Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help! Cameo 3 Not Cutting

For no apparent reason my machine goes through the motions of cutting but doesn't actually cut. I cleaned some fluff out of the blade housing but no difference so I replaced the blade with a brand new one, still not cutting. Does anyone have any idea why this may have happened and how to remedy it? Need it urgently.
    Shirley

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Silly question but you do have the cut lines selected ?

View Gallery

Thank you for your response Shirley Anne and yes, the cut lines were selected but I've just discovered that I have been extremely stupid!! I had to clean out my blade housing after cutting 0.8mm foam the day before and failed to ratchet the blade down to zero before removing the end cap which seems to have resulted in the blade disappearing up the housing for nothing is extruded no matter what number I set it to. It won't scratch the surface even when held in my hand. Unfortunately what I thought was a brand new blade wasn't, even though it was in the original packaging. This morning I noticed that the staple which seals the packaging was missing so I guess I wrecked that blade too when cleaning out the housing and had returned it to its packaging.
    I wrote to Brian Pickup at Graphtec but my message was returned by Graphtec's Postmaster saying "Brian not found" so I resent it to support@graphtec and Steve Dabrowski responded very promptly so I guess he's taken over the role now that Brian has been promoted.
    Fortunately all's well that ends well as they say for discovering that a pen worked fine I realised that it was a blade issue and when I used a truly brand new blade everything worked fine.
    Thanks again for taking the time to respond,
    Shirley.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

All's well that ends well Shirley - didn't know that Brian had been promoted so thanks for the info.
    Check Costco Catalogue and Harvey Norman Catalogue.