Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Beta Version V4.4.075

Lots of worthwhile bug fixes in this version including the large file size problem - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...k9n6Ibfr9AiZCI

Release notes :-

Features

You can now hold shift while panning a pattern to constrain it to a vertical or horizontal direction
    A warning now displays if SEND is pressed while a cut line is overlapping the cut border
    Alignment tools now appear on QAT when text is selected

Bug Fixes

It is now possible to collapse panels
    Saved file sizes in 4.4 have been reduced
    Rhinestone Spacing and Angle Offset sliders no longer snap back to default values when using the arrows
    Corel Draw .CDR files can now be opened on Mac
    Cameo 4 Plus is now updating to the 1.08 firmware
    Cameo 3 is no longer defaulting to ratchet blade when 'Choose Automatically' preference is selected
    Copy-pasting into the sign-in dialog no longer pastes the email address in the design area.
    Adjusting the Trace by Color box no longer crashes Studio
    Crash no longer occurs when trying to use Studio in a very small window
    Closing a tab while in split-screen view no longer causes a crash
    The eraser cursor no longer appears to snap to grid
    Reduced the size of the preferences window
    Spanish translation for reg mark on/off checkboxes are now correct
    Update Japanese text for certain materials
    OK button is now visible on the 'Device detected' pop-up on Windows 7 machines
    Renamed 'Skim Force' to 'Loop Force' in Rotary cut settings
    Made the Force 1 by default on all newly created custom materials for Tool 2
    Studio no longer crashes when you send a stipple design to a Curio
    Changed 'Auto' to 'Detected' for automatic tool detection
    It is now possible to adjust the color of Crosshairs in Designer Edition
    Library banner no longer appears if you click 'X' while an account is syncing
    'Open' to 'Use' for FontsChanged Right-Click >
    UI is now better aligned in preferences
    Added a right-click context menu to document tabs
    Restore defaults is now correctly restoring changed settings in preferences
    There is now a warning when users are going to remove a user from the library
    'Other' is now at the bottom of the material categories list
    Made the 'Font' drop-down wider and longer
    Restored the delete button to the Quick Access Toolbar
    Print Preview window no longer renders over everything even when it is not the active window
    "Sign up" and "Forgot password" links have been restored to the Library sign-in Page
    Updated Wood Paper settings
    Glyphs panel is working in the dark theme
    Commercial font indicator is now displaying for commercial fonts
    Weed Lines cut with settings for Tool 1
    Tutorial text is easier to read when using the Grey theme
    Color changes to improve readability in the snapshot panel
    Made Pixscan warning text more readable on the Dark Theme
    The default blade height for materials is now 0

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley Anne. That's a big long list lot of fixes!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley.......updated to say all the file's in my library that I've tried so far are in bits so they'll either need to be grouped or made into a compound depending on the file.
    Last edited by DJG; 08-03-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley - that's some list!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Shirley.

Not that I am going to download it. I have been using my Cameo 3 as I wanted to do some foiling on my eldest son's 50th birthday card. I did do a trial sample with the Cameo 4 but I did not have time to mess around if it went wrong on the card and we were going away for a week. Trouble with the Cameo 4 is the Foil Quill did not work with the 'A' FQ holder in the blue pen adapter jacket properly. It fitted but the foiling was hit and miss. Don't think the tip was quite touching the foil in places. The small sample I did do was ok and I used the 'D' FQ holder straight into the left side of the carriage. I then read on a post on FB group that it stopped working with the 'D' holder, so I changed to my Cameo 3.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley.

Not that I am going to download it. I have been using my Cameo 3 as I wanted to do some foiling on my eldest son's 50th birthday card. I did do a trial sample with the Cameo 4 but I did not have time to mess around if it went wrong on the card and we were going away for a week. Trouble with the Cameo 4 is the Foil Quill did not work with the 'A' FQ holder in the blue pen adapter jacket properly. It fitted but the foiling was hit and miss. Don't think the tip was quite touching the foil in places. The small sample I did do was ok and I used the 'D' FQ holder straight into the left side of the carriage. I then read on a post on FB group that it stopped working with the 'D' holder, so I changed to my Cameo 3.
    I haven’t even tried the foil quill on with the C4, I use my Curio as it gives better results than even the C3, I am thinking it’s because the solid base gives better support to the carrier sheet.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I haven’t even tried the foil quill on with the C4, I use my Curio as it gives better results than even the C3, I am thinking it’s because the solid base gives better support to the carrier sheet.
    Shirley I use the WRMK metal plate and magnetic strips with my Cameo 3. So much easier to keep the foil and card in place than the washi tape or low tack tape and I do not waste so much foil. I lay one long magnet down, the other next to it and slide that one across to take the creases out. I just have to be careful the magnets are not inline with the white rollers with the black springs on. The mat works with the Cameo 4 but I use 1in strips of black magnetic sheet the sort that sold for storing metal dies.

View Gallery

Is there a magnetic sheet for the portrait, or do we have to stick with the washi tape. The magnets seem a good idea. Any way to improvise?
    Maureen

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    Is there a magnetic sheet for the portrait, or do we have to stick with the washi tape. The magnets seem a good idea. Any way to improvise?
    Maureen not from We R Memory Keepers, it is 12x12. The description of it is misleading as the metal mat is not magnetic, only the magnetic strips.

You could try an A4 metal shim like the ones sold for A4 die cutting machines like the Cut N Boss and cut strips of black magnetic mat. Place the metal shim on top of a cutting mat.

View Gallery

thank you Neries, I knew someone would have a good idea
    Maureen

View Gallery

thank you Neries, I knew someone would have a good idea
    Maureen I hope it works for you. I was going to try that before ordering the WRMK set as I have an A4 Craftwell (Cut N Boss) metal shim, but did not get around to it. I know holding the foil down with black magnetic strips works as I have used it with my Cameo 4 with the WRMK metal mat. As an extra measure I do stick the card to the metal mat with Scotch Repositioning tape, using it over and over again. I found washi tape takes the top layer off some card stock.

View Gallery

thank you, i've been having a look around to see what is available. Does the depth matter of the metal plate?
    Maureen

View Gallery

thank you, i've been having a look around to see what is available. Does the depth matter of the metal plate?
    Maureen the WRMK metal mat is about 0.35mm. The depth of the magnetic strips matter too. At around 1.65mm the WRMK are too thick for the Cameo 1 and 2 as the clearance is only 1mm. The Cameo 3 and the newer Portrait have a clearance of 2mm. My strips of black magnetic mats are 0.65. I hope this helps you.

View Gallery

Yes, thank you that's very helpful x
    Maureen