Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cameo 4 cutting error

Hello,

i bought a Cameo 4 back in Feb and it has been operating successfully up till a few days ago in the last few days I have a problem with it cutting the shapes off to the right, but dont know why it is now doing this.

Two photos show how a guitar shape is positioned near the edge of A5 card, but the cut is not in right place, partly off the card i.e the right hand cut shown in 2nd photo. Repositioning the shape to the left still wasnt in correct place.

Having printed the test sheet and checked the calibration this is OK and cut along the crosses. but when i go to the Distance Adjust it is cutting the A-B cuts off the A4 sheet which you can see on the carrier mat next to the ruler at 200mm.
    Two photos show these cuts. As per the instructions within the Studio software Designer i have checked the measurement between the cut marks and it is the required 200mm, but I am unclear which way to adjust the slider scale to get the B cut back on the sheet and retain the 200mm distance to A.

Please can someone clarify - I just hope it is simple to rectify and that I wont have to return the machine to the London suppliers!
    Many thanks.
    Richard
    I haven't lost my mind, its backed up on disk somewhere........

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I thought you only had to use calibration for print and cut and not regular cut problems. Have you tried unplugging the machine then moving the blade housing all the way to the right and all the way to the left.... do this 3 more times and leave it on the right side... plug it back in and turn it on. . Otherwise you could always give Graphtec a call, they are very helpful and doesn’t matter if you didn’t purchase direct from them - 01978 666700. Also is your firmware up to date ?
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 27-05-2020 at 08:31 AM.