Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Files

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Missing Files

I've just realised that most of my files are missing, in Version 3 my Library has 975 files and I've bought quite a few more since then but in Version 4.2 my Library has only 290 files!! I have tried Syncing but it makes no difference. Can anyone tell me how to get back my c.700 files?
    Shirley

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Have you tried logging in to your account in the Silhouette Design Store then select Account Settings > Recover All Downloaded Designs> Find and sync missing items.

View Gallery

Thank you Shirley Anne, that helped, I now have 482 but that's still nearly 500 adrift. Guess I'll have to contact Silhouette America
    Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Thank you Shirley Anne, that helped, I now have 482 but that's still nearly 500 adrift. Guess I'll have to contact Silhouette America
    Shirley
    Well that’s a start, let us know if they sort it out for you.

View Gallery

Will do.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Well, a week has gone by and still no reply from Silhouette America. Do they usually take this long?
    Shirley

View Gallery

Seems a long time, I would probably try again. Did you send it to support@silhouetteamerica.com ?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Well, a week has gone by and still no reply from Silhouette America. Do they usually take this long?
    Shirley
    Sent them a message recently and didn't get a reply for about a week too so maybe they've got limited staff due to the virus and distancing

View Gallery

Still no response so have emailed them again. Good job I'm not running a business relying on Silhouette America.
    Shirley.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello same here, my files from the design store use to appear in my library, but now they don't.

View Gallery

Sorry for long delay, I have been ill. Sil.Am. did eventually reply saying they had checked my purchased files which only totaled 446 (a number which has never appeared and begs the question "Why is my library only showing 342?"). They then gave me a procedure which I had done already and resulted in loads of duplications. I had to set up a new email address when Talktalk told me that they were going to close my account at the end of March unless I took their Broadband service or paid £5 per month. I set up a gmail account but the Talktalk one is still operating despite several more threats. I suspect that my Library is only showing one of these accounts, probably the gmail one. I suspect the problem arose when the Cloud and Local User libraries were merged and because I've not been doing much crafting for several months I failed to notice. I have sent them screenshots of the different versions on my computer illustrating the change in the number of files from 984 to 342 between V.4.1.441 and V.4.2.279 but I don't feel that they have put much effort into helping me. Will let you know the outcome when it arrives.
    Shirley.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirley when I lost a lot of old local user files when I had problems connecting my Cameo 3. Luckily I had exported my library to a saved file on my computer when first able to export my library in Studio. I did a clean uninstall of Studio and installed an older version before they dropped the local user from the cloud. I imported that saved library, (which included the very first free Studio files and my Cameo 1) reconnected my Curio which gave me back the free files that came with it and then connected my Cameo 3. Now every so often I export my library to my computer. I keep saving as a slightly different file name each time so I can always go back if I have problems.

View Gallery

I always back up any file to a separate CD/DVD and gladly have a lot of archive files. Early on I had lost an important one of my designs and some fonts and had to re-create everything. It was a difficult lesson but one that has served me well over the years. It is so nice to not have to depend on that Cloud or any other source for what I had previously saved, bought or free.
    I know Silhouette is working hard to have the very best version of their software for which my PC seems to have issues. I do not upgrade anything for my Cameo until that software issue is fully resolved. I am still using 3.3.638 for which I made a note June 30, 2016.
    So my suggestion is to make back ups regularly to a separate CD. I have a disk fully dedicated and labeled it Fonts. I keep my other archived files in alphabetical order so if my computer ever crashes, I still will have all my designs and important files easily in reach. Ok, I will get off my soap box now. P1080330.JPG
    Petrina

View Gallery

is it easy to save the library in its entirity in another locaton? If so how? Thank you
    Maureen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    is it easy to save the library in its entirity in another locaton? If so how? Thank you
    Maureen open your library and right click on your name. Scroll down and click on export library. Window appears asking where you want to save to. I have a folder in 'my documents'
    Attached Images Attached Images