Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

very along cutting times

Hello.
    It's probably something I'm doing wrong but it takes a real long time to cut out my design.
    I make the design in Photoshop, then load it into inkscape and save as a .Daf file
    It open in robo master and looks like a simple outline.
    edit: im trying to cut vinyl and because of the time its taking and all the moving about it moves the vinyl on the cut sheet rendering it useless

Thanks for any input and ideas as to what can make it cut quicker
    Last edited by Gary Q; 28-06-2020 at 04:50 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Hi Gary and welcome. I am afraid I cannot answer the question but hopefully others will be able to

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdolly View Post
    Hi Gary and welcome. I am afraid I cannot answer the question but hopefully others will be able to
    me too, i have tried a few things and nothing changes.
    i used to have a big cutter years ago and it would have taken seconds to cut what im trying to cut not 15 minutes

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I haven’t used Inkscape for ages but I remember that when saving to dxf format which I assume is what you are referring to it created lots of nodes which would slow down cutting. Have you tried using silhouette studio as that has a simplify tool to reduce the number of nodes. I don’t think you’ll find many people on here use Robomaster any more as it is no longer supported.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I haven’t used Inkscape for ages but I remember that when saving to dxf format which I assume is what you are referring to it created lots of nodes which would slow down cutting. Have you tried using silhouette studio as that has a simplify tool to reduce the number of nodes. I don’t think you’ll find many people on here use Robomaster any more as it is no longer supported.
    i have tried to cut through inkscape it sees my cutter but wont cut, i will try find silhouetts studio, im only using robomaster as it came with the machine and you would expect it to be the software of choice..

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    silhouette studio wont run on my windows 7 :-(

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Q View Post
    silhouette studio wont run on my windows 7 :-(
    Gary it should. I have used Studio first with my Craft Robo with Windows XP in 2010, then with Vista and my original Cameo in 2012. Studio still runs on my laptop with Vista.

Did you download the right version? There is one for 32bit computers and another for 64bit computers which I now use with Windows 10. A couple of years ago I downloaded the Mac version by mistake.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i get this when installing the version for 64bit win7 which is what im running

Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Silhouette America\Silhouette Studio\srt_thumb_provider_x86.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147024770. Contact your support personnel

if i click ignore i then get "the program cannot start because api-ms-win-core-crt-l1-1-0.dll is missing" i have tried to install that dll file with no joy

the cutter will not work from inkscape...it sees it in the setting but after you have pressed cut it does nothing

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i could have a problem with service pack 1 i have been busy trying to update all evening....SP1 will not install , currently running hotfix software from windows.
    still cant see why Inkscpape wont let me cut from it :-(

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Gary have you tried downloading and installing the Studio 32bit version?

Alternatively download a legacy version (older versions). See attachment on where to click to find them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    There's a simplify tool in Inkscape too Shirley. I agree about not many if any use Robomaster any more. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 five years ago

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    There's a simplify tool in Inkscape too Shirley. I agree about not many if any use Robomaster any more. Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 five years ago
    Thanks Doreen I couldn't remember as I haven't used Inksape for ages

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Gary have you tried downloading and installing the Studio 32bit version?

Alternatively download a legacy version (older versions). See attachment on where to click to find them.
    sorry for delay i have been really trying to fix me errors to get pc upto date and no matter what i cannot fix them, i shall try the older versions. robocut will see the file i made in inkscape as .dxf and cut it (long time) but inkscape wont cut the same .dxf file it sees the cutter but nothing happens
    i shall try one of those older versions of SS

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    simpifyer makes if look horrible i saw that and tried it :-(

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

hopefully i have attached a screen grab of what im trying to cut

cutsample.JPG