Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Pixscan help needed

Hello, hope you are all keeping well.
    I'm trying, at last, to set up the pixscan mat.
    I tried printing out the calibration test card and the page printed out with only 3/4 of the paper covered in dots.
    I still took a picture of it but my picture wasn't of a high enough resolution.
    So I tried scanning the mat with my printer but there's no scanner showing, just says 'no scanner found'
    I can't find out how to get the scanner recognised.
    Also I don't know how it can work using a scanner because the mat is to big to scan it all?

I feel I'm being thick but if you can help I'd be grateful. If it won't work can I just use the mat as a normal mat so it's not wasted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Do you have a Canon Printer if so there are problems with the drivers (and some other printers). Silhouette are supposed to be working on it but it has been like this for ages. Re the print out you probably need to change your printer orientation to Portrait.

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley Anne, I have managed to do it without using the calibration. I have managed to print it out by changing the orientation to landscape although as I say I didn't need it in the end. I have an Epson printer which will print from silhouette but not scan?
    I stamped an image and used my husbands mobile to take the photo, (I think I may be the only person who doesn't own a mobile phone on the planet).
    It cut pretty well just very slightly off but not enough to be a problem.
    Thanks for helping me I've been working on it all day.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post
    Thanks Shirley Anne, I have managed to do it without using the calibration. I have managed to print it out by changing the orientation to landscape although as I say I didn't need it in the end. I have an Epson printer which will print from silhouette but not scan?
    I stamped an image and used my husbands mobile to take the photo, (I think I may be the only person who doesn't own a mobile phone on the planet).
    Glad you have sorted it. I could never get it to work with a camera, always used my scanner. It has always cut slightly off for me too. My work around is to move the traced outline slightly to the right.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post

Pleased you got it done in the end. The problem with the drivers is just with the scanning function, it doesn’t affect printing but the don’t seem to be able to find a solution. Mine scans fine in to other programs like Photoshop but not with SS so it is a bit frustrating.

View Gallery

Although unless the image has a crisp outline it isn't that easy. I wanted to cut stamped images but they aren't a good enough edge a lot of the time.

View Gallery

I had the same problem bobble21, spent ages trying to calibrate it, in the end I just took a photo and emailed it to myself and it worked, but like you said is slightly off. Which is a bit annoying, I have yet to try your advice neries, but will definitly nudge the cut line a little. Ive left myself a note with the pixscan mat to nudge it slightly.
    I couldn't get my scanner to work either, interesting you mentioned Canon Shirley Anne, cause thats what I was using.
    Trouble is you spend hours trying to figure it out and its still not accurate, silhouette are aware of the problem, as they themselves have admitted. So far nothing has been done to correct it. My print and cut is spot on.
    Look back in the forum and there is information I received from silhouette
    Maureen

View Gallery

Thanks a lot everyone, much appreciated.