February Week 3

by mariak

UFebuary house challenge

by scrapnanny

Friday5 feb14th

by scrapnanny

February wk 3

by scrapnanny

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 1,048 Posts
    I will pass on your compliments to my niece but the most important thing about her is, she is as lovely on the inside as the outside. A truly sweet, kind person, basically a lovely human being - yes, I am biased naturally. She now has 3 guinea pigs and a hamster in her conservatory and of course her elderly dog who must be wondering where all the creatures came from. He's a Jack Russell so I'm surprised he hasn't tried to eat them.

It shouldn't be hard to find the glass Ellie and could protect it from further damage. No, they haven't sent the missing rows yet so I started knitting one of the fronts instead. Often if you search for errata on the pattern websites they'll tell you when they've found a mistake or more likely it has been pointed out to them by some poor person like me struggling to get the pattern right. There was nothing online that I could find so maybe it is quite a new pattern.

Mary, I'm so glad to hear that it was just the lead for now anyway. At least you are up and running again. I think my first computer lasted about 10 years and had the wonderful XP operating system on it. I loved that system. When I finally had to get rid of it I ended up with my Mac but even that is coming up to 8 years old this year. Where does the time go.

Elaine, my sister is a clearer outer like you. Some of my favourite items were hers and instead of going to charity they end up in my wardrobe. We all need an Elaine in our lives to keep us on the straight and narrow. How do you decide when it is time for something to go from your wardrobe? My problem is I have nice clothes that are a bigger size than I am now and I think I could wear them if I ever put on weight again. Mind you, that doesn't excuse having things from the 70's/80's does it.

Hairdresser's tomorrow but at least the weather seems to have calmed down.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,266 Posts
    The weather woke me this morning here.. terrible wind and rain lashing against the windows (thanks for send it my way Susie). I had only 5 hours sleep so now I shall be tired and grumpy all day ( well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) lol
    Susie.. throw out the 'fat girl' stuff..you don't need it now and there are plenty of people who would be grateful for it. That's how I am so ruthless..there are so many people whose need is greater than mine. I have things in my wardrobe for two years.. if I haven't worn them in that time then I donate it to charity. The ancient stuff in my wardrobe is black tie evening type dresses that won't fit me..and probably never will, so now I have remembered them I am going to donate them. Thanks for the nudge! Of course if I am still wearing stuff that is older then 2 years (and I have plenty) I won't donate it, it's only the stuff I don't wear..and when I buy new clothes I always chuck out something otherwise the wardrobe just gets fuller and fuller. I've just had a splurge on new underwear today so when it all arrives and (if it fits) I'll be chucking out a whole bag of old undies. I don't think I've said but I don't currently have a washing machine as we sold the old one and DH hasn't yet plumbed in the new one. So.. DH has been taking our washing to work with him. The only problem is, I have discovered, that it only washes on a hot wash..so my nice white, delicate, underwear has come home a disgusting shade of grey! Good old M & S to the rescue..oh and Matalan, they do some knickers in there that have been buying for years so I have ordered them too. At least I will have some nice white undies again. TMI? Sorry!
    Yiayia.. I'm off to Lanzarote on Thursday 20th..just for a week. I'm so looking forward to getting away from this awful weather.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,466 Posts
    It’s about time I posted a photo here
    My box of large punches and most of them seem to be blue
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

4. The Following Users Like This Post

elainevking (13-02-2020)

View Gallery

I lost the post so took it again and both photos appear on the one post
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Hi everyone, well am |I glad to get yesterday over with. They couldn't find a vein to put the cannula in, and I nearly fainted because they were moving the needle inside my hand, then they tried to pump the sedation into my hand and it swelled up because they'd missed the vein, then they tried my right hand, and missed again, then after a lot of slapping found a vein on my arm. The Gastroscopy was ok but the Colonoscopy really hurt at one point. After taking me through to recovery they did my blood pressure was really low, and they made me have some squash to bring it back up to normal, then I was allowed some coffee and biscuits. They took 6 biopsies from the Gastroscopy, and 2 from the colonoscopy but they didn't find any reason for my iron levels being low. I stayed at Mabels overnight, but drove home after lunch today.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 942 Posts
    Evening all.
    Sorry Iím not around much, busy trying to keep DD organised for her wedding. Her bridesmaids are not being much use so I have just booked the hen do.
    We went for a dress fitting yesterday, ending up buying an underskirt and a sparkly belt, not to mention the half dozen last minute pairs of shoes so she had them for the fitting. Sheís chosen a pair so the rest will be going back ! We were both worried that we might see a dress we liked better when we returned to the shop but no need to worry, our dress is still the favourite, itís so DD
    Weíve got a fund raising ball on Saturday for her friend, and the spinal injury charity, Iím wearing a dress that must be 20 years old, I knew it would come in useful again I do need to get rid of some other clothes though, and my underwear drawer definitely needs a sort out ! I tend to avoid white as Iím rubbish at keeping them white.

Sheila, glad your hospital visit is over, sounds like it was a bit of an ordeal !

Susie, hope you get those missing stitch patterns so you can get on with your knitting, how confusing !!

Mary, nice collection of punches
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Glad its over Sheila
    You can still fit into your 20 year old dress thats good Alison
    Yes I need to sort out my wardrobe I have 2 pairs of old fashioned trousers from river island never wear but love and loved them but they still good and cant bear to part with them
    A couple of best jackets that not wore in years but keep in case "I might"but wont
    You never think the pattern would be printed wrong Susie
    lots of blue punches Mary
    I have an E Elizah with her little sister
    ATTACH=CONFIG]204604[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (13-02-2020),Mary Buttons (13-02-2020),Susie.A (13-02-2020)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,436 Posts
    Oh thatís a gorgeous photo Denise. Baby is lovely and looks contented.

Alison itís a busy time for you and DD. Canít wait to see the wedding dress.
    I should be so lucky as to be able to wear a 20 yr old dress

Lots of good punches there Mary.

Sheila, sorry it wasnít the most comfortable of procedures. But itís over with now.
    A few years ago I was an emergency admission to hospital, and had a drip in my arm overnight.
    My arm just kept getting tighter and really hurt. I kept telling them that I didnít think
    the drip was in properly, but they just said it was.! I waited until my arm felt like it
    was fit to burst and then demanded someone more senior to come and look at it
    I was right . The fluid was just going into the tissue and making my arm swell!!!!
    After that I had a proper drip put in.
    Glad you are ok now Sheila.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Sheila (and Ellie) that is just dreadful, wouldn't have happened when you were on the wards Ellie. Odd they still haven't found why your iron levels are low Sheila, but at least that is over and done with and hopefully you won't need anymore such tests. Glad you are recovering. Just try to take it easy for another day, that was a lot for your body to go through.

When I've tidied up my shelf with punches on I'll get a photo, mind you, they are almost all Martha Stewart so don't fit the colour prompt at all.

Alison, I am like you have clothes I can fit into from years ago and styles come and go and I like to buy things that don't date anyway. Glad to hear the wedding is coming along nicely, they need you to keep an eye on them all.

Denise, what beautiful children and Eliza does look really content and just look at all that dark hair.

Elaine, I hope your weather has improved. On the way home the gritter was out going through the town so I reckon we can expect some very cold weather tomorrow. I promise I didn't intentionally send you bad weather, you've had more than your fair share of rain recently. My sister was showing me videos of New Brighton and at one point it looked like a tsunami racing up the main road, absolutely horrific. I have never seen waves so high in my life.

Once we've got all this paperwork sorted I must try to get rid of the old clothes. Every bedroom needs a clear out of some sort or another and let's not start on the loft. The underwear drawer could definitely be cleared out, especially old nighties.

Off to pop something in the oven now and feed the boys. They missed their 6pm feed.

Hope the ball is a great success Alison. We are sponsoring our hairdresser's little girl who is doing a Wellie Walk. It is to help a little boy in their school who has cancer, only about 7 I think, doesn't bear thinking about does it. I do have my missing knitting pattern so must print that off too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 1,436 Posts
    Susie, when you have sorted your punches out you could call the photo
    E for Enough is Enough
    Ellie

13. The Following Users Like This Post

Susie.A (13-02-2020)

View Gallery

Denise the photo of the two little ones is gorgeous

My slip/vest/nighty drawer is a disgrace I have so much in it that I never wear I really must go through it and chuck out

Glad wedding preparations are going well Alison all very exciting
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RED HEAD View Post
    Susie, when you have sorted your punches out you could call the photo
    E for Enough is Enough
    Ellie
    Cheeky madam.

16. The Following Users Like This Post

RED HEAD (13-02-2020)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So I sat down with the new knitting instructions and they don't make sense. I got my neighbour in and she can't make head nor tail of them either. I've now sent a photo of the knitting and asked them to explain again, exactly which rows go where. My neighbour and I reckon I have a gift for choosing patterns which are inaccurate. I remember when I was given a word processor, some of the instructions were incorrect and once I found out how to use it properly I had to write the instructions in the manual. Same with my knitting machine, that had all sorts of mistakes in the manual and at first you always think it is you who is in the wrong, especially when it is something new that you are learning about. So frustrating.

View Gallery

Good morning Snappers
    Oh Susie how annoying why don’t you give up and get another pattern
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Morning all.
    Lovely photos of the little ones Denise.
    Susie you have the patience of a saint..I’d have thrown it out of the window by now.
    I had a huge row with my sister last night, a sleepless night ensued and I feel really down today. I can’t see now we will ever mend these bridges.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast