Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette Cameo 3 cutting above the mat.

Hello, hope someone can help.I set cardstock on at top line.Using auto blade.
    Then to cut. The machine started cutting above the paper edge where there is no card. Paused unloaded the mat, turned machine off.Started cutting again still the auto blade started cutting again above the paper edge. Means the clear plastic above the card is cutting.Please
    has anyone experienced this? If so can you help me please? Thanks in advance.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Hello, hope someone can help.I set cardstock on at top line.Using auto blade.
    Then to cut. The machine started cutting above the paper edge where there is no card. Paused unloaded the mat, turned machine off.Started cutting again still the auto blade started cutting again above the paper edge. Means the clear plastic above the card is cutting.Please
    has anyone experienced this? If so can you help me please? Thanks in advance.
    Not sure what model you have Ruth but if it’s an older model are you selecting load mat as opposed to load media. Also this may help https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...on-cutting-mat

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Shirley Anne. My Cameo3 designer. Had it for 3 years just started using it yesterday. I had cameo2 before which i still have and tempted to use it instead of my of my cameo3. I got cameo3 for using it cut thicker media. when i try to use my rachet blade it revert back to the auto blade. When i put different image to cut it cuts the previous. i am upset.Can anyone me or give me the contact details for Graptec please.
    Thanks in advance

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks Shirley Anne. My Cameo3 designer. Had it for 3 years just started using it yesterday. I had cameo2 before which i still have and tempted to use it instead of my of my cameo3. I got cameo3 for using it cut thicker media. when i try to use my rachet blade it revert back to the auto blade. When i put different image to cut it cuts the previous. i am upset.Can anyone me or give me the contact details for Graptec please.
    Thanks in advance
    Phone number 01978 666700

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello Doreen, thanks for the number. I phoned and Brain helped me. so i am going try his suggestions.
    Will let you know how i get on. I was in two minds yesterday whether to set up cameo3 or keep using cameo2.well there would be learning curve with cameo3.But would get there.Thanks to you all.Keep safe and well.

View Gallery

Hello Doreen, thanks for the number. I phoned and Brain helped me. so i am going try his suggestions.
    Will let you know how i get on. I was in two minds yesterday whether to set up cameo3 or keep using cameo2.well there would be learning curve with cameo3.But would get there.Thanks to you all.Keep safe and well.
    Hi Ruth. I hope what Brian has suggested works for you. I only have the original Came so don't know anything about the other versions

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello, Brain helped me. Have to set the mat at 12"x12" as default. Tried cutting again this time it cut the images at the normal place.
    Its a learning curve. Bought the Cameo3 for cutting thicker media. Tried to cut acetate for making stencil, used the auto blade 4 passes it did not cut
    well. I was using acetate 220 microns. Not happy about it. I shall try again with the acetate. It was simple lines.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Ruth I went from the original Cameo to a Cameo 3 over three years ago and found it does not cut any better than my original Cameo. It is the Cameo 4 which has the the capacity to cut thicker materials, but then only in the second tool holder which the auto blade does not fit, only the new 3mm Kraft blade, rotary blade so far. The new 2mm Kraft blade does fit previous Cameos, the Portrait and the Curio.

Very strange that the software reverts from your ratchet blade to the auto blade. I found last week it does not make any difference as I put my ratchet blade in the other day and forgot to change it from the default autoblade and it cut fine. Ok made all the tapping movements. The latest Studio beta notes say it no longer reverts back to the autoblade as the default.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well cut my first lace topper using the auto blade. I do agree Neries, i saw my my Cameo2 and said to myself why did i get Cameo3, 3 years ago. I t stayed in the box till last week when i installed it. As you said its no different from Cameo2 just the autoblade and can use the deep cut blade.I will continue to play with my Comeo3 and maybe get the 2mm Kraft Blade sometime. My latest software update is 4.4. Enjoy your Cameo.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Ruth I think the main advantage between the Cameo 2 and 3 is the double tool holder the Cameo 3 has. I miss with my Cameo 4 being able to have a blade in one and a pen, or in my case a Foil Quill in the other. I also like the extra storage space for tools in my Cameo 3. Two blades in the left side holder and quite a few along the curved tray at the back. My only problem with my Cameo 3 has been recently doggy auto blades I bought from Amazon two years ago jumping up slightly while in use and ruining the cutting. So gone back to my ratchet blades.

I hope you sort your problems out and enjoy using your Cameo 3 like I do. Still can't make up my mind with my Cameo 4 as only tested it cut ok when I first had it. Then it went back in the box. Now thanks to my hubby's DIY its out and connected but I still go to my Cameo 3 as I know what I am doing.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks everyone who helped me. I used the auto blade and cut out a lovely laced daisy. Really pleased. Watched whilst cutting using the auto blade that came
    with Cameo 3, it jump's at certain points when cutting.The cutting was perfect. Watched an old video about the twin blade holders.It used the auto blade and sketched at the same time.My Cameo 3 is not going back in the box.Hooray!

View Gallery

Thanks everyone who helped me. I used the auto blade and cut out a lovely laced daisy. Really pleased. Watched whilst cutting using the auto blade that came
    with Cameo 3, it jump's at certain points when cutting.The cutting was perfect. Watched an old video about the twin blade holders.It used the auto blade and sketched at the same time.My Cameo 3 is not going back in the box.Hooray!
    Glad it's working properly for you now Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Guess what was tidying my room.Found 2 new Silhouette Cameo mats . So pleased, as one of my old mat , the one used for getting to know Cameo 3. was damaged. So happy i started tidying the room. I wonder what else is hidden in my room? Happy crafting for everyone.

View Gallery

Guess what was tidying my room.Found 2 new Silhouette Cameo mats . So pleased, as one of my old mat , the one used for getting to know Cameo 3. was damaged. So happy i started tidying the room. I wonder what else is hidden in my room? Happy crafting for everyone.
    How lovely Ruth. I'm sure a lot of us have things they've forgotten they had and not only Silhouette things