Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cameo 3 gets stuck part way through job

Hi all, I am back with yet another puzzle. I am trying to cut out on my Cameo 3. It starts off fine and then about half way through just keeps tapping up and down in the same spot. I tried cancelling the job, turning everything off and back on but then it does exactly the same thing and seems to get stuck at the same point in the cut job. I don't have any other devices on to interfere with it. Does anyone have any ideas please? Sorry to be a nuisance!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Is it just one particular file ?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Shirley, yes it seems to be one file in particular, it must be something wrong with it. I have been having one of those days where you seem to achieve nothing because of fighting with computers. I gave up on this job and moved on to doing some stickers with a newly acquired foiling quill. I ended up giving up on that too, after several hours. Sil. Studio kept hanging when I was trying to send the job. Probably too much data for it to handle. I don't think that the software is able to cope with anything too complex. I did wonder about upgrading to the business edition to enable me to send straight from CorelDraw but I have a feeling that it might not be much better - unless anyone can tell me different?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I found the 32bit Studio software does not cope with sketch files for my Quill. I find the 64bit works better for me. I upgraded to business edition about two years ago as I wanted to save SVG files and at the time had both a Cameo and Curio connected. I got designer edition years ago when it first came out.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for that info Neries. At the moment I am using the 64 bit version Designer Edition, and am tempted to try the Business Ed. just wary of doing so and finding no improvement.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by doricdragons View Post
    Thanks for that info Neries. At the moment I am using the 64 bit version Designer Edition, and am tempted to try the Business Ed. just wary of doing so and finding no improvement.
    I can't say if it runs better on Business Edition or not. With problems in Studio I sometimes find leaving it alone for a few hours for my computer's memory to empty can work.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I solved the problem with the software hanging when I was trying to send a complex job. I have two graphics cards in my laptop. I forced the computer to only use the more powerful graphics card and it has improved performance immensely. Now I just need to work out what was wrong with the first problem, (the file that kept sticking half way through the job!)