Documenting today - April week 1

by eClaire

Everyday magic

by scrapdolly

April Wk 1

by butterbee

Daddy's Girl

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Thank ladies, fingers crossed he is just extremely tired although when he said he felt like he'd run a marathon that did ring alarm bells. But (touch wood) he has always had a good immune system and often fights things off with rest so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

We were doing a fast day today and he ended up not doing his so I ended up having a salad and a pile of smoked salmon. I thought I'd ordered smoked salmon fillets to cook in the oven but no. Anyway, I made it into roulades, squeezed some lemon on it and had it with salad, sure ain't a fast day but pretty low just the same.

I'll don the gloves and mask again shortly and see how the patient is.

Elaine, your card was posted about a week ago as it went with the Mother's Day cards and Jeff didn't handle it but you can always burn it if you want.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 981 Posts
    Morning.
    So sorry to hear your news Elaine, big big hugs xxx

Susie, I do hope Hubble is feeling better today. Please take it easy and take care, look after yourselves x
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Thanks Alison. Xx
    Susie.. they say germs can last on paper for up to 24 hours so I am not picking up anything off the mat for at least a day after it is delivered. I just kick it to one side on the mat if I need too. The following day I pick them up and wipe them all down with anti bac wipes and then I have them on my mantelpiece waiting to open on Saturday. It seems extreme but needs must. I’m not prepared to take any chances! I have to look after Miss A next Thursday while DS and DIL have an important hospital appointment so I’m not taking any chances whatsoever! I hope to be able to go in their garden with her rather than enter the house..let’s hope the weather stays fine.
    It’s a beautiful day here today. Long may it last but I hear it is turning cold at the weekend again.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,513 Posts
    I needed something to keep me occupied for a while so I found these jugs I have but never use now and dressed up my steps to display them for the photo
    62DA4A7D-E8DC-4218-A8E8-71CCAC4E1D7F.jpg
    Isn’t it daft how we collect things and may use for a while then they get put away and forgotten
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

5. The Following Users Like This Post:

elainevking (26-03-2020),Susie.A (27-03-2020)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 981 Posts
    Ooh you have a nice collection there Mary, perhaps you could use them as vases ?
    We have a lot of jugs but not many glass ones.

Here’s some green ‘shoots’, or rather buds, I have loads of tulips popping up now, I love spring....

6EE32641-E72A-4E58-B265-CD2493C873FD.jpg
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

7. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (29-03-2020)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Nice to see some green shoots Alison. I have some Alliums coming through.
    I think things are a bit earlier than usual.

Nice jugs Mary. I like blue glass. Yes we have far too many things in our
    cupboards that don’t get used!

Sunny and warm here today
    Ellie

View Gallery

You may..... just saying....
    Pretty jugs. Shame they are tucked away in cupboards. Perhaps you could have a rearrangement to have them out for a few days and put what’s currently out on display into the cupboards to ring the changes while you are indoors Mary? Nice collection anyway.
    Our tulips are mostly up, but no sign of my favourite parrot tulip yet! I’ll try to get a photo of them later.
    How’s Jeff, Susie?
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hubby is a lot better today, he did look worryingly exhausted last night but it has been full on here for the last couple of months and in the last 2 weeks when I haven't been going out he has had to do extra running around. Anyway, I know him so well and he will need to take it easy for another day or maybe two and with luck he'll be back to his usual annoying self. Thanks for your concern ladies I will pass it on to him.

Elaine, my neighbour passed some onion seeds for me to grow, hers had become very straggly. I had a mask on, gloves and wiped the whole packet with antibacterial stuff too, talk about overkill but not taking any chances. Are we all going to be outside at 8pm tonight to clap for our NHS?

Off to walk the dogs, it is like the middle of summer here today. the weather has been so beautiful for so long I am dreading have any rain which I believe is due by the end of the week.

11. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (26-03-2020)

View Gallery

I am so pleased to hear that Susie. You must both take it easy!
    I would be outside clapping but there is no one to hear me up here so I doubt I will.
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

View Gallery

Glad that Jeff is feeling better Susie. Another days rest won5 hurt anyone, and
    will do you both good.

I will go out, but I will feel like Billy no mates, if no one else does
    Ellie

View Gallery

No I didn’t feel stupid, nearly all our cul de sac came out
    Ellie

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

We also went out to clap. The noise was amazing! Should be doing it every night though. After all, these folk go and work in this dangerous environment each day!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We went out as did our neighbour, but there aren't many houses in the vale so it was just the three of us and a lady in the house opposite which only backs on to our vale, she was at her window and we clapped and waved to her. But the noise in the distance from roundabout was amazing, there was clapping and cheering and fireworks so we didn't feel so alone, glad we did it.

Yiayia, you're right, it must be terrifying going into work every day for them and the number of doctors and nurses recalled is incredible.

My niece (American one) is doing some shopping tomorrow and is bringing us some things that we couldn't get when I did my shop at the beginning of the week, which was a lot actually.

Just going to check on the weather before bed.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,513 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    Susie thank you for that lovely email
    I felt very weepy yesterday, mainly over little things that went wrong, my recycle bin got missed, and I couldn’t connect to our church prayer meeting, (I had a number the wrong way round and couldn’t find the info I’d been sent) hope I can feel better today
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

I’m afraid I forgot to go out even though I had intended too. I wish I had done it it would have been a lovely thing to do...even if we weren’t heard.
    I’m feeling a little more upbeat today. We FaceTimed DS and Miss A yesterday while DIL went to the Drs for an injection. It’s so very worrying when she has to go out. It was lovely to see her little face. When we adults were talking over her head we were pulling faces at each other and gurning which made us both laugh! . It’s very difficult when talking to DS when she is about though as you can appreciate. Anyway, they are a lot more upbeat now and being more positive even though they know it is a difficult road ahead. They are pinning all their hopes on this new drug regime so we will keep praying and holding on to hope.
    At least the weather has been lovely and we have been lucky but I do think that the nice weather is drawing people outside so when it changes, which I gather it’s going to this weekend, maybe those morons that have been flooding to the parks will finally stay indoors. They had to shut a park in Brighton yesterday as so many people were congregating! What lot of idiots! I haven’t really done any sorting or anything like yet although I will have to tackle Miss A’s bedroom here soon as it’s become a dumping ground.
    I’m being sent a link today for Ocado so I can get priority delivery slots as I am a long standing Smart Pass customer. I have been paying my subs for over a year and yesterday they took the next payment which was a cheek considering I didn’t think I stood a chance of getting a slot, but then in the afternoon I was sent an email explaining how it would work for us. I hope it works out. Whoever thought that a food shop would be the highlight of my week! Lol. I have a delivery today..and it has stuff for 4 families in this week..it’s huge! Lol
    I had a down time day yesterday and sat on my backside quite a bit watching tv etc. But today I’m want to do a bit more as here I am wide awake having not worn myself out during the day so I haven’t slept well at night again. Our garden is looking really good as DH has been our there constantly and he is sleeping like a log!
    Mary..I hope you feel better today. It’s the little things that seem so important when we are not in our usual routine. Are you getting daily contact with your family? If not, why not FaceTime them regularly. Speaking from experience, it really lifts the spirits and they too are in the same situation and probably looking for things to do aswell.
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

+ Post New Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast