Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette Library

I remember, a long time ago now, that there was a post, I believe by Doreen but can’t be sure, about moving the Silhouette library to an external drive, rather than keeping them within the program. I have run a search, but nothing is showing. Does anyone remember this or am I dreaming? I believe it was quite a long winded thing to do, but I would like to do this if possible.

Hoping someone might recall such a post and be able to post a link to it. Many thanks.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

If you go in to Library and click on your name at the top Eileen you should get a drop down with an option for Library Export. Click on that and you will get a new window and from there you can chose a location to save the backup on your PC.

Library.jpg

View Gallery

Yes I do this regularly Shirley, but I want to take the files out of Silhouette Library and access them from an external drive. I did this when I had the Cameo 1, but cannot remember how I did it. I remember having to save each individual file, but there was a way of showing what the file looked like, this is the part I cannot remember!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

Regards

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Sorry I misunderstood Eileen. I don't buy from the store as I make all my own stuff and save straight to my hard drive and the recent versions of Studio show a preview in File Manager if you choose the View pane and select icons even from my external drive.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by EileenSatchell View Post
    I remember, a long time ago now, that there was a post, I believe by Doreen but can’t be sure, about moving the Silhouette library to an external drive, rather than keeping them within the program. I have run a search, but nothing is showing. Does anyone remember this or am I dreaming? I believe it was quite a long winded thing to do, but I would like to do this if possible.

Hoping someone might recall such a post and be able to post a link to it. Many thanks.
    I save each file to an external drive (they're nearly all freebie's I rarely buy from the store)but I don't think you can take them out of the library (so its empty) now