Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Beta V4.4.241

I think this beta is worth installing as it fixes a lot of issues https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

V4.4.241 - 22 Jun 2020
    Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue with memory usage after tracing
    Fixed performance issues with specific files
    Fixed a crash which occurs when drag and dropping certain studio3 files
    Fixed crashes relating to large libraries
    General improvements to stability
    Corrected the Swedish firmware update translation
    Added translations for 'New Palette Name...'
    'Line Spacing' in the Font Creation panel is no longer missing Japanese Translation
    Irregular white bars no longer displayed on launch
    Cut border no longer becomes offset to reg marks when you have a portrait cutter
    Print Margins should no longer decrease every time Page Setup is opened
    'Printer' media size no longer switches back to Letter or A4 paper
    It should no longer be possible to adjust custom reg marks beyond their bounds
    Users can now change the default media color and toggle between this and white using the W key
    SVGs using 0.1pt red lines for cut lines should now convert correctly into Studio 0pt cut lines
    Users on Windows should now be able to drag a PNG onto a shape (awaiting Mac fix)
    The pt size adjustment arrows have been restored
    The tooltip for Arc Tool has been corrected
    Secondary grid lines can now be assigned a different color
    Resizing the font in a sticky note now resizes the note
    Designs can no longer be dragged into Locked Layers
    Selecting multiple objects no longer disables the aspect ratio lock
    Performing a copy & paste while in the Library no longer copy-pastes the selected object on the Design Area
    Fixed broken library sync icon
    Blade now returns to origin after a cut job with no cut lines is sent
    A dialog appears in material editor asking if you would like to copy updated 'Cameo 4 Tool 1' settings to the 'Default' tab
    User-defined materials are now remembered
    Sending a file with a cut line over 60ft long no longer causes a crash
    The MORE button now opens the correct/relevant tab for editing materials
    The message that is displayed when Action Not Found is now more accurate
    Correct wording appears in the right-click menu when multiple user-defined materials have been selected
    Have you mirrored?' pop-up now appears in Cut by Line/Fill/Color
    The user-defined material header is now distinct from the materials

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Many thanks Shirley
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley.

View Gallery

Oh no, I went to download it this morning and it's not there. Beta - none available.

Shirley any idea why they have pulled it?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Oh no, I went to download it this morning and it's not there. Beta - none available.

Shirley any idea why they have pulled it?
    Apparently adding an svg to the library crashed the program so they have retuned it to closed beta. I never even noticed as I don't save stuff to my library.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Apparently adding an svg to the library crashed the program so they have retuned it to closed beta. I never even noticed as I don't save stuff to my library.
    Thanks Shirley, not something I do either.

I was hoping the new beta rectified my problem of print lines always in portrait. It's a pain when I use print & cut I have to change it to landscape in the printer's settings. My computer screen is 22in wide so I always use Studio in landscape. I can see everything up close without having to scroll down and I always lay my A4 paper/card across my cutting mat too for cutting.

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley, not something I do either.

I was hoping the new beta rectified my problem of print lines always in portrait. It's a pain when I use print & cut I have to change it to landscape in the printer's settings. My computer screen is 22in wide so I always use Studio in landscape. I can see everything up close without having to scroll down and I always lay my A4 paper/card across my cutting mat too for cutting.
    I don't think it has been fixed. I always use landscape too and when I open a new document the print border is showing as it should BUT if I change to portrait the print border is still landscape so I have to change that in printer settings then when I go back to Landscape it shows portrait so I have to change it back again in print settings but once changed it does stay in landscape for new documents. I've just looked at the bug tickets in the Beta group and it is still listed as active so they must still be working on it. Hope this makes sense !!

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley. I don't have that problem. I click on print and a preview window comes up so then click on print and my normal settings box appears where I change it to landscape. Then tell it to print.

With this one I just wanted the registration markings for a peacock I foil first and then want to cut. I foil first using the WRMK metal mat. Take it off it off and put it on the cutting mat to cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

I’m not at my machine at the mo but in your first photo I click on settings next to print and change the orientation in the box that pops up there and then select print - is that what you do ?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I’m not at my machine at the mo but in your first photo I click on settings next to print and change the orientation in the box that pops up there and then select print - is that what you do ?
    Shirley I click on the printer icon top of screen, that new print preview window appears, I click print and the Canon small window box appears. I then click on preferences and another window box appears where I change the orientation to landscape. Click ok the window box disappears and I click print on the first Canon window box and it prints.

It use to be so much quicker and easier before they added the new print preview box to Studio along with the default portrait orientation. I find remembering all the steps harder at my age.

View Gallery

Shirley I click on the printer icon top of screen, that new print preview window appears, I click print and the Canon small window box appears. I then click on preferences and another window box appears where I change the orientation to landscape. Click ok the window box disappears and I click print on the first Canon window box and it prints.

It use to be so much quicker and easier before they added the new print preview box to Studio along with the default portrait orientation. I find remembering all the steps harder at my age.
    I click on Print and in the print preview window I click on settings and change the orientation there if need be then I click on print. This way when I open a new document the landscape print border shows correctly and I don't have to keep changing it.

Print.jpg

View Gallery

Shirley old ages getting to me as I tried that and only saw the scribbled box at the top and no sign of the print preferences if I needed to change the print quality. Clicking on the print button brings that window box up. It is only on new files that I have to do that. A previously printed one keeps the settings. Two different ways to do the same thing.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Shirley is this update for Silhouette 4 only?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Thanks Shirley is this update for Silhouette 4 only?
    The latest beta update is now V 4.4.247 Ruth and it is for all models not just the C4