is simple. But at first it was not and the more you use it,it becomes easy. I had a lot help from this forum and thank everyone.
    Well decided to sketch and cut to make my Christmas sentiments. Well set all up and running. When i returned there were smears all across the page.
    I was not happy with cameo 3. Read somewhere, when you set your pen into place, place a lolly stick underneath the pen for the nib to set on it then remove the stick. And start to sketch.It worked. Also i reduced the force and speed. Force:7. Speed 3. That was using 160 gsm card. No smears. Very happy. Happy crafting everyone

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by EileenSatchell View Post
    I have had my C4 for nearly a month now, but other than setting it up and cutting one item to check all was okay I have not used it. I feel nervous to even try anything after reading all the issues people seem to be having. I have set myself a task for tomorrow to use the C4 to start my Christmas cards. When I purchased the four I had not realised the second holder is only for specialty tools.
    Apart from having to have two autoblades replaced because they were faulty I haven't had any problems at all with my C4 Eileen and am happy with it's performance. I think a lot of the issuses you read about on some FB groups are down to user error like not installing the blade properly and people not bothering to read the help manual when they have never even had a Cameo before. What I do miss is not being about to use tool 2 for sketch pens and as I don't often use the speciality tools the 2nd holder is a bit of an ornament whereas I use it alot with the C3. Good luck for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 28-08-2020 at 03:59 PM.

View Gallery

Well I have had a really good day “playing” with my Cameo 4, as Shirley said the errors being reported on FaceBook are probably user error. The only problem I encountered was trying to use the foil quill pen with the Pen adapter. Although it performed the task, it didn’t even touch the foil. I tried to lower the quill in the pen adapter, it then would not close. So this still needs some “playing and tweaking”. I have the Portrait so I can use the quill with that, as I cannot image I would ever want to foil a 12x12 design.