Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Q View Post
    hopefully i have attached a screen grab of what im trying to cut
    ]
    If you are still struggling Gary I use Illustrator so if you want to PM me the DXF file I will see if I can improve it for you as Illustrator has better editing tools than Inkscape.

View Gallery

I too upgraded from robo software and used silhouette studio on win7. I wonder if you can save in a format that silhouette recognises and take it into studio to cut.
    I hate change, but did find changing from robo to studio easy. I used to have a craft robo and now enjoy my portrait.
    Maureen

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    I too upgraded from robo software and used silhouette studio on win7. I wonder if you can save in a format that silhouette recognises and take it into studio to cut.
    I hate change, but did find changing from robo to studio easy. I used to have a craft robo and now enjoy my portrait.
    SS will sends to cutter but no file arrives at it, when i look at whats in the queue to cut there is nothing

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Hi Gary, so sorry to hear that you are having problems with your cutter. Have you tried speaking to Graphtec and explaining to them what the issue is? They are such a helpful company and, if your cutter is a model they support, they will try to help you even if you did not buy from them. They sponsor this part of the site and are based in the UK, which is useful as no time difference to worry about. This is their website link: https://www.graphtecgb.co.uk They work with Silhouette, and Brian always used to be the main man to speak to but it seems he has been promoted so I'm not sure who has taken over his role. Forgive me if I've missed some crucial piece of information along the way of this thread, I'm not sure you have named your cutter. Graphtec are asking if people can email in the first instance (due to the virus they only have a small staff presence) but their phone line is manned 10.00 - 14.00 if required on 01978 666700. I think the problem sometimes comes back to everyone's computer being set up differently, so trying to replicate your problem isn't easy when trying to be helpful and it may even be that you have a programme installed on yours that is interfering with what you are trying to achieve. Graphtec technical support are excellent - they have never let me down and I can only speak as I find. I really do hope that you manage to sort it and, if you are able to do so, it might really help someone else along the way if you "report back" here and pass on anything you think is helpful.

Cheers
    Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    SS will sends to cutter but no file arrives at it, when i look at whats in the queue to cut there is nothing
    Gary have you checked in the Studio 'Send' window that your cutting lines are showing on the left and it recognises your Robo and is connected properly? In 'Send' scroll down to the bottom where the name of your machine should be. It might show as a Portrait, a later version of a Robo. If nothing is showing there is a message to click on which goes to a help page. With Studio drivers are built in and it always shows as a printer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Gary have you checked in the Studio 'Send' window that your cutting lines are showing on the left and it recognises your Robo and is connected properly? In 'Send' scroll down to the bottom where the name of your machine should be. It might show as a Portrait, a later version of a Robo. If nothing is showing there is a message to click on which goes to a help page. With Studio drivers are built in and it always shows as a printer.
    found it, not quite like shown but its worked...its cutting much quicker like my big old one did!
    i read a help tutorial that said you sent it to print and select the cutter and it will cut..well it didnt. but doing it your way seems to have sorted it...thank you very much

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thank you Andi
    i have sorted it with the help Neris gave.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Well done Neries, and really glad you have your cutter working again Gary.

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Well done Neries, and really glad you have your cutter working again Gary.

Andi
    me too
    as soon as it moved when i sent file from SS i knew it was as it should be...it took a while lol, what with all the .dll file errors but im so happy.
    i cannot format or touch this pc as i shoot lots of photos (landscapes/gigs) and got software that i need and dont have disks for anymore etc

View Gallery

found it, not quite like shown but its worked...its cutting much quicker like my big old one did!
    i read a help tutorial that said you sent it to print and select the cutter and it will cut..well it didnt. but doing it your way seems to have sorted it...thank you very much
    Glad you have sorted it Gary. Your 'Send' window probably does not look quite like mine as my Cameo 3 has two tool holders on the carriage. This screen capture shows most of my screen with the design ready for cutting the outside red line with tool 1. Before that I used tool 2 on the sketch pen setting for a Foil Quill to foil the peacock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Well done Margaret. Glad it's working for you now Gary

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Glad you have sorted it Gary. Your 'Send' window probably does not look quite like mine as my Cameo 3 has two tool holders on the carriage. This screen capture shows most of my screen with the design ready for cutting the outside red line with tool 1. Before that I used tool 2 on the sketch pen setting for a Foil Quill to foil the peacock.
    yeah its a touch different but found my way around it..just real happy to have something that works properly.
    re did a previous design and it cuts in no time at all
    wp.jpg

View Gallery

That's great Gary.

Studio was quite basic in the very beginning but now you can do lots with it. I use the trace quite a bit with images and photos. With the latest version of Studio I find the trace is really accurate and I don't have to edit as much as I use to. When I double click on my cut lines the point/nodes editing window appears and I can edit the point/nodes, deleting them and smoothing the lines. If you click on 'help' at the top, the dropdown has user manual, introduction and tutorials to help the user. The only downside is files are saved as a studio document. I first bought an upgrade card to Designer Edition to open svg files. Then years later bought an upgrade to Business Edition will save as svg.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Neries
    thanks for the info
    i do my design work in photoshop as im totally familiar with that, i save it as a transparent .png and then trace in in SS, had some great results so far. done 5 or 6 designs today and test cut them all and im more than happy with results im getting now.
    i suppose its a wierd way im doing it but been so fluent in photoshop it makes sense to do it the way i am

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

one thing i have noticed is that the cut image in vinyl is narrower/squashed compared to the pre cut file on the screen, had a look through settings on SS and cant see anything obvious