Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Thread: Can I ask

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Can I ask

I am trying to do a 18th Birthday Craft box for my Granddaughter who will be 18 on the 19 March this year.
    what I need to know is What should i put in the box for card making
    i would be greatful for any ideas please
    thank you in advance

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a lovely idea Ruth. Is she new to crafting because what you put in will depend on what she already has? Ribbons (nothing too wide) grosgrain, satin or organza is nice for cards and pearls or rhinestones (preferably both) always come in handy. A pack of cards and matching envelopes, some pretty papers and some sentiments, maybe die cuts. Stamps and inks although if she hasn't stamped before it can be daunting if it looks smudged. Glue tape pens or glue of some kind, maybe some glitter and Quickie glue pens are good for drawing on things and then sprinkling glitter on top. The choice will depend on what style of card you think she will want to make, the options are endless. Flowers and butterflies always come in handy, what about a craft punch.

How big is the box going to be and what do you want to spend?

View Gallery

Hi Susie.A, she loves die cuts, I have made a few packets of die cuts, and clitter card, ds tape, she is not into stamping, so thats a no go area,
    so far I have card a few dies,wish i could find a few cheap ones, ds tape, a couple of the small paper pads, 2 packs of cards and envelopes, and 2 cards of rhinestones,
    and the box is no where near full, I have my eye on a set of punches,
    maybe I should look at the sale pages
    I would like to spend about £100.00, as you are only 18 once

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi Ruth.
    Have you looked in The Works for Dies. They are quite reasonable.
    Sounds a nice present to get for your 18th.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    What a lovely gift.
    What about including a card magazine subscription ? You could include the latest edition in the box.

And why not check out the UKS sponsors, they will have a card making section in their on line shops
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Red Head, thank you, yes I have seen them in there, thanks for jogging my memory,
    I will be in there on saturday

View Gallery

Alison 2, I don’t think she would like that
    As I have a large selection I bought from a charity shop, she had a look through, and said, she would rather
    make up here own designs, and I will check out sponsors, thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Oh fair enough, they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, I like them mainly for the freebies
    Hope you find some more lovely things to fill the box
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What about a few nice colouring pens, Promarkers, Spectrum Noir/Aqua or some such thing so she can colour in her die cuts if they are white. I probably have a random selection of die cuts sitting around if you would like some of them to add to your collection for her. The new sponsor WowVow have some lovely rhinestone embellishments, they don't have to be for weddings but nice to have something pretty for a special birthday card. Rub ons are good, I love rub ons although not sure how easy they are to get these days. They're nice for both cards and scrapbook LO's. Yes ladies, I do remember scrapbook LO's.

Does she like to use a computer? If so, what about buying her a USB with a selection of pretty papers and sentiments on. They are really handy if you like to print your own papers. Some people love digi others don't but I do like playing around with designs on the computer.

What about buying her a die cutting machine to get her started if she hasn't already got one. You can get some great machines and such reasonable prices these days and it wouldn't take too big a chunk out of your £100. They often come with free dies and embossing folders too. As Ellie, said The Works has a great range of dies and they are very cheap but brilliant quality. For instance the Sizzix Big Shot is only £54 on Amazon and the sponsors might have a similar price. I mention that because it is a great machine and reliable but there are so many on the market now. That would be like getting her a big gift and lots of other stuff too - just a thought. Just checked Hobbycraft and if you've never ordered from them they give a 15% discount too.

Oops am I doing my enabling thing here. I'm well known for it Ruth.

You'll have to take a photo of the box when it's done and let us all see how it looks. Such a lovely, but fun idea for a special birthday.