Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: 12x12 albums

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

12x12 albums

Morning! I am doing my yearly stock up on albums and page protectors and is it just me, or is it getting harder to find 12x12 albums? I really only do pocket scrapbooking and have only just found out that Becky Higgins physical product is no longer being made. Had I been a bit more on the ball I'd have stocked up last year, but I totally missed that announcement!! I've managed to get a load of boxes of the page protectors but am really struggling to find cloth albums. I have 7-8 years of albums, all cloth and I was hoping to eventually switch them all to the becky higgins ones as I liked the style and they had the metal corners on them which help stop them being bashed. But you cannot get them for love nor money. Second choice would have been American crafts cloth albums but they too are few and far between. The only choices in most shops (and the ranges are pretty small wherever I look) are the WRMK faux leather ones. These are OK, but way more expensive, or the American Crafts modern albums which have a cloth spine (great!) but then naked chipboard cover, which I am less keen on.

Anyway...I guess my question after that waffle...is it just me? Am I missing something? Where is everyone else getting their albums from??
    julia

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I tend to buy 12 x 12 D rings albums these days and the only ones I can find seem to be Kaisercraft ones. The only problem is they don't seem to keep the same style for long so I have a variety of mismatched ones. They don't have corner protectors though. sometimes I can find a sponsor who has some in. Have you tried our lovely sponsors on here. It might be worth contacting them to see if they can get what you are looking for. In my experience they have their own wholesale suppliers who may be able to help even if they aren't on their own websites. The smaller independent companies try so much harder to get supplies for you. Give them a shout

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I've just seen this on the ATDML website

"We are always looking for new ways to give our customers the goods they want, if we do not stock the product you are looking for please use the

contact us section of the site to let us know. If it is by a manufacturer we currently stock it may be possible for us to order it in especially for you.

Even if we cannot currently get it for you it is extremely useful to get feedback on what customers are looking for, this will help us

to expand our stock to reflect what our customers want."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hi Elaine, thanks for that. I had checked the sponsors websites, but stupidly it had not occurred to me to simply email them and see if they could order some for me! Guess what I'll be doing next then! Great idea!

Faffer Extraordinaire lou@papermaker's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    I've also been on the lookout for some new 12x12 albums, look forward to hearing out you get on with this
    My BLOG
    SWAPS:

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well, I am also a Becky Higgins fan, having come late to the 'pocket' style. I have just started mixing pages: 12x12 for some photos, and the rest in 6x4 pockets. I prefer D-rings now, but agree they are harder to get. Good suggestion, elaine, to contact a sponsor.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I’m thinking about swapping and starting to get ring albums, they seem to hold so much more. Just slightly concerned if they break easily.
    Amazon and the range do lovely standard albums though

Good morning! You people are amazing with arts & craft and you guys have also made my mind to make it a hobby. So, I decided to start from today & hence I ordered the Arts & Crafts board from the Arts & Crafts Coupons that will be delivered to me within 3 days. Kindly help me with how to start for a beginner? Thanks!
    Last edited by michelletaylor; 04-05-2021 at 10:08 AM.