April colour swatch

by eClaire

Documenting today - April week 1

by eClaire

Everyday magic

by scrapdolly

April Wk 1

by butterbee

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Fabulous sunrise Mary, gladdens the heart, thanks for that.

That is so cats Ellie love it.

I was doing a 3D jigsaw of the Taj Mahal and I kept finding my cat flat out asleep on it. The pieces were made of polystyrene so nice and warm, cat's aren't soft.

Nice and warm unlike my new propogator, one minute it is working and then it's not and no it isn't because the thermostat has kicked in. Last night we tested the probe and found the bag of compost was cool, the compost in our unheated propogator with just lights on it was warmer than our heated propogator. We took it apart and felt the base and it was stone cold and it was supposed to be 23degrees. So we disconnected the probe and lay it in the base of the propogator when it was just connected directly to the mains and it heated up properly. It seems the thermostat side of things may have an intermittent fault. Of course, the company aren't working now so no phone calls, I'll have to try e-mail. I've promised lots of food produce for all our neighbours too. All this technology and it doesn't work and my old propogator just had a dial on it and worked great. Hubby always say, whether it be cars, microwaves whatever the more gadgets it is just the more to go wrong and it is so true.

I was watching a video last night that said most time this virus presents as a simple cold, which is how we've been for the last week. Then just as you think you've got over it it comes crashing back. Yesterday, we had dropped the amount of Vitamin C etc... that we've been taking thinking we are over this cold and I woke up in the night coughing. Worst thing was hubby had just been allowed back into our bedroom. I went back off to sleep but he said he lay awake most of the night worrying and trust me he doesn't know how to worry - so laid back. Anyway, we've bumped everything back up but the lady in our chemist has a bad cough and she should be off work and our neighbour isn't good, hubby said. I'll have to check on him later but he's gone back to bed now. I'll know by looking at him if he needs a doctor or not. Having diabetes everything can go wrong so quickly and he did have the DN's calling up until a week or so ago and look how many of them went off ill. Please don't drop your guard ladies, this is one sneaky virus.

Just to reassure you I'm back to just this tickle in my chest where I want to cough but can stop it most of the time.

Oh yes and I think the difference with Sainsbury's and the other shopping sites is they are identifying their customers by age because they wrote to me and said they'd identified me as someone who was vulnerable. They must have noted that I was also shopping for my elderly neighbour which I've mentioned recently. They also have somewhere you can go on the site to let them know you are vulnerable I think. They then e-mail you each week and tell you when the slots are open for you although I found slots the night before. Worth trying them, my shop came today and neighbours and virtually everything came.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Glad you are feeling better Susie. Do take care. I know that you will
    DH is correct. My DH says that about cars. I have a simple garden thermometer that was my FIL,
    It must be at least 50 yrs old and it still works perfectly. The old ones are the best
    Ellie

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,513 Posts
    I’ve had a phlegmy cough for about 4 weeks when I’m not thinking about it I don’t cough but as soon as I think I start coughing so that makes me think it’s now psychological
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The coughing part does sound as if thinking about it brings it on and I think we can all be like that Mary, but if it is phlegmy then that sounds like you're getting over a cough/chest infection.

My chest is feeling horrible at the moment but I think that is more to do with the amount of gas I've just inhaled in my neighbour's house. I kid you not, we went to take his meds and check on him and the gas has been on for hours. How he managed not to blow us all up I don't know. I'm going to have his cooker disconnected whether he likes it or not. He's left so many pans on, and how his chip pan didn't go up I really don't know. I've told hubby to throw all the cooking oil out and I'm getting on to BG to have his gas to the cooker disconnected. Trouble is he has no sense of smell so he was sitting in the living room completely unaware of the room full of gas. I've put a big white board up in front of where he sits in the living room to remind him not to leave pans on but it hasn't worked, can't do more than that. the doctor asked him last year not to use the oven or hob anymore, just the microwave but he won't listen, I don't even think it is that he's forgetting he is stubborn. It's awful to have to make a decision like this on someone else's behalf but needs must before he kills us all.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 981 Posts
    Morning.
    Oh dear Susie, it’s a good job he has such wonderful neighbours

Ellie, thanks for our lovely March Prompts, it’s been a funny old month with everybody stuck at home now.
    Looking forward to what Elaine has in store for us
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Oh Susie such a scare sounds like he is not fit to live independently
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Morning all
    You’re welcome Alison. Yes it’s been a difficult last two weeks.

Susie, that’s very scary. Do you think he’s got dementia, or as you say he’s very stubborn.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Both Ellie and it is so sad. I have to try to find a way to make him realise that he can't use the cooker and it is best to disconnect in case he forgets but it has to be done so carefully. I hate having to make these decisions, it is like robbing someone of their independence, but if the house goes we all go with it and there is 1 year old next door. It isn't just his safety it is everyone else's as well but it doesn't make this any easier. Two years ago he mentioned to the doctor whether he might be starting with dementia and it never went any further, then you go past that feeling of awareness and it is fear and then trying to hide the symptoms. I can see all the signs as we saw it with mum. The sad thing is they think they are being clever trying to catch you out but it is rather like children who tell lies is a silly way and they think you can't see right through them. those of you who have dealt with hthis know exactly what I'm talking about.

Mum would pretend she'd had a bath and come out of the bathroom fully dressed in the clothes she went in in.

I was up early today so not sure how the day will go. I'm hoping I'll feel okay but could crash shortly so thought I'd better say hello whilst I can still string a sentence together. Oh just realised it's April, must find the prompts.

View Gallery

Where is Elaine today? Is it her turn? Do hope she is ok, or DIL isn’t ill.

Susie that is sad. I know what you mean about hiding things.
    A friend of ours used to hide all sorts of things, and when she couldn’t find them ,
    she would accuse her sister of taking them.
    She was the same with the cooker. Leave pans on to boil dry etc.
    It was electric, so Ken went and disconnected it.. she was not happy.
    In the end it got too much for her sister and she had to put her into a home.
    She was a nursing sister of the old school. Very upright and stern, but when
    she went into the home, she would take off all her clothes and walk round naked!!
    She would have been mortified.
    Hope you are feeling ok.
    Ellie

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,309 Posts
    So sorry.. it’s up now!
    I’ll chat there.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

+ Post New Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233