Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Photos

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Photos

Hello
    I'm not a scrapbooker but I have made an album which I want to add photos to. Now my Aunt has given me the photos but she doesn't want them stuck down she wants to be able to take the photos out. All I can think of is boring photo corners. I wondered if anybody can help me with other ways to add photos to the album but without damaging the photos.
    Thank you

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hi bobble21, welcome to the site.

A compromise might be to use small amounts of repositionable (temporary) adhesive to secure the photos, which would meant the photos are stuck, but not for ever.

You could maybe secure them with small pieces of washi tape across the corners, but I don't know how that would work longer-term, ie it might damage the photos.

Could you make copies of all the photos? That would preserve the originals. Are they especially precious photos?
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you want to use the original photos I think photo corners is the best option, you could always make your own im sure you could find instructions and ideas on you tube or Pinterest.
    If you mount the photos on cardstock you can get a corner cutter that makes slits in the corners of the cardstock so you can slot the photo in
    I’ll see if I can find mine and show you what I mean
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Thank you. They are special to my Aunt and to all our family. I wanted to do the album while we're stuck in doors and I don't have any photographic paper. Thanks for your suggestions.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    You can buy strips from Family tree stockists that are clear. One side sticks to the page and one side slides over the edge of the photo (the clear bit so they don't show much). They are supposed to be better than photo corners as you don't have to bend the photos so much to get them out. I put a short strip on each side of the photo and that seems to have worked for me. You buy longer strips and then cut them to whatever length you want

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Ooh, interesting thanks for the info Cris, not heard of them
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022