Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Studio Help - Split/Divide A4 Page

Please can anyone offer advice?

I need to VISUALLY divide/split my A4 page into 4 EQUAL quadrants. I only need to SEE the 4 quadrants whilst I am working and designing. They must not show up when I finally print or cut the design.

To explain my purpose - I want to work with an A4 page (physically), but the intention is to design two A5 cards at once, so that I can cut and or print on a single A4 page once I am finished designing.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If you have page guides in your version of Studio use a shape to measure the same as an A4 page and use the guides to divide the page if you don't have the guides this is an A4 page file (measurements taken from Google) you can make your page the same size and use the page as a guide for your project although you may need to make it a tiny bit smaller to go through the machine. If you need it landscape just rotate it. HTH

A4 PAGE.studio3Screenshot_2.jpg
    Last edited by DJG; 11-02-2020 at 06:56 PM.

View Gallery

[QUOTE=DJG;6739565]If you have page guides in your version of Studio use a shape to measure the same as an A4 page and use the guides to divide the page if you don't have the guides this is an A4 page file (measurements taken from Google) you can make your page the same size and use the page as a guide for your project although you may need to make it a tiny bit smaller to go through the machine. If you need it landscape just rotate it. HTH

Thank you so very much for the quick response. I had already done something similar, but thought there was a way (similar to putting your grid on), that was easier to use.

View Gallery

You can put your grid on but you would need to work out the grid spacing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I would draw 2 straight lines, one vertical and one horizontal and then centre both of them on the A4 page. If you want to, change the colours of both lines and then before you cut the design either delete the lines or if you cut by line colour, untick that colour you have used just for the lines in the selection box.

Hope that helps! I know what I mean in my head but am not too good at describing it in a few words!

View Gallery

Great minds Sue more or less what I said I've added a screenshot now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Great minds Sue more or less what I said I've added a screenshot now
    Your explanation sounds a lot better than mine Doreen!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

I would do the same as Doreen and Sue but if you have Designer Edition or above I would put the lines on their own layer, giving them a different colour from the design and lock it then design in a different layer. Then when cutting you could cut by layer or line colour.